Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mihaim

Macroing and automixing

Some people tried to make automixing to look like something normal. Let's get one thing straight:

automixing IS macroing

Acording to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macro

( thx Frak for the link)

In most situations, the use of the word "macro" implies expanding a small command or action into a larger set of instructions.

What automixing do ?

It will repeat the following steps ( it might be more steps but i want to keep it simple ):

0) check if food level is above a certain value

1) if is not , find in inventory a food source and use it

2) send to server the manufacture string

3) if no more food or ingredients stop

4) repeat from step 0)

So ... With ONE click you perform 4 operations.

Imagine the folowing scenario of automixing:

A character with 800 emu. He gets 200 red roses, 200 red snap, 200 sulph and 50 fruits.

And he clicks ONCE on automix and wait some time (he can even go away). After the wait is over he will have 200 Fire essences and experience for it ... With ONE click. The rest of actions are expanded and performed by the automixer. Wich leds us back to the macroing definition.

Now stop saying that automixing is not macroing. It is macroing. Yes it "saves" a lot of clicks but then why are you playing this game and not playing a FPS?

One more thing for those who didn't read the rules yet:

21. No Macroing or Automation.

Do not use illegal automated programs, scripts or computers. The use of any illegal automated program or system, devices, computers or scripts will result in an immediate ban from the game.

Try NOT to spam this thread. I will delete any spamming messages posted in here .

One other thing to add as well, it does not matter if you are at your computer or not at your computer when you auto-mix/macro. It still brings about the same punishments.

mihaim, roja, youre right.

but whats the point? automization or macroing, both are illegal. the question is, what is the advantage of ef client over official. some ppl had wrong ideas, like it would let you train for hours while being afk.

ofcourse saying "i didnt macro i just used automix" is wrong. :D

mihaim, roja, youre right.

but whats the point? automization or macroing, both are illegal. the question is, what is the advantage of ef client over official. some ppl had wrong ideas, like it would let you train for hours while being afk.

ofcourse saying "i didnt macro i just used automix" is wrong.  :D

205681[/snapback]

I belive this post was in general to explain to those who dont actually understand, knowing exactly what is covered is good for those of us who dont code =), Might be a good idea to add it as a sticky in rules, and provide a link?