Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CHOPPER

game not working

Guest CHOPPER

Hello, CHOPPER here again, my computer is windows 10 HOME, All drivers are up to date It has automatic updates turned on, I downloaded the game from eternal lands .com full version, When I try to log into game a screen comes on saying client stopped and closes, I tried going into settings first and set poorman on but the same happens, If I am not banned what should I try next please,

From CHOPPER

First question: you do see a message that you are connected to the server?

That would be a green line with "Welcome to the new server".

If you are by any chance on a banned IP, you'd still see this message afaik,

but there will be a red text before it telling you your IP is banned.

Second question: do you have anything in your log files?

there should be a file "chat_log.txt" or "chat_log_201701.txt", which will have lines beginning

with "log started at..." Posting the lines from the last occurrence of "Log started at" to

the next "Welcome to the new server" (or more, if there is more) could help.

Sorry, I can't tell you exactly where that file would be (but I'm sure there are windows users

out here that can tell you).

Guest CHOPPER

Hello CHOPPER here again, thank you everyone for helping me, I found out that the best driver software for my device is installed, intel ® Graphics media accelerator 3150 (Microsoft corporation WDDM1.0), I do not have any chat logs because I only just installed the game on my new computer, If there is some chat log I can not find it in the game files (I might not know how to find them), Is there anything else I can say or do to help please, thank you from CHOPPER

Hello CHOPPER here again, thank you everyone for helping me, I found out that the best driver software for my device is installed, intel ® Graphics media accelerator 3150 (Microsoft corporation WDDM1.0), I do not have any chat logs because I only just installed the game on my new computer, If there is some chat log I can not find it in the game files (I might not know how to find them), Is there anything else I can say or do to help please, thank you from CHOPPER

Funny, according to Intel, those drivers don't exist for Windows 10 (and release dates in 2010 support that)... What that probably means is that Microsoft has taken the old drivers they had lying around and adapted them for Windows 10. That means they have a cheap solution, and you miss out on all new functionality that the newer Intel drivers offer.

In your earlier thread, I saw that you have automatic updates on. The problem is probably right there: that function downloads drivers from Microsoft, which are often not the latest compared to what Intel can offer (look above...).

Get as much information about your system as possible and have a look

here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ (there you can select your driver)

or

here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html?iid=dc_iduu (utility to select a driver for you, no idea how reliable that is)

Another point: DON'T make a new thread to continue a subject, use the existing one. It makes it a lot easier for those trying to help to find information you posted earlier (just scrolling back up, instead of having to go and find that other thread, to open in a second tab). Again, you want something from us, not the other way around...

(As you can see, I moved your latest post and my reply to the original thread)

Edited by revi

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this