Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ryuu

Life Essence 5 Seconds!

Life Essence should take the same amount of time to make as Health Essence, it is already hard enough to level summon without having to spend hours making Life Essences, plus it's used in multiple spells, and it makes fighters have too big of an advantage over summoners.

That's not a good ideea. Because the summoning does not have level based delay and can be used in combat . If we lower the delay for LE we would have to introduce summoning delay . So What do you prefer ? A slight longer delay when u are on a safe map making essences ? Or delay when you are in combat ?

IMHO even 3 seconds delay to summon a fluffy means a dead summoner ..

woohooo less LE production less ELE less fluffy/chi wolfs :-D

That's not a good ideea. Because the summoning does not have level based delay and can be used in combat . If we lower the delay for LE we would have to introduce summoning delay . So What do you prefer ? A slight longer delay when u are on a safe map making essences ? Or delay when you are in combat ?

so you're saying the summoning delay was added to making LE? what about life drain and other such spells? and what about ELE? it will make them cost a ton more.. i could barely offord them anyway...

so you're saying the summoning delay was added to making LE? what about life drain and other such spells? and what about ELE? it will make them cost a ton more.. i could barely offord them anyway...

LEs and FEs were items that weren't in huge demand for and therefore, built up in mass numbers overtime (I believe someone from -EF- has like 12k LEs just sitting in storage :D). The speed delay on LEs will actually help raise their price, while trying to eventually build up a demand on them. However, items like Health Essences were in large demand, therefore making them faster might be able to keep their cost from ever rising. (Imagine how bad an HE would cost if they suddenly took 10 seconds to make for a level 70 alchemy person)

LEs and FEs were items that weren't in huge demand for and therefore, built up in mass numbers overtime (I believe someone from -EF- has like 12k LEs just sitting in storage :blink:). The speed delay on LEs will actually help raise their price, while trying to eventually build up a demand on them. However, items like Health Essences were in large demand, therefore making them faster might be able to keep their cost from ever rising. (Imagine how bad an HE would cost if they suddenly took 10 seconds to make for a level 70 alchemy person)

omg omg omg! LE price going up is a BAD thing!

LEs and FEs were items that weren't in huge demand for and therefore, built up in mass numbers overtime (I believe someone from -EF- has like 12k LEs just sitting in storage :P). The speed delay on LEs will actually help raise their price, while trying to eventually build up a demand on them. However, items like Health Essences were in large demand, therefore making them faster might be able to keep their cost from ever rising. (Imagine how bad an HE would cost if they suddenly took 10 seconds to make for a level 70 alchemy person)

omg omg omg! LE price going up is a BAD thing!

It may be a bad thing for the moment, but when the supply eventually starts to crumble and demand goes up, price will go up and give LE some of its value back.

so why couldnt HE price go up o-O now its like summoners get even worse because of le price rising and fighters get better and better because HE price dont raise o-O

it's not only the life essence, it's the magic, matter, energy, ... essence, all bars, all manufacturing work (weapons, armour) and crafting.

this is *NO* fun.

i'm making only health essences and minor mana pots now and i go fighting. at the moment, this is the only way to play EL (HE, mana pots, fighting, HE, mana pots, fighting, HE, mana pots, fighting, ....) ... an endless circle and the complete game reduced to this.

here my suggestion: improve the manu speed (again), see: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10367

post scriptum:

"Wir sind das Volk" (We are the people), Germany 1989, Fall of the Berlin Wall

Edited by DrMabuse

the el economy have the problem that supply is 10-100:1 compared to demand. and with unlimted access to base resources this will not change any time soon.