Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
learg

What kind of bow choose

Hi, i've just done the ranging exp quest and i've got 23 ranging lvl. I wonder what bow choose for training: short/long/recurve or maybe xbow. I'd like to shoot to animals and kill them as fast as possible and with good exp. It's better to shoot with recurve at longer distant or with long at shorter? I'd like to thanks for your advice.

Edited by learg

there are as much ways to train ranging as there are rangers ...

well, i trained a different way

1. you need patience and lots of gc

2. if you shoot from above where creatures can't reach you, use crossbow...bolts have only 1 emu

3. for on ground hunting i use shortbow , if you are attacked the bow can break, i know some who lost an elven bow this way

ok, iirc you can count 10 gc per 11 xp you get

i used crossbow in PL mine and shoot down to the skellie and big spider, or bethel pinning the cyclops and dcw when i was under ignore level for them.

if you are good on gc, use ranging arena a lot for leveling, even if its no extra xp day.

if you have a save place like guild map or so, try pvp ranging with a partner with good HP and good mag level for restore...

explore all el-maps for to search places where to range from above down to the creatures and quiet enough so you can collect the bags

ok, only my way :bow_arrow: some might have other ways, try what fits you best, good luck :)

oh, umm...use crossbow as much as you can for training

better acc and you can carry double amount of ammo

Edited by wuffzel

Hi, i've just done the ranging exp quest and i've got 23 ranging lvl. I wonder what bow choose for training: short/long/recurve or maybe xbow. I'd like to shoot to animals and kill them as fast as possible and with good exp. It's better to shoot with recurve at longer distant or with long at shorter? I'd like to thanks for your advice.

If you want to level fast, I hope you have a lot of gc, otherwise it will take a while....

If you want to kinda break even or make a small profit when ranging, look at Dugur's thread. That's how I am training currently :)