Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ghrae

Mixers :: Scholar's Day and Joule Day

Scholar's day  

116 members have voted

1. 1. On Scholar's day, I...

• ... make low level items / ingredients for later use
    • ... make high level items - I'm xp greedy!
    • ... make whatever I can get my grubby little hands on - it all adds up
  2. 2. On Joule day, I...

• ... make low level items / ingredients for later use
    • ... make high level items - Fast XP!
    • ... make whatever I can get my grubby little hands on - it all adds up

Two of the best days for mixers: Scholar's Day (extra experience per mix) and Joule Day (less food required to mix).

The real question is how do you use these days?

For example:

- Do you make high end items on Scholar's Day because you feel the extra experience is more noticeable?

- Do you mix only low end items on Joule Day because you can race through large batches while using very little if any food?

I do have a poll, but I think the community would benefit more from your personal comments on how to make the best of those special #days.

Edited by Ghrae

On Scholar's Day I try to maximize experience, on Joule's Day production

So at the current stage (level 40) I would go for titanium bars on Scholar's and for fire essences on Joule's

On Joule Day, I generally start with the thing that require odd # amounts of food, like Matter Essences (5) because you end up with a "freebie". But inevitably end up doing FE for the last bit :bangwall:

On Scholar's Day, I don't think I do anything extremely different from usual, other than I cast magic quite a bit more.

btw have Def, Magic and Manuing Gods.

I used to make FE on Joule day and clear out my inventory as best I could on Scholar's day. Lately, though, I've been trying to mix the high-food essences and bars on Joule. Scholar's day hasn't really changed because I don't tend to keep enough ingredients for the truly high-end items in storage. Even if I did, I'm not sure the high-end items would be my goal, but rather something I can get constant xp on; if that happens to be a high-end item, all the better.

Edited by Lyeowar

On Scholar's Day do I mix the items that give most experience in the skill I want to level atm - engeneering and tailoring.

On Joule Day do I mix what require a lot of food - usually pota or crafting.

And out of ingreds for it do I mix FE or thread.

On Scholars, I get as much exp in my favourite skill (currently summoning) - so I tend to mix higher end stones, and blast my way through all the gyp sitting in store.

Joule day - fe all the way - as much low end stuff as possible.

The one you should add is day of recycling..... Now here is where you mix the high end stuff and hope to get lucky!

p.s. Not voted as the options make no sense!

Edited by Raz

On Joule day I had been making whatever I had ingredients for - emphasizing stuff that takes an insane amount of food like crafting (polishing gems and making teleport rings). I now have about 6 hours worth of ingredients stocked up for low-end items that I need in huge amounts . . . hoping for a joule day soon that I can be online for.

On exp bonus day I do try to focus on high exp items but if I'm close to a level in one skill I'll look for items in that skill first.

I've tried that idea for day of recycling - making items that use ingredients that are annoying or expensive to make/buy but usually I don't have enough ingredients onhand to make many of them so I wind up saving ingredients on FE or whatever.

Didnt vote but both days are similar for me and dont fit the choices given :bangwall:

If I have time to pay attention, I make high level items. Currently I have tons of ingredients for shroom extracts ready to burn in potion school.

If I have less time I harvest dung on sholars day and make fe/we/thread on Joule day. Which one depends on ingreds and also a bit on astro (an extra efe is always nice).

On Scholar's day I mainly focus on my favorite skills if I have ingredients. But then there are those scholar's days where I use it to get a nice boost on my more neglected skills like summoning. So basically, it's whatever I feel like doing at the moment.

Joule day is a totally different story. I mix high food use items like crafting and merc extraction, then potions, then esses. As I run out of harvested materials for each skill, I'll move down the list till I'm mixing fes or wes.

last scholars day i was mixing bear stones like mad since i wasnt able to make tigers yet xD

anyway now if there was a scholar day i would go make some k's of tigers at once, great exp :evilgrin:

and same for joule day, since tigers need 30 food its a real blast when its only half of it xD

I tend towards option 3 on both counts, as what I'm mixing usually always depends on either 1, what I need, or 2, what I have ings for. In general, if any of these days pop up, I tend to just mix the hell out of everything possible in my storage.. lol.

voted 3 on both.

If its mixable it gets mixed...when i dont have anything to mix on those days i tend to throw a tantrum and :confused: then look for a spawn praying that everyone is too busy mixing thier storages dry :P