Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kailomonkey

Remote Heal

I want to know if it is worth putting pp into rationality simply to help my peaceful healing of people at storages etc.

The cost has gone up by 30-40% and effectiveness for me (at 63:11 magLvl:rat) has gone down by 30-40%. Thats a pretty big knock for something that really has no benefit. So I'd like to know just how much rationaility I would have to add to double my healing power and return to normal HP efficiency :P

As for as I am now, it's just back to the oldskool. I will cope :D

Edited by kailomonkey

I hate complaining... but I happen to agree with you... although my effect didn't decrease, I was quite surprised to see the formula change... to something more costly of a spell that you (other than EXP) are not getting the effect for...

If the EXP was raised, or the mana was lowered, I would have been cool with it... but now, a newb will have more trouble leveling (we all know we remote healed for a LONG time at IP, at least those more "giving" players).

I have 629 Remote Heals on this counter(since May), I don't see it increasing much after this, least not for "sitting at beam" moments, even though I had not done it in a while (gawd those n00bs, -NOT NEWBS-, but n00bs just get on my nerves). Now I will have to bring more HEs... and I am just don't find it much worth it :P

Maybe Entropy wants more HEs used...?

Sorry if it sounds like a rant, I just thought I would add my thoughts about it.

On another note, I liked the other updates! Thanks for those who spent their time on it... I really appreciate the game whether a spell is edited to my disadvantage or not!

Edited by Lexi

It is a real pain to see cost go up and effect go down, 'tis true. But I have seen things worse for remote heal in my EL lifetime. I just have mage as my EL character, even if all it's used for is healing others. Maybe I wouldn't have been as devoted to being a Mage if I knew I had to strain for PPs towards it? Or maybe I would have not bought atleast one of my perks and a couple of nexuses, and very likely would not have spent on p/c. And maybe, just maybe, not that much has really changed :P I have heard alot of people say magic is hard to train, I guess because there is no gc in it to cover costs, so I enjoyed having the high HP cast we had worked for. Now perhaps it will be alittle harder for some, maybe even easier for others, since you don't need mag xp to buy rationality anymore... rah rah rabble rabble

Hmm... maybe the magic level is more dependent on the spell than rationality? Wouldn't be so bad then, if you make everything from raw yourself (like me) wont lose much if you level magic a few more level.

Would be nice to know the formula.. but there must be a reason it's unexposed.

I sympathize and agree with both Lexi and kailo, especially since remote heal is like giving to someone. I was slightly annoyed at the formula change because it makes that giving less effective and more expensive. Of course i'll deal and heal just as much as usual. But knowing how I can stack my attributes to make the effect increase would be very nice.

I have to agree. Today's update was a long list of \o/s for me, but this one threw me off. It seems as if it may have been implemented (and please correct me if I'm wrong) to deter people from using remote heal as a quick way to level magic. If this is the case, I have to wonder why this spell was chosen rather than cast shield, since that really is the quick and dirty method of leveling. The remote healers are a well-loved, but under-rewarded group and it would be a pity to see many of them decide that the cost outweighs the social/fun/exp benefits.

The mage/warlock warrior idea is fantastic, but perhaps there are other more self-serving spells that could have taken the grunt of the cost. Remote heal is an essential element of what many people love about the game: the community.

Thank you my beam healers and storage saviors! :D

Well put.

Another reason may be to ensure remote heal is not used as a replacement for restore, with the new reduced effects.

But if you look at it, the minimum amount a player will restore at is 62 HP (mag 21 requirement and rat 4 base) at a magic shop cost of 36gc. The remote heal is healing a maximum 24 for me and alot less for others, at a magic shop cost now of 38gc. To be fair, the ME is overpriced at NPC, but to yonger players this is where they will likely get them from.

Although I am trying not to complain as such, the above comparrison does show an unbalance. Infact, the greater cost and less effect is actually a benefit to me in some way. Since I do not cast the spell for xp or efficiency, but for a love of helping both in my RL character and as the peaceful elf healer ingame. Doubling the cost per HP given will simply make us in Star more appreciated ;)

Well not much more activity here, so I'll close by mentioning the general healer. The player that enjoys giving and now finds it being made harder. I have heard from such players a disappointment in the game's outlook, that it appears to value fighters over charity. Many regular players losing faith and interest in the game for its picking on the friendly healer.

A number will keep playing, but another number of good people might not. Ofcourse this is part and parcel of change, and there are good reasons for all changes. So the moral seems to be you can't please all the people all the time, but perhaps the potioning, alching, crafting, engineering, tailoring healer is one that needs to be nurtured.

Happy healing all, and more xp to all remote heal trainers :P now there will be more opportunities to cast to get those HP of others to max :D

Well not much more activity here, so I'll close by mentioning the general healer. The player that enjoys giving and now finds it being made harder. I have heard from such players a disappointment in the game's outlook, that it appears to value fighters over charity. Many regular players losing faith and interest in the game for its picking on the friendly healer.

A number will keep playing, but another number of good people might not. Ofcourse this is part and parcel of change, and there are good reasons for all changes. So the moral seems to be you can't please all the people all the time, but perhaps the potioning, alching, crafting, engineering, tailoring healer is one that needs to be nurtured.

Happy healing all, and more xp to all remote heal trainers :D now there will be more opportunities to cast to get those HP of others to max :D

I don't know for sure, but I think there changes have been made, because some players train with healing monsters to get better xp.

If I train chims and are lucky to get doubled or tripled and heal them, can I get up to 600k or more xp/hour, never killing them.

With lower emu and more ess needed,do I need to restock after shorter time.

And when I restock will they leave and I have to find them again.

So less xp for fighters.

I think it has nothing to do with healers who sit at storages healing people from poisoned toads. It's more expensive, I think you have to live with it.

If you make your own HE will you get more alc xp. :P