Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rider_of_Rohan

Higher level pots

I have just been thinking about when i want to start making eva/acc pots and was just wonder, is the time it take to get the fur worth the exp/profit your get? Bacause 4 racoon/skunk furs for acc/eva pots can take while to get. OR would it be more worth it just to buy the furs? Anyway i was just wondering seemed like a very time consuming potion imo.

perhaps if you have a friendly bot or a merchant in ida, buying these in trickles would lead to a nice amount of furs... if you are patient enough. Also, one of these books is (or used to be) ultra rare.

i've found it much more feasable to make up invis pots from snow lep furs (hunted yourself or donated by friends)

and antidote and true sights, which mostly take harvestables.

it's simply a PITA to hunt coon and skunk furs.

you can also make extracts :)

Hunting coon and skunk furs is indeed a royal PITA. However, sithicus' suggestion of arranging a bot to buy them for you isn't a bad idea. It is what I did with my bot. Set her to buy however many I thought I might need and just let it go. I'm sure the code for several bot programs would allow the bot to let you buy them for a better rate than the general public if you made such an arrangement with the bot owner.

Each person has their own technique of leveling. I'm at 82 pots, and I got there simply by constantly supplying my own, and those of my guildies, demands. Have snow lep furs? make em up into invis. Running low on antidotes and true sights? make some up. Keep vials turned into feasting pots to use to make other pots. (I've made all my own and several other people's fp's since I hit 45ish pots) Keep sr quantity up. Check on guildies/friends pot needs from time to time (I generally make pots up from ingreds provided or give a good deal to buddies) If I get bored, I'll throw in a batch of 100 each a/d/p/c pots. Make up random batches of manu and alch pots for guildy projects to lower fails. MAke up a k of fp's everytime you get low. Rinse and repeat. Happy potting!

1 arti nex wouldnt be a bad idea, to make your own Vials.

yup your right its not. vials are really easy to make... 1 FE and 2 qaurtz. actually I will be making 10k myself soon.

heh, whether it be for better or worse, I got all of craft 73 on vials alone. Thats 15k vials folks lol. The MP's I'd suggest making in batches of 50-100, otherwise you'll be stopping every other day to make more. Making your own vials will save you a TON of gc. (unless you have tons of gc and would rather spend gc than time)

Anyways, good luck!

heh, whether it be for better or worse, I got all of craft 73 on vials alone.

:D

As for skilling brute force in potions, I never liked TS potions etc... because they eat up so many resources their exp/time is not really much better than the old FP and SRS.

How many molds did you go through, Shallara?

Umm, I think 3 or 4? I had one last just over 12k vials. I cried when it broke. lol. The others nowhere near as much lol. Since astrology was implemented I've busted 4 or 5 alone.