Eternal Lands Official Forums
Rabbitman

Rabbitman's Attribute Guide for 'Rounders Who Want to Tank

Rabbitman’s Attribute Guide for ‘Rounders Who Want to Tank

I get asked fairly often how people can optimize their individual build for fighting with the number of pick points they have available. I decided to make this guide as a baseline for those who would like to have 30 pp in nexus without buying any hydro nexus OR taking many negative perks. Here is a quick goal of what we are going for:

Attributes:

p/c/r/w/i/v 48/48/20/32/4/4

Nexus:

h/a/v/i/a/m 7/0/6/6/6/5

Perks:

Power Hungry

Scotty Died

I Can't Dance

Collateral Damage

Overall Level: 150

With this build you will be able to tank or participate in any instance in game once you get some experience working with it. You will also be able to harvest/mix anything in game (minus nv/saving stone and summoning items…if you want to summon and not do crafting can take 5 animal nexus instead of 5 magic).

This next section will break down how I would go about building a new character as a rounder and instance. The recommended mixing skills are there to help meet the OA level recommendation. If you want to have more nexus than recommended at any level, that is fine but it would be best if you would grind some more OA levels with harvest/mixing so that you could still have the attributes as listed at each stage.

Your First Instance (60-80)

Note: This build has not been tested tanking the 60-80 instance, but from my experiences with other builds and accounts it should be ok once you know how to fight.

Attributes:

p/c/r/w/i/v 32/32/8/32/4/4

Nexus:

h/a/v/i/a/m 7/0/0/4/0/0

Perks:

Power Hungry

Scotty Died

Skills:

Oa* 85

Att 70

Def 70

Mag 49+

Alch 60+

Harv 40+

*Ideally OA would be 101 for: 32/48/8/32/4/4

Your Second Instance (80-100)

Note: This build has not been tested tanking the 80-100 instance, but from my experiences with other builds and accounts it should be ok once you know how to fight.

Attributes:

p/c/r/w/i/v 32/40/8/32/4/4

Nexus:

h/a/v/i/a/m 7/0/4/4/0/0

Perks:

Power Hungry

Scotty Died

Collateral Damage

Skills:

Oa* 104

Att 90

Def 90

Mag 55+

Alch 60+

Harv 60+

*Ideally OA would be 116 for: 36/48/8/32/4/4

Your Third Instance (100-120)

Note: This build has not been tested tanking the 100-120 instance, but from my experiences with other builds and accounts it should be ok once you know how to fight.

Attributes:

p/c/r/w/i/v 48/48/8**/32/4/4

Nexus:

h/a/v/i/a/m 7/0/5/6/0/0

Perks:

Power Hungry

Scotty Died

Collateral Damage

I Can't Dance***

Skills:

Oa* 126

Att 110

Def 110

Mag 60+

Alch 70+

Harv 70+

*Ideally OA would be 134 for: 48/48/16/32/4/4

**The 8 reasoning will hurt in this instance. At approximately 20-24 reasoning you will be much better at hitting arctic chimerans, cockatrice, and cocorals in a team. However, this guide is about being able to tank these mobs, so being able to hit them isn’t really as important.

***The reason we take I Can’t Dance here is because at this point you will stop dodging mobs well anyway, so having 2 on you won’t make too much difference.

For Pr0, Pr0 who want to farm, and WTF Instances

Attributes:

p/c/r/w/i/v 48/48/20/32/4/4

Nexus:

h/a/v/i/a/m 7/0/6/6/6/0

Perks:

Power Hungry

Scotty Died

Collateral Damage

I Can't Dance

Skills:

Oa* 145

Att 130

Def 130

Mag 70+

Alch 70+

Harv 70+

*Ideally OA would be 150 to get our 30 nexus :)

Where to go from here:

From this point on I would recommend adding to will until it is maxed, and removing I Can’t Dance when you can. Then put the remainder of pick points into reasoning. Once you get to L179 overall, you could have a build like this:

Attributes:

p/c/r/w/i/v 48/48/28/48/4/4

Nexus:

h/a/v/i/a/m 7/0/6/6/6/5

Perks:

Power Hungry

Scotty Died

Collateral Damage

Hope this helps, comments would be appreciated.

RM

Edited by Rabbitman

I tested the build in 100-120. I was 48/48/4/32 p/c/r/w and tanked it with ease

I also want to throw this in there. The low reasoning in 100120 is OK for hitting with rad rapier on ACW and Cockatrice as long as 3-4+ are on. I would put more focus on getting higher will if possible for Mana purposes. A lot of deaths in instances are caused by people flee'ing when a tank has to remana. Reducing that with a higher mana pool is always helpful. 48 will with a RDHOLAM and blue drag greaves gives 251 mana equating to 10 restores. That is a very good pool to have and provides plenty of cooldown time for sr or emp for emergency purposes.

I tanked 100120 with the stats above, but I also tanked the 120140 with 40/48/4/48 for a long time and had no issues at all. At max, I used 8 emp's, but I averaged 5 emp a run.

Edited by InfectioN

True, if you don't mind not hitting at all moving the extra 16 reasoning to make will 48 will make you a better tank. This would make the 120-140 build: 48/48/4/48/4/4. Main reason I kept the reasoning in the build instead of more will was to be able to hit the acs/yeti better on the first wave since the team doesn't typically have a designated tank on that wave.

Oh and the +40 health from the last 16 will doesn't make much of a difference if you can't restore over ~350 anyway, so difference between 20 reason and 48 will here is pretty much do you want to hit acs and have a smaller mana pool or vice versa.

Edited by Rabbitman

The only positive I see to more health is more of a chance from a crit to be able to use a GHP and gain the full restore. If that makes any sense.

More HP can help to get your max restore at an earlier HP level...like you can restore at 170 hp with 250 max restore....so you can avoid dying by double hit or slowness...its give a bit more safety.

Btw seems like you both dont like eva and nmt/mirror perks. For a pure tank with mana build they might help a lot...you wont get hit 20% of the time compared to mostly every time against most monsters in that instances.

I had eva perk. I also experimented with mirror/nmt perks and decided that the extra "mirror" saved me a total of 3 emp's and maybe 60 he/15 sr. So my opinion, get eva and forget mirror for 100120 and 120140.

Eva is nice but unnecessary. If you have extra pp after getting the recommended build you can take it and it will be helpful. But remember this was planned out for a character with 30 nexus from oa level.

The main advantage to a build like this is that you are only putting attributes in 4 locations instead of 5. If you were going for an i/v build with the same number of pp you would get something like: 48/48/20/4/20/16

That build doesn't give enough mana to tank high level creatures without dodges nor enough instinct to dodge high level creatures. The five attribute build just doesn't work with as few pp as are available to a rounder.