Eternal Lands Official Forums
Littlebig

Settings for alt

Hello. my problem is separated files for alt.

I have used different folders on main/alt, so both had own logs, counters and such. They worked well until now. I re-installed Windows, (same old, just fresh install) Before that i made all personal EL files backups, including modified server.lst also. Now after installed EL (basic 1.93 client, same as before) and returned my backup files i can't log my alt anymore by using his own settings, but only by using main char login screen, which make alt actions saved on main folder, not main2 (alt's own folder) I can't either log to test server anymore. I used to have icons on desktop for all 3; main/main2/test but now only main work. Here is some screenshots to make things more clear:

my modified server.lst http://oi57.tinypic.com/3zwg5.jpg

This is old screen how i gone to test server, and i think alt used similar method, just "main2", placed instead "test" http://oi58.tinypic.com/29xvi83.jpg some Some reason same method not work anymore. (when i try to log test, or alt with alt settings login screen start load, but when loading bar is full, the login windown shutdown.)

And link to Burn's blog site, which i used originally by doing to separated stuff dor chars; http://life-is-eternal.blogspot.fi/search/label/GamePlay

I tried to fix problem 3 days, and i am out of ideas. :bangwall:

Can someone help me out of this stuck? :confused:

Edited by Littlebig

Just a thought, is the server list in the wrong place?

If it was wrong place, i could not log at all.

That you can log in only means that there is a valid servers.lst where the client expects it,

and not that it contains your modifications. And a re-install will place a standard, working, servers.lst in the right place.

(an invalid servers.lst, or no servers.lst at all, would mean the client wouldn't even start)

Make sure that the servers.lst in the main EL directory contains your modifications:

the servers.lst is used to determine what server to log into and what data directory to use...

(if you just backed up character data, and restored those, you'll be using the standard servers.lst file)

Don't keep any servers.lst in ./main, or any other subdirectory where characterdata are saved, they are useless (except perhaps as a kind of backup)

but could lead you to believe that everything "'should work".

Oh, and as an reminder:

using the servers.lst like this to separate the data for your different characters is an unofficial hack, so no official support is possible.

Edited by revi
correction

Modified server.list was in correct place C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands. And now i re-installed EL again, and i still cant log test server, with original server.list file. It does loading bar up, but shutdown loginpage.

Oh, and as an reminder:

using the servers.lst like this to separate the data for your different characters is an unofficial hack, so no official support is possible.

Its not really a hack, so long as you specify a separate "Config Dir", your client files related to the character will be kept separate.

Finally i managed to solve my problem, reason was corrupted/unmatching/whatever EL.INIs. on personal folders. What i can't understand is how it was both, test/alt EL.INIs, but not main, because i had all 3 on back up, but 2/3 not work afterwards. Anyway, now all work as should be, all personal settings and folders works again. ty all for help :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.