Eternal Lands Official Forums
Panatella

EL - Time Applet (shows Day/Time)

Facts:

OS Linux Mint Mate 13 (based on Ubuntu Precise)

Using EL Time App Indicator 0.6.2 from Paul B

Problems:

1. Since 2 days the Time and #Day is wrong
  2. I want to install the latest version of the App (0.6.6) but I can't find a .deb for 64 bits and synaptic doesnt include this app

Questions:

1. If the Applet is taking the informations about Time/#Day from the Bot Trinity, is there maybe a problem with the Bot ?
  2. How can I simply update my courrent Applet version to the last version ? (without compiling things and 100 other command lines)

Thanks in advance for answers and/or tipps :)

Lillaka

Princess of Noobness in Linux

Daughter of Sir ROM Megahertz 32 bits segmentation of the baron Fault-In 333 Bus

I don't use Mint, but I use Ubuntu 13.04. You seem to be adding the indicator "by hand" through a .deb. It would be better to add the Paul Broadhead ppa for EL at: https://launchpad.net/~pjbroad/+archive/ppa

To do this you open a terminal and type the following commands: (You will need to enter your su password after the first command)

sudo add-apt-repository --yes ppa:pjbroad/ppa

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

This should update the indicator to the latest version (IF there is one). Plus, whenever a newer version comes out the normal update process will find this and update automatically like it does all other software in the future.

---------------------------

p.s.

I think .deb s install software where it should go like synaptic would do. (not sure). So, you have the EL indicator is already installed (just not a updated version) and there is no need for a fourth command above to install.

Damn it seems I used an "old" version of the repos... I found the deb file for my Ubuntu Version and all work very well now.

Also, Trinity Bot is again up.

Thanks for all your Forum PM/Ingame PM/tropa and zootnerper \o/

I believe that it may have been bluap who made this, not I. Don't really know any other reason it was mistaken for me besides the fact our names are reverse of each other. Sorry I can't offer any other help.

Yes, I wrote the Linux EL time applet the mapviewer and publish the debian/Ubuntu/Mint packages for these and the EL client. Zootnerper's instructions will get the ppa installed then you just need to install the app packages using "apt-get install eltime-appindicator" if you do not already have it.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.