Eternal Lands Official Forums
Red_Panda

Low level boss like monster

Was reading through some old suggestions and came across this post by Hussam

Not really. New players want one time quests that give a full level. They want satisfaction at their current level. Best way to keep new players is to come up with things that give them the same sense of achievement that high level people get. For example, in 30s and 40s a/d invasions, add a very easy monster with 6K HP that only has 30 a/d. New players will feel pr0 when they kill it in a group and they will be more motivated to stay. They will use HE/SRs, etc.. and there's your gold sink.
If you haven't noticed, new players are not interested in 3x school days, invances, etc.. They do haidir daily because the satisfaction of completing a quest task makes them feel pr0.

Edit: BTW, I personally have nothing against your suggestion since everyone is entitled to their opinions and suggestions :) But I think what you are asking for is something we already too much of :) and your targeted audience (new players) are unlikely to be interested.

I think if we found a nice desolate cave on c1 to put it in and made it so people over a certain a/d couldn't attack it new players could have fun with it.

We had something like this already. It was DPa before the last change.

Terrible idea IMO. Didn't work then, won't work now.

If anything, make a 40-60 Instance and let there be tutorial NPCs at each wave. Do not let the monsters spawn until the players activate it through the NPC (forcing them to read), or spawn them 8 minutes or so after the previous wave is killed.

Just FYI, I would help write the NPC material.

Edited by Infect

We had something like this already. It was DPa before the last change.

Terrible idea IMO. Didn't work then, won't work now.

If anything, make a 40-60 Instance and let there be tutorial NPCs at each wave. Do not let the monsters spawn until the players activate it through the NPC (forcing them to read), or spawn them 8 minutes or so after the previous wave is killed.

Just FYI, I would help write the NPC material.

Can you elaborate on what was done with DPa? It would be a nice idea to have a lower level monster with high hp for new players to kill. I agree they will feel a sense of accomplishment and develop strategies on how to work with a team if they were to join instances/invasions/invances in the future. Granted, I don't think there are enough new players coming into the game for one to want to implement this (I may be wrong :P).

Edited by MilesBreezy