Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chester

Farewell all

Guest Chester

Hi all,

My name is chester and you probably have seen me around the VotD storage.
As something happened with me ingame i really dont want to talk about, i decided the time is ripe for me to go.
Some of the old players might know me as Life.

Farewell everybody that i enjoyed playing with over the years,
Chester

It is really a shame there is no way to transfer money safely in game so players could not be preyed upon by scammers.

It is really a shame there is no way to transfer money safely in game so players could not be preyed upon by scammers.

I disagree. I've generally found the people who've levelled their own characters to be more friendly, more interesting, and more willing to participate in the community than those who've bought them. I'd hate to see it be easier to exchange rl $$ with anyone other than radu.

Not to mention the amount of trouble game-mediated character (or other) sales for dollars could cause...

Rules 4 and 10 are there for a reason, especially the bit about EL not being responsible for any transactions.

I think it's a bigger shame that some people don't play the game but choose instead to buy their way through it. The irony is the game was designed to be THE journey, not an end-game destination, and these same people end up bored and either become troublemakers or complainers of being bored. Go figure.

I also would despise the making of this any easier or safer. I'd rather get rid of it completely.

I hate to see anybody get scammed but I'm with Aislinn and darrock... If there was a way to enforce a ban on char trading I'd support it, but I suppose there's really not.

I disagree. I've generally found the people who've levelled their own characters to be more friendly, more interesting, and more willing to participate in the community than those who've bought them. I'd hate to see it be easier to exchange rl $$ with anyone other than radu.

I see your point, I don't think it would benefit the game to have radu or some other mod/admin mediate $$ transfers etc

However, I disagree on the part about people who level their own characters to be more friendly etc..I know many players who have bought their characters, and they are some of the nicest, friendliest people on the server. They are team players, make sure everyone gets their fair share in events/invances etc.

On the other hand I know people who have leveled their characters, some with very impressive levels, who are complete stuck up jerks. They think they're better than everyone else, and make game play unpleasant..it works both ways. It's a issue of individual attitude, not player status..

Edited by talon1527

Guest svedka

I guess you probably shouldn't buy your account. Makes more sense to make an account, and play the game. Otherwise, how do you even know what to do in-game? Lame, lame, and oh yeah.. More lamee...

Im with Aislin

Furthermore, you should have seen it coming. Trusting people you don't know is the easiest way to get scammed. Your own fault, you should be mad at yourself.

Edited by LongMustache

I guess you probably shouldn't buy your account. Makes more sense to make an account, and play the game. Otherwise, how do you even know what to do in-game? Lame, lame, and oh yeah.. More lamee...

Most people who buy chars know exactly what to do with them. Some people just want to play and so they buy already leveled up accounts. I don't see how moral lessons like "you should work hard for your char" can belong in a computer game (outside real life).

The risk is in trusting random people over the internet with real money which will always be a bad thing.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this