Eternal Lands Official Forums
TrueMen

what do i use my pickpoints on?

anyways i have 22 free pickpoints and don't know what to use them on i have 20/34/4/4/4/4 what should i get thanks for the help

ps sorry if i didn't post in the right place

At that point I'd suggest you to take some vit and reas, since they both are still at 4. P/c is pretty good for mobs you are training with that a/d.

At that point I'd suggest you to take some vit and reas, since they both are still at 4. P/c is pretty good for mobs you are training with that a/d.

so like 10 in each vit and reas?

beside korrodes fighting guide here in forum i use this one

http://el-wiki.net/Sufi's_Guide_to_the_Martial_Arts

The necessity for potting up for good exp is beyond belief.

Also, I'd trust Korrode's guide over this one simply because I've used his guide and korrode has done this himself.

His guide maximizes exp and minimalizes armor breaks. It's great. Use it.

beside korrodes fighting guide here in forum i use this one

http://el-wiki.net/Sufi's_Guide_to_the_Martial_Arts

The necessity for potting up for good exp is beyond belief.

Also, I'd trust Korrode's guide over this one simply because I've used his guide and korrode has done this himself.

His guide maximizes exp and minimalizes armor breaks. It's great. Use it.

With all due respect to Korrode... isn't this a Jack of All Trades thread? Not a A/D thread? I don't think his guide would work for an all rounder as much as it works for the fighting crowd

With all due respect to Korrode... isn't this a Jack of All Trades thread? Not a A/D thread? I don't think his guide would work for an all rounder as much as it works for the fighting crowd

Actually, despite my own diplomatic wording to respect that this is a Jack of All Trades thread ("In regards to combat training specifically..."), My guide really should apply just fine to an all-rounder. I don't go into perk selection (which is a key factor to differentiating "all-rounder" and "pure-fighter") and my opinion would be that an all-rounder chasing efficiency should still pick Vit over Will as the exp gain increase quickly becomes a meagre percentage. The reductions in armor breaks are probably more worthwhile, as it should allow you to spend more of your time levelling chosen mixing skills rather than doing more mundane but profitable tasks (such as harvesting) to replace broken gear.

The only deviations from my guide that an all-rounder should consider is taking slightly higher phys/coord than what i recommend, as some loss to a/d exp per hour may be considered acceptable in exchange for more EMU sooner.

For example, although in my guide it says 28/44 p/c for Feros, I recently advised someone who is an all-rounder and cared about their carry capacity that 36/48 p/c would still be ok for single spawn training.

thank you all so much for the help i now have 2 free pickpoints with 24/34/12/4/4/12

It looks like you went with reasoning. You have an acceptable carry capacity, so this is probably an acceptable time to try to max reasoning and will if you wanted to. Or just boost them like you just did with reasoning.

You may want to know the bonus you get from rationality for various skills.

rationality=(will+reason)/2

harvest exp rationality bonus = rationality

a/d exp rationality bonus = rationality/3

other skill rationality bonus = rationality/2

Although some fighters have some strange fear of being rational (and therefore don't like to take reason/will), since you posted in jack-of-all-trades, I don't think their fears have any meaning for this topic.

As for me, I have a funny character where I chose to take no p/c at all and try to max will and reason. It is hard without muscles. You have some now though, so you can decide when/if you max those and hopefully whatever decision you make works for you.

Do not max reasoning and will if you still want to fight. I have a 60s a/d char with both maxed and it's very useless for fighting anything. You will really need the PPs later on to spend on other attributes and the xp bonus from reasoning and will isn't so big for a fighter. (Think of it this way, you will need to have much higher a/d to train on a certain mob then =>you'll actually get less xp than if you'd spent in inst or p/c).

Even if right now your p/c is high enough keep in mind you'll need to increase it pretty much when you reach fluffs and feros and even more when you reach chims(and then you'll need instinct too). If you want to be stuck on fluffs or feros at 140 a/d you can max your reasoning and will now though.

As for SOME will, heck not maxed but i'm talking about 12-20, it can be useful especially for an allrounder but I'm pretty biased since I'm one of the few fighters with any will and no vitality. However will is expensive to remove so you should think twice and probably just stick to vitality instead.

Judging by his stats Mcb is mostly a fighter though so vitality should a good choice.

Edited by FeLkkU

Ummm nathan... I really hope you don't give such advice to newbies in your guild. Max. r/w build is only good for mages, mixers and allrounders if they already have decent i/v (for mixers/allrounders only if p/c is already maxed).

For fighters (as mcb seems to be pure fighter), Korrode's combat guide is the best and easiest way to lvl a/d. Of course when you have more experience of the game and understand how attributes work, you can start thinking the attribute settings more "with your own brain".

Even if you are allrounder, it's not smart to max r/w. If you do even a little of fighting, at some point you need to have higher p/c and some i/v too. Will isn't that bad for allrounders (it's not that bad even for fighters imo, but anyway...) but just don't start maxing r/w until you have at least decent i/v too.

What comes to nathan's statement about fighters not wanting to be "rational"... Just point me one pure fighter over 120's a/d that doesn't have any reas. I don't understand where did you make that up.

Edit: And of course if you have all other attributes maxed, will is good to have :P

Edited by Miiks

Mcb whether you're an all-rounder, a pure fighter, or even a pure mixer the advice nathanstenzel has just given is not well thought through and appears to lack the backing of logical thought and experience.

My advice would be to pay it no mind.

edit:

Also, his assertions that fighters take no Reasoning is completely ill-informed.

With the exception of a small few on very specific def builds, all fighters take reasoning.

Edited by Korrode

The guy can do whatever the hell he wants. I was not saying to max r/w immediately or even at all. I was saying that if he wanted to boost it some or max it, it would not hurt his build as much for an all-arounder as it would if he had low emu capacity.

Just learn to read and stop immediately bashing everything I say.

Also, by saying that fighters have a fear of being rational (I often hear from fighters that will is a waste), I was also saying that fighters would advise against getting too much rationality. I suppose you didn't pick up on that.

Btw....

Edited by nathanstenzel

LOL! Good discussion and I think you got some good advice from the fighters. I am a jack-of-all-trades myself, so have some things built different.

As you continue to build your character you want to have a goal in mind, and you can put pp where needed as you go. If you know what you want.

If you plan on PKing, then you'll want to put pp into reasoning (perception and spell casting) and vitality (toughness and mana).

I don't PK, therefore I chose to put pp into Will (only 20, not maxed... yet). I get life, mana and spell casting power. Granted, i can't see worth beans in the dark, but I can fight everything I want for a/d training, and I have good life and mana levels.

(I consider any extra xp i get from reasoning or will as just a little extra bonus, and don't consider the xp factor into my choice for picking either one.)

Not sure if this helps at all, but good luck with your gaming.

- Jeff

The guy can do whatever the hell he wants. I was not saying to max r/w immediately or even at all. I was saying that if he wanted to boost it some or max it, it would not hurt his build as much for an all-arounder as it would if he had low emu capacity.

Well then you need to use your words better next time kk.

Just learn to read and stop immediately bashing everything I say.

Also, by saying that fighters have a fear of being rational (I often hear from fighters that will is a waste), I was also saying that fighters would advise against getting too much rationality. I suppose you didn't pick up on that.

I read just fine, and I 'pick up on' everything. Your exact words are:

Although some fighters have some strange fear of being rational (and therefore don't like to take reason/will)

Please show me were you don't say that fighters "don't like to take reason".

Btw....

Maybe you're the one who needs to "learn to read", since I already responded to that exact point.

At least respond to my already posted rebut with actual counter-arguments, rather than just quoting the original point 'against' me. You know, the way intelligent adults debate... unless like a child gleaming over a superman poster you believe that a "Moderator" title under a name equates to a person automatically being right about everything always? :rolleyes:

(@Ghrae: No offence intended to you personally)

The main difference I see between fighter/mixer builds is that pure mixers tend to add coordination/physique too quickly because the high EMU can be attractive. Some even have higher physique than coordination. But if you're an all rounder, you want to be able to do many skills so you need to find a compromise because after you reach a certain overall, it'll be very hard to get ppts so use a CoL instead of blindly adding will for HP. Use armor while harvesting. Titanium set fully blocks cavern collapse and radon pouches.

I'm an all rounder, 90s harvesting, 86 crafting, 103 alch , 140 a/d with 20 nexus points but I still found a good compromise in terms of pickpoint placement. It's not that hard to be an all rounder.

Edited by hussam