Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Murlock

#storage command problem

I've noticed that there are items missing when I type '#storage'. Even if I type '#storage gold' for example is still reports <none>.

I have manually checked my storage to confirm I actually have some gc and it shows up in the storage window.

I also notice that the amount of slots in use/free doesn't show any more either. I suspect I'm using over 100 slots, but can't actually tell at the moment.

Latest CVS as of the date of this post running under Linux.

edit

Just decided to try removing a load of items from storage and try the command again. Now some of the missing items are showing in the '#storage' list, but the last item in the list seems to be cut off '307 Sp'

Edited by Murlock

try just `#sto` without an item, and you'll see why. it's not keeping all of the list (as you discovered)

this is a client problem, though, the server sends the whole list.

try just `#sto` without an item, and you'll see why. it's not keeping all of the list (as you discovered)

197695[/snapback]

Well that is much easier than pressing ALT-X :)

Well that is much easier than pressing ALT-X  :)

197698[/snapback]

O_o

it shouldn't close the client or anything... (if it crashes, there's something else going wrong)

197695[/snapback]

Hmm, it's possible that the filtering code cuts the message off at 1024 characters. Try increasing the buffer size in multiplayer.c, line 316.

Hmm, it's possible that the filtering code cuts the message off at 1024 characters. Try increasing the buffer size in multiplayer.c, line 316.

197787[/snapback]

I increased the buffer size to 2048 (possible overkill) and recompiled. That seems to have sorted it for me. All of my storage now lists, I can list by string match and slots used/free now show up.

Incidentally I am using 103 of 200 slots so maybe 2048 isn't enough if I was to use all 200 slots?

Thanks for the help.