Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LordGordon

Alchemy, Potion and Manufacture failure

As a general rule people say that you learn from your mistakes, well I've been thinking and maybe this should translate into the game.

I've been noticing that with a lot of the more involved Alchemy, Potion and Manufacture options players have a much higher tendancy to fail in their creation, this is highly frustrating, especialy when trying to create a lot of the items and failing to do so and even more so when you lose the ingredients. I'm not suggesting a lot of experience be given when this happens, merely a few points, perhaps 5 or 10 % of what the product would provide, eg for a basic life essence of 50exp, failing to create it would provide only 5exp, losing the ingredients maybe 3exp.

With this, while you don't get nearly as much as you would have its still a little something and in a way, learning from your errors which led to the failure.

What do you think?

The developers are going to change the experience system soon. as far as i know they are going to increase the experience earnt for makeing each item and increaseing the time to make the item. this is to help improve the economy by reduceing the need for mass production to advance in your skills.

A good suggestion, not too much, can't hurt... And for people like me who are the right level for making HEs and such but still fail half the time it would help, and it should be the closer to the level you are the hgher the exp, the further, the less.

Failure is a part of the learning curve.

If there were no failures, what would you have left to strive for?

I'm not saying there shouldn't be failures, simply that you should learn from them, a few experience points for failing to make an item surely wouldn't hurt in the long run. Afterall even when you screw up in real life you learn something.