Eternal Lands Official Forums

there should be some button that u can hit follow then u click someone like my friend was trying to show me this place when i was a noob and it took a long time to get there cuz we didnt know about coords and stuff so he had to move real slow while i kept clickin

thats a good idea i always can't keep up with my friends

there should be some button that u can hit follow then u click someone like my friend was trying to show me this place when i was a noob and it took a long time to get there cuz we didnt know about coords and stuff so he had to move real slow while i kept clickin

187745[/snapback]

A mulers delight, we have to watch how we balance anything like that

If it allows you to change maps with them, it could cause problems with people tricking newbies into PK maps by getting them to render control of their movement in such way. Honestly, as nice as such a feature sounds, I'm personally thinking the dangers are just too many to implement it without major safeguarding.

okay, how about you can select someone (maybe animals/monsters too, not sure) and as long as the location is known to the client (which is further than the client normally shows, but not that far) we have an arrow at the edge of the screen. if the location is no longer known, maybe the arrow can be to last known place, and o from green to yellow or something

then you can't use it for automatation, but you can still use it to help follow a friend

There is no need to have it follow someone into another map, I would imagine a friend would wait at the map entrance/exit for you.

how about , u can only follow person if hes in ur screen ?

But if you're following him, he would always be on your screen, unless you change maps.

We have a map that you can click on to go places. You can describe the location, "brown dot" for storage, "red dot", "black splotch", even "just south of the southwesternmost house"...

this option sucks ,and is for lazy people only..like u walk now ok? i get a drink brb

interesting idea, but seems familiar... can you say RS lover?

but, seriously, i agree that it really wouldnt be useful here. the only ppl who would use it re newbies who are following a friend to some spot that isnt marked by the map legend (like, caves, seceret spots, etc). the only oter use i could think of is, if you are trying to find som really obscure spot that isnt marked in any way.but even that, at the moment, wouldnt be enough to justify implementing it. the smaller maps just aren't big enough to be of any use.

good point :)

How about something sort of like a trade thing

PolkaDot wants to follow you, click follow him to accept.

OK, PolkaDot was notified, now see if s/he wants to be followed by you.

And you have to change maps on your own, otherwise as learner said, this would make muleing much easier

good idea polkadot :D

Following people was tough as a newbie. I know when I first started I desperately needed that command, but now it wouldn't make any difference.