Eternal Lands Official Forums
handyman

Your views on how to promote the pk server and what would you change

You can't possibly promote a PK server when there is NO PK! why do you think half the people left...

Actually, there was a lot of PKing going on the first few weeks of the server. The reason many people left in those early days is because:

1. It was to much work to start over from zero on a new character, so many went back to their already leveled char on main.

2. Some thought they could own the server in a week, and discovered that others thought that too and it would take real work over months to attain a position of power. Basically, to much work, so they went back to their already leveled char on main.

3. And a few missed their high-end toys which weren't going to be available for a long time (as people leveled manu) and went back to their already equipped char on main.

As to whining, there's been more than enough to go around. People like me whine about trying to keep the server fun for everyone (not just the top PKers). People like you whine because you have a narrow view of what PK means and the server wasn't fitting it. Weak people whine because they always got killed while harvesting. Strong people whine because they couldn't find anyone to PK, or there were no decent drops. Other people whine because there aren't enough people on the server. And the rest whine just because they like whining.

Perhaps we should rename it to the whine-server.

Bottom line is that I have more respect for those who have stuck with the server (or took a break and returned) than those that quit and now just whine about it.

Thus endeth my whine du-jour.

no, naming it the "PK" server currently is false advertising.. a much better fitting name: no cooldown mixing server.

tell me bkc, what does the words Player Killing (PK) mean to you? and then tell me, what the server is currently doing?

Bigkav do you have any other orifice other than your ass to talk out of

I PKed many drops with woodeh / santaclaus etc

That says it all using someone elses char

So you don't know sod all about leveling your own char on this server and instead your posts don't help this server you just come over here and run your mouth off because most players on main wont even give you the time of day

There was a time a so called alliance took control of this server which didn't really help the PK side of things but most got board and moved onto other games.

So now the players that are left and the new ones that have joined are looking for ways to bring pk back to this server and to keep a steady flow of new players coming in.

So most of what you post is about people that did play this server that don't play anymore

Sorry Bigkav (that name says it all to) It not about you or about the fact someone is given you some attention. It about ways to help this server

so if you do want to post again try to find another orifice and make it a positive post thanks

Handy

Now that is out of the way back to the server

I am personally reading all your posts and can understand your points

Korrode: I know you no about the concept of PK and its strategy's and you do have a point

A game where you don't have to put much work into to get to a level where you can spend all day pking would be great and would attracted many players. But would that be Eternal lands.

The EL pk server was dreamed up buy all those that loved to pk in eternal lands that thought they missed the old ways.

Mixers love it over here because of no cool-downs on food . all i am asking for it to put cool-down back on pots and rings to give pk a chance and to open our doors. That way we can still be Eternal lands and have best of both worlds, and why not if it would help the server? What has this server got to loose?

From the point of view of someone who hasn't tried PK server, why would I want to move to a new server and start all over from scratch on my skills?

Don't move but try it out and still play the main server see for yourself a lot of players have played both server at the same time.

Eternal lands & Eternal lands pk

Eternal lands is a safe server with a small percentage of pk area's. The game has strict rules and is moderated with the availability to buy a lot of stuff from the on line shop

Eternal lands Pk Is a more care free server 90% of the areas are pk. The game has no real moderating and because of this most things go on this server because it a pking server mixing and char building is easier you don't have access to all the shop bought items and multi play is allowed.

Handy

Edited by handyman

So you don't know sod all about leveling your own char on this server and instead your posts don't help this server you just come over here and run your mouth off because most players on main wont even give you the time of day

There was a time a so called alliance took control of this server which didn't really help the PK side of things but most got board and moved onto other games.

So now the players that are left and the new ones that have joined are looking for ways to bring pk back to this server and to keep a steady flow of new players coming in.

So most of what you post is about people that did play this server that don't play anymore

Sorry Bigkav (that name says it all to) It not about you or about the fact someone is given you some attention. It about ways to help this server

so if you do want to post again try to find another orifice and make it a positive post thanks

Handy

Lol, don't even try telling me about leveling. I've leveled more chars past 90s-100s then you've owned. That was on MAIN server btw, where leveling is HARDER. As for main server, I rarely ever log in.. just to PK / chat / help friends.

and that so called alliance, REMOVED PK from the so called "PK server".. you focused to kill 1-2 players(out of that outstandingly high population), the rest were ALLIED LOL. You obviously don't know jack shit about what chars I've had on either server.

It's time to face the facts, the "PK" server isn't going to get any kind of influx of players because let's face it, theres no PK, community rules (LOL), and a server that's barely surviving which gives little to no income..

No Income = No Priority = "PK" Server.

You won't get a steady flow of players, you won't be able to get the server help putting money into ent's back pocket.

As negative as it seems, it's EL. Someone with your playtime should know better by now.

(Disclaimer: Again not intended as a flame as it may be perceived as such, but more of a realization)

Handy

Lol, don't even try telling me about leveling. I've leveled more chars past 90s-100s then you've owned. That was on MAIN server btw, where leveling is HARDER. As for main server, I rarely ever log in.. just to PK / chat / help friends.

and that so called alliance, REMOVED PK from the so called "PK server".. you focused to kill 1-2 players(out of that outstandingly high population), the rest were ALLIED LOL. You obviously don't know jack shit about what chars I've had on either server.

It's time to face the facts, the "PK" server isn't going to get any kind of influx of players because let's face it, theres no PK, community rules (LOL), and a server that's barely surviving which gives little to no income..

No Income = No Priority = "PK" Server.

You won't get a steady flow of players, you won't be able to get the server help putting money into ent's back pocket.

As negative as it seems, it's EL. Someone with your playtime should know better by now.

(Disclaimer: Again not intended as a flame as it may be perceived as such, but more of a realization)

Did you even read my post because if this is a response to it it does not make sence unless you are saying you agree with me on some of its points and by the way no one cares what chars you have had or leveled. Like i said this is not about you its about the pk server TuT. I never even heard of you before you started posting on this forum i guess you must be a new boy over there not many of the originals left its been nearly 4 years since i played the main server

Now enough flame and back to the topic pls

Handy

Edited by handyman

Please help me out here:

There are pk-areas on main, where you can pk within main-setting. (cooldown, free accounts, fast "buy-a-strong-char"-leveling and yes, also many players).

Why have an extra server for this? (especially when you have to delete the alternative setting given on the pkserver)

Why make the server just something like a separated main-pk-area?

+

Why don't all people that quit come back at once? That would mean enough players (and pking since many of those are obviously people wanting to pk badly) AND since there would be a majority of those people, I'm sure the setting could be adjusted democratically (we had things like this before).

So: Fix a week or day and come back :P

tell me bkc, what does the words Player Killing (PK) mean to you? and then tell me, what the server is currently doing?

That's a hard one because I don't PK. I don't have the skills or focus or coordination for it. I have no decent PK experience. Anytime I'm attacked I usually panic, hit the wrong keys, and die.

What I can say about PK is that I'm impressed by an individual (or group) who is skilled at using the various tools available (magic, weapons, pots, summoning, etc) to fight a battle against an equal or harder opponent and win. This can be in open combat or as an arranged battle or contest.

On the other hand, I have no respect for a self-proclaimed PKer who's primary battles involve killing afk harvesters in caves. I guess I prefer honorable battles (even if they target me) than gutless cowards sneaking around and attacking while I read my e-mail. :P

As to PK on the PK server, there's very little right now. It seems like the honorable PKers found little challenge with the low population and the server characteristics (like cooldown), and the cowards got bored and left (no challenge in killing afk harvesters). And anyone else was to lazy to level their characters to a point of taking on the strong players on the server (and there are several).

I wish there was more PK activity on the server. Being a member of a supplier guild (my grand experiment that I was completely open about on day 1), things are kind of slow with no one buying supplies. Of course that does give me time to work on tailoring.

Edit (because there were a number of posts while I was watching tv)...

...because let's face it, theres no PK, community rules (LOL)..

This comment makes me thing you may not have actually read the community rules. The only PK situation addressed by those rules is to not PK during invasions (so everyone can participate and have fun). Say what you will, but a couple hours every week or two of not PKing newbs did not kill the server. :D

Edited by bkc56

Please help me out here:

There are pk-areas on main, where you can pk within main-setting. (cooldown, free accounts, fast "buy-a-strong-char"-leveling and yes, also many players).

Why have an extra server for this? (especially when you have to delete the alternative setting given on the pkserver)

Why make the server just something like a separated main-pk-area?

+

Why don't all people that quit come back at once? That would mean enough players (and pking since many of those are obviously people wanting to pk badly) AND since there would be a majority of those people, I'm sure the setting could be adjusted democratically (we had things like this before).

So: Fix a week or day and come back :P

This is a point, to play on the pk server you need to adjust the link to get on to it.

Ok we have our own forum but when you down/load the game cant a box be made where you can click Eternal lands or Eternal lands Pk.

And why do we call the other server the mains server why are they not promoted equaly. That way new players coming to eternal land could choose and we would not have to use the so called mains server for our new player base.

Some free games have over 50 servers out there opening the access (makin it free) and promoting two has to be better than just the one

Handy

I would actually like to have a char on the PK server as well as on the main, I like the idea also of being able to multi play chars. Unfortunaltely my RL husband would never allow me to spend $$ on "a game" and its just not worth having a domestic over it lol. So if and when it ever becomes free you will see me there :(

Korrode: I know you no about the concept of PK and its strategy's and you do have a point

A game where you don't have to put much work into to get to a level where you can spend all day pking would be great and would attracted many players. But would that be Eternal lands.

The EL pk server was dreamed up buy all those that loved to pk in eternal lands that thought they missed the old ways.

The "old ways" of EL didn't have much of the problems i listed earlier. There was no pickpoint buying, there was no extremely expensive gear, etc.

So you can't claim that the current PK server is equivalent or even reminiscent of "old ways" of EL.

Anyways, i've said my bit and made my comments on what i believe is holding back the server from increasing in population, if Radu and some of you think i'm wrong, well it's certainly no skin off my nose for the PK server to continue to sit there with hardly any people on it.

Hope you all find some way to get a decent population on your server whilst staying within your box of "making sure it's still EL", but don't get your hopes up.

@Starlite

You do realise it's a once-off $5, that's it.

Well i'm sure there's some naughty forum out there somewhere packed full of ebul people who have gc->$ skill levelled to 178 and can magically make main server 40kgc = PK server account :>

...or maybe Handy/Bkc will get an account u can have ^^

Lost cause, the players obviously don't listen. read through my comments, ignore the bs and get the message. bb thread

@bigkav: that looks like an advice to you lol. Read through the topic: Your views how to PROMOTE the server, not to whine how bad it is. Read through the posts - see how many suggestions we gave? uhuh. Ignore the BS: that's what I did to your posts :( You didn't give any suggestions on how to promote the server, or at the very least what to change. You whine about community - how should it change? No more alliance you say? There's no more alliance. Handy's guild, MAD, Spam, some others that I don't know the tags etc. Spam is allied to most of them because they're suppliers - we can't kill those who give us food, now can we. Simply politics. As for other guilds, MAD for example, as I said before, has only green tags for friends, but they're not allied. We can attack them anytime we want. I believe most of the other guilds have done the same.

As for no-pk on the server, think about when people fight and one of them flees situations. They're not announced on Ch 6.

The PK server is named like this not because you are obliged to PK everyone and everywhere, and they're supposed to fight back. No, it's named like this because most of the maps are PK. The name tells you nothing on your style of play. Again, if it was named PvP, and main was named PvE, it could attract more players. But then it should be made free with no multi allowed. Just an idea, think about it.

The so-called PKers should change their attitudes towards the server, seriously.

P.S. +1 bkc. A big one.

hahahaha. enjoy the mixing server while you can, on that note you need to realize that the "PK" server isn't getting any better.. it's gotten worse.

simple example: look at the players.

you want something to help the pk server? here: Move back to the main server and play somewhere that at least has some population.

also @ dht: again, you like the rest of them went straight ahead and didn't get the message. seeing as you all are so.. well.. knowingly and such i'll spell it out for you.

The PK server gets little to no income, the player base is incredibly low for a MMORPG, there is RARELY any PK. On a server like this, you need more enemies than allies to actually get more than just organized call outs and what not. What kind of a trophy is it being the strongest char out of 10 people? or being labeled the best PKer on the server when there's only n00bs to compare to? I could go on all day about it, but in the end there's more negatives than positives about the server, and no matter how much you change it, it will stay like that.

Edited by bigkav

The captivity of negativity.

First off, we didn't start playing on PK server because OMG there are more than 20 regular players on main!!!1 We did because we liked the concept, we stayed because we still do and we care about making it even better (*khem* points fingers at those who should too). The server gets little income because there is a small playerbase. It will produce more revenue when the playerbase increases, as well as more posibilities of gameplay. On the same note, the people concerned about the income from the server should as well be concerned about increasing it (*khem* points again). Furthermore, personally I don't play to be best in something, and if I was, I wouldn't play on main because there's no chance a new player can become best or at least near that unless s/he grinds for 3 years non-stop. And your advice doesn't mean shit to me, no offense lol.

P.S. EL in general has a small playerbase for a MMORPG.

P.S.S. RTFT

He is obviously not getting the point here, we can better discuss things ingame :(

Such awesome logic.

Discuss it in-game, where only the opinions of those who already play the server will be heard.

Why change it all the time ?Its not Like No-Cooldown will attract 100s of players

Just keep it as is...

PKserver is doing fine...

All these well intended threads get spammed by BS from people not playing on the server anyhows...

We can better just Lock all these threads n discuss ingame

Edited by RotationZ

Hi

Ok this is a summary of most of the posts in this thread

The main reason why the Pk server’s population is low is because we rely on getting players from the main server to improve the pk servers player base .

The reasons why this is not working

1: Its not a free server

2: There is no Pking on the pk server

3: I don’t want to start from scratch with a new char when I have worked on building this one on the main server

4: How do you get onto the pk server there is not link to it

So why not Bring the Pk server out into the open?

1: Make it free

2: Look at the tweaks to increase pking (cool-down on pots and rings but still keep no cooldown on food)

3: Don’t rely on the main server as the target for a new player base. Promote the pk server along side the mains server and give new players the choice Eternal lands & Eternal lands Pk.

4: Make the access easier click on the EL link and have 2 buttons Eternal lands & Eternal lands Pk

This would defiantly make a difference over here and would give new players a choice from

Eternal lands: A server with rules and moderator's not many pk areas (cool down on food, mini events, safe to roam around, no multi play e.t.c)

Eternal lands Pk: A server with very little rules and pretty much un-moderated 90% pk areas (no cool down on food, no mini events, multi play is ok, most of the land is pk)

This way old and new players could choose which way the want to play

By promoting 2 servers with 2 different ways to play the same game wouldn't this help Ent to by some more bricks for his castle and help to get EL back up there at the top of those websites like it used to be.

name='DHT' date='Jan 14 2010, 10:06 AM' post='523846']

You forgot to mention some other things, like removing BoD, BroD, Dragon armors, etc.

I didnt mention

Mainly because this subject has been an on going one even before the Pk server was started and ENT has made himself clear on this many times before.

Although i do agree and I would rather play the game without these things in it. I am trying to high lite suggestions where we would even stand a chance of getting some change.

Ent is not about to re write the game

Bigkav why are you even posting here you have said you are not interested in this server and you only logg on the the main server occasionally. Don't you have any life at all. you seem to be using this thread to boost your ego when really you are just making a fool out of your-self. I really do feel sorry for you.

Korrode

(ProHibited @ Jan 14 2010, 03:22 AM) post_snapback.gifHe is obviously not getting the point here, we can better discuss things in game :)
Such awesome logic.

Discuss it in-game, where only the opinions of those who already play the server will be heard

I agree with you there is no point in talking about it just in game and all points non players make are valid.

But when you get people like bigkav that don't give a sh1t about the server and only posts here because he has no real life. It does make some players that stuck by the server think what is the point.

The so call alliance that did dominate this server got bored and moved on and this server is ready for these changes

Your idea's that you posted would probably make an awesome game. But we both know that wont happen so some of use are just trying to come up with things that would help.

People like bigkav don't help because they are only here for their own entertainment.

Handy

You forgot to mention some other things, like removing BoD, BroD, Dragon armors, etc.

Finally some common sense.. took you long enough :)

If you would actually read my posts instead of posting BS all the time you would notice I mentioned these things long ago.

@talking in game idea: that's actually a kind of a promotion :D join PK server so we could discuss all the stuff mentioned here :P pity it won't work tho