Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ville-v

El hour lasts more than real hour

Shouldn't El time and real time be the same (except there is 6 hours in day of course :) )? I noticed that hour change of El moves some real minutes forward every hour. Hour seems to have 60 minutes and minute 60 seconds, so problem is maybe in lenght of el second.

Edited by ville-v

this has been like this forever...sometimes the second jumps a bit so the el time moves different than real time, probably wont change

As I recall from looooong ago, EL has a different time rate than RL by design. This allows players who have short playing windows on a fixed schedule to experience different parts of the EL day - for instance they won't always be playing when it's nighttime in EL and gargoyles are roaming White Stone map.

As I recall from looooong ago, EL has a different time rate than RL by design. This allows players who have short playing windows on a fixed schedule to experience different parts of the EL day - for instance they won't always be playing when it's nighttime in EL and gargoyles are roaming White Stone map.

I didn't say that there are 6 hours in el day, I said that el second is a bit longer than rl second :)

Shouldn't El time and real time be the same (except there is 6 hours in day of course :) )? I noticed that hour change of El moves some real minutes forward every hour. Hour seems to have 60 minutes and minute 60 seconds, so problem is maybe in lenght of el second.

The EL hour is shorter then a real hour on purpose. This is a feature, not a bug. It helps add variety for people that can only play at about the same time every day.

Learner does it again!

Yeah so the point is so, I usually log on about 5:00 but it would be the same time in EL everyday if it was the same 60 to a minute, Everybody likes variety!

Knight

Edited by The_Knight

from my testing, I've found EL minutes to be about 57k RL milliseconds long. or 59 seconds to the minute and 966ms (RL) to the second(EL)

Learner does it again!

:P What did he do?

He called bug feature :P

It's not a bug when Entropy does it on purpose. I also stated part of the logic as to why.

I am going to implement a nuclear clock, just to make ville-v happy.

complete with radiation damage?