Eternal Lands Official Forums
Kendai

New monster idea:

Why not a giant scorpian?

Scorpian.jpg

It would attack with both its claws and its stinger, perhaps causing poison if "stung," much like a poisonous red snake would. I imagine them quite large, perhaps the size of a chimeran wolf or even larger ;) It can be simplified (perhaps not so many legs or all the "armor" drawn in) for animation purposes, as long as the basics are kept. Not sure how powerful these scorpians would be (where it would fall on the monster "food chain" lol), but we can determine that here in this topic.

What do you think? ^_^

*Cough*Runescape*Cough*

I like the idea! perhaps a line of poisons could be made from the venom ;)

**sighs sadly** No, I didn't play Runescape either... lol only trying to help out :P

Poisons could be an interesting idea, perhaps you can collect the stinger from the scorpian when you kill it, to use as a key ingredient (along with red poisonous snake skin of course) in a potion. How would this work in turn? After all, you don't want to poison yourself by drinking it (although there can be a slight random chance of it, to keep things interesting ;)).

Nice! Maybe the poison could be weaker or stronger than that of the snake?

:bow_arrow: Dunian :battleaxe:

i've seen the huge-scorpions-as-a-monster thingy as far back as quest for glory 2 (1990 I think) and it was probably used before then... don't go suggesting that it's copying a recent game :bow_arrow:

Nice! Maybe the poison could be weaker or stronger than that of the snake?

I think that's a great idea. Once your HPs are anywhere over 30 or you have magic 21, red snakes become a joke instantly...

Poison of Scorpion could do maybe 5 damage every second... but perhaps hits you more rarely...

Another thought on poison. Could be stackable. Every time you get hit another poison drop appears and you lose 1 more HP each second for each droplet.

Poison of Scorpion could do maybe 5 damage every second... but perhaps hits you more rarely...

Another thought on poison.  Could be stackable.  Every time you get hit another poison drop appears and you lose 1 more HP each second for each droplet.

191286[/snapback]

I like that :D

Maybe it should wear off 1 point in time too?

And maybe another effect if you have too strong poison,

like some sort of paralysis or accuracy/strength/toughness reduction? :bow_arrow:

EDIT: And a poison cure spell as well?

Edited by Choris

On precedent:

I'm pretty sure Giant Scorpions were around in the early D&D Monster Manual et al (c.1980) -- just about "Giant Anything" was there (and just about any monster suggestion since!). My copy is packed away so I cannot check, but I'll make a point of getting a PDF copy for reference.

Before that, I vaguely recall seeing a hero fight a giant scorpion in a 60s movie, but no idea which or what so cannot be adamant.

But if it weren't so big, it'd be considered an animal, not a monster... lol and who wouldn't want to go up against a gigantic scorpian? :icon13:

Well, maybe people who are deathly afraid of creepy crawly things, but...

Well, if a 3D model is made for a Scorpion, there is little work in having monster and creature (giant and small) versions.

Download 'blender' and have a play, maybe you will find a hidden talent ;-)

Oh dear... I downloaded Blender and just looking at it makes me dizzy :icon13:

I've only really used MSPaint to do anything graphic-related lol. Anyone got a link to a complete n00b tutorial? :blink:

Blender Video Tutorials (other tutorials linked from there)

Working with Blender will take some time to master, but its free, and a very valuable skill to have :icon13:

Edited by trollson