Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dragburn

am i the only one who noticed this?

just got back to forums after a week and am wondering....where the heck are the flames forums?! and for asking will i get bannzored? i didnt see anything new in rules forum on this so....i am assuming no. but does anyone know the story behind this?

Dunno the story but I know that yesterday was the last day they existed. Ent put up some message about locking and then deleting them :ph34r:

i think its a good thing they are gone, dont get me wrong, there were a lot of funny ones in there, but they just gave such a negative tone to the forums.

just my 2gc

For the past few days the flames remained locked, but still open for viewing.

It has now been removed of course, because there is no point having it there.

And I agree, there were some funny moments, but too much bad has come from that forum, so it's good that it is gone.

I am happy that the flames are gone too.

These forums should be about the development of the game and not about I like/don't like you/me/he/she/it.

... and not about I like/don't like you/me/he/she/it.

I believe the point of flames is pretty much only "I dont like". :blink:

So, yeah, it's a good thing it's gone. :D

i personally believe a flames forum is needed. it is useful in allowing players to vent their feelings without being ingame where a child could read it unwittingly. it also allows for people to express their oppinion.(and me to either smite it or uphold it) it also serves as a warning for some in the community.i say this because someone can read a flame and think to themselves "Wow that makes sense. that guy is some one who i would get along with." or the exact opposite. but most of all it allows for a place to debate pertinent game and non-game issues.it is extremely healthy to the community to see different points of view on different things. but if a flames forum is absolutly out of the question then i ask that a debate forum be implemented in its place. oppinion is one of those things that allows us to define ourselves as human and not beast. oppinion is just one of those things which should be an unalienable right to all human beings.

unless the person in question spouts off something deemed extremely stupid by concensus (sp?).in which case their flames or debate forum pass shall be revoked for three days beginning imediatly after concencus is reached. presiding over concensus shall be the representatives with the representative whose area it pertains to (usually el community rep) presiding and being final vote if a tie is reached.(not sure how many representatives but if odd number then it wont be needed)

note: thats my oppinion and an idea to solve the problem. and as far as i know no flame towards devs & admins

i personally believe a flames forum is needed. it is useful in allowing players to vent their feelings without being ingame where a child could read it unwittingly. it also allows for people to express their oppinion.

152957[/snapback]

Why would the forums be any different? In-game, the child is less likely to read it, as he/she could be in a number of different places. On the forums, however, the child could easily read this flame and learn words/phrases he/she shouldnt.

I think its good they are gone. They caused unnecessary bad attitude and a musty aura to posts here.

I think it's good that the Flames forum is gone!

Some things went way 2 far in there.

153124[/snapback]

You odviously never read the funny stuff in there :\

Why would the forums be any different? In-game, the child is less likely to read it, as he/she could be in a number of different places. On the forums, however, the child could easily read this flame and learn words/phrases he/she shouldnt.

I think its good they are gone. They caused unnecessary bad attitude and a musty aura to posts here.

152982[/snapback]

what do u know pig!!!!!!!!!sorry couldnt resist :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

152982[/snapback]

a responsible parent however will know what the child does on the internet and will attempt to prevent that. placeing a clear warning such as: "not for kiddies" on the link to the flames forum will scare off those impressionable enough to take it seriosly.or perhaps with the birthday function give flames forum passes to those who have a registered age of 14 at the least. i say 14 because by that age they have allready been exposed to language.

You odviously never read the funny stuff in there :\

153209[/snapback]

I did but there was alot of thing that was very bad.