Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Learner

Top/Ranking Privacy & Support

Indeed, nice price.

And the more people will do it, the better the effect is :whistle: .

Yes, the more people that enable privacy, the harder it will be to figure out or guess people levels.

The cool thing is that they will still be able to pay for a special password to see where they rank with everyone else so in a sense that does help allot to figure out some levels.

The cool thing is that they will still be able to pay for a special password to see where they rank with everyone else so in a sense that does help allot to figure out some levels.

The password privacy protects your account from being snooped at in detail and only people that know your password can see your information. Each person that activates this option gets to choose what password they want to protect their information from others.

You are not paying a fee to see other peoples info, it is to protect your information.

Guest stalag

I don't like it at all :hug::P

Why ? It's important that players can see there progression on top, is kind of a motivation to keep pushing the stats up. I love to see my name every week climbing top positions to some other players which i though a few months ago only in my dreams i could do that.

Whats the fun in looking at a top chart and see only -private- everywhere ? it's the same not have top at all.

I prefer donate 5$ to see more stats then paying to see nothing.

I like much better the GC ranking ideia , for that kind of ideias i will donate something of free will :devlish::D

I notice that ant_queen's ranking is now private . . . I recently surpassed her in harvest level so I'm sure that's her . . .

I don't like it at all :hug::P

Why ? It's important that players can see there progression on top, is kind of a motivation to keep pushing the stats up. I love to see my name every week climbing top positions to some other players which i though a few months ago only in my dreams i could do that.

Whats the fun in looking at a top chart and see only -private- everywhere ? it's the same not have top at all.

I like much better the GC ranking ideia , for that kind of ideias i will donate something of free will :devlish::D

Maybe it's for players that don't like it? For ones that just don't like feeling the pressure caused by others only due to their levels?

It's complicated and reasons are probably different for different people. Just ask ones that made their stats private why they did it.

I don't like it at all :icon4::mean:

I like much better the GC ranking ideia , for that kind of ideias i will donate something of free will :icon13::)

Maybe it's for players that don't like it? For ones that just don't like feeling the pressure caused by others only due to their levels?

It's complicated and reasons are probably different for different people. Just ask ones that made their stats private why they did it.

Some people might even do it just to have fun with the rank watchers to add some mystery to the charts. At least this privacy does not affect the Top/Rankings the way that #set_privacy was for a bit before we yelled at Rogue. I am trying to strike a balance between different peoples desires.

FYI, there are people other then Ants that are private.

It's nice, but it feels like another way to make 'easy' money and this is just another thing to make a bigger difference between people who own a credit card or have lots of money and people who don't have. And I don't really like that evolution.

Sorry to say this.

Can I pay in Australian dollars? (actually I would rather pay in New Zealand dollars :P ).

If not then it looks a little less enticing to me. And I dont like that Paypal thingie...and I can see where the people who cant afford or dont have credit card would be disadvantaged...But then again they are getting game free...(not like other mmorp's that could be mentioned).. so they cant really complain too loudly...

I don't like it at all :dry::)

I like much better the GC ranking ideia , for that kind of ideias i will donate something of free will :icon4::)

I did it because every single person who eventually gone to pk maps had it enabled. So if i did not have it they would have an advantage, they would know my stats and i would have little clue about their stats.

If you were not an outright enemy i would tell my stats (if you asked me), because i thought i had nothing to hide.

I know many, many people who did the same (setting on, because if they did not others would have an advantage), "#set_privacy on" is a pre-requisite to enter a pk map.

Edited by Lorck

"Squeaky Wheel" Suggestion:

Can the bot-ranking issue be fixed, instead of just masking it? I mean, I understand trying to at least hide the names, but is there a way to give an accurate ranking of the Ants/other bots without forcing them onto the Player lists?