Eternal Lands Official Forums
saxum

A/D Indicators failing to work

I am not skeptic and use astro to partly determine if I want to do something (the fortune teller tells you that you will be lucky mixing today) and for some reason the A/D Indicators only are failing to work for me anymore. All the other indicators work that I have tried and predictors work as well.

Make rare/failure indicator
Make rare: 0 (the lower, the better; positive is penalty)
Failure: 0 (the lower, the better)

Attack bonus predictor
Attack bonus, the higher, the better, negative is penalty:
20 Minutes: 0
40 Minutes: 0
60 Minutes: 0

Accuracy bonus predictor
Accuracy bonus, the higher, the better, negative is penalty:
20 Minutes: 3
40 Minutes: 3
60 Minutes: 3

To hit bonus predictor
To hit bonus, the higher, the better, negative is penalty:
20 Minutes: 1
40 Minutes: 0
60 Minutes: 0

I restarted client, computer and used A/D Indicator with alt "Sax" with same result.

Any ideas? Client reinstall and if so what do I need to save so I do not lose more quest, mixing stats, failures, aliases. etc. I lost those when old computer crashed.

Have Windows 7 if it makes a difference.

?? You give one set of results and say they are not working? You say A/D indicators are not working for you, but provide only Predictor results. It is confusing.

I do not use predictors and indicators only rarely. But I find astro spends more time neutral than at it's peaks and cycles over 48 EL hours (maybe a touch less). So, a single predictor result showing neutral (as you provide) is what you could expect.

Could you provide more examples spread over consecutive days, please?

I am not Sceptic, but I am a sceptical sceptic

No I can not provide examples over consecutive days.

I can not print results because NOTHING happens - no popup nor any text printed.

Indicator goes away as usual however.

I use predictors when I am trying something very difficult - say mix very expensive item - but I am just showing that everything BUT A/D Indicators used to work.

I have not made an updates recently so guessing it is something corrupted.

There's been no changes to the client that would do this. That it's not affecting others would indicate it's an issue on your end.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe you switched to a smaller window size, which left the popup window somewhere off the screen. (Or you simply managed to drag it off the screen somehow.) The location of popup boxes is saved for use by all chars regardless of which you use.

Try this: Change your Ctrl-O -> Video -> Video Mode to something huge... larger than your screen's max resolution. Windowed. Click an indicator, move the window around as needed to see if it appears anywhere (not sure how to move a window around in windoze, it's holding alt while clicking the mouse in linux KDE).

If you see nothing, it must have gone way off.

In that case, restore your video setting to your normal use state and close EL.

my docs\<name>\eternal lands\main <- I'm copying this from another post as I don't have Win, but check there. (Your screenshots (in a folder), mapmarks (in a "maps" folder), and any files in there that have your name or your alt names are what you want to keep during a new install btw.)

Look for a file named el.cfg (not el.ini) in that folder. Delete it.

On restarting EL, you'll have lost a lot of your settings and need to adjust everything, but every popup window will be in default new install location. Try an a/d indicator.

Nadda. Zlich. Nein. Ne.

el,cfg was renamed and it made absolutely NO difference,

I do not see text or indicator.

I tried different size screens and I even tried full screen which I have used in past to drag mini-map back in place.

At least I remamed cfg file but thinking only full reinstall will fix this issue.

Save the files I indicated in my last post first, and make sure it's fully uninstalled (The aforementioned "eternal lands" directory with "main" in it fully deleted, the uninstaller may not delete that).

There's been no changes to the client that would do this. That it's not affecting others would indicate it's an issue on your end.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe you switched to a smaller window size, which left the popup window somewhere off the screen. (Or you simply managed to drag it off the screen somehow.) The location of popup boxes is saved for use by all chars regardless of which you use.

Try this: Change your Ctrl-O -> Video -> Video Mode to something huge... larger than your screen's max resolution. Windowed. Click an indicator, move the window around as needed to see if it appears anywhere (not sure how to move a window around in windoze, it's holding alt while clicking the mouse in linux KDE).

If you see nothing, it must have gone way off.

In that case, restore your video setting to your normal use state and close EL.

my docs\<name>\eternal lands\main <- I'm copying this from another post as I don't have Win, but check there. (Your screenshots (in a folder), mapmarks (in a "maps" folder), and any files in there that have your name or your alt names are what you want to keep during a new install btw.)

Look for a file named el.cfg (not el.ini) in that folder. Delete it.

On restarting EL, you'll have lost a lot of your settings and need to adjust everything, but every popup window will be in default new install location. Try an a/d indicator.

It does not work for crits indicator as well.

Can someone more familiar with windows experience explain what to do?

I have 2 screens and current left screen set screen resolution to smallest size possible 800x600. Normal resolution in 1680x1050.

I set game size to largest as possible 1366x768x32'

I still get no message (popup) and more importantly no text is written to log.

I can not 'Click an indicator, move the window around' if it does not show on screen

I have removed el,cfg and restarted, No Joy,'

I copied from two other machines and replaced el.cfg .No joy.

Do I need to do a fresh installation and then copy files from previous game directory?

Please give me some other ideas, I have spent hours on it and I am a player who uses astro a lot.

If some of the indicator windows pop up, then the window is on screen and not out of range as there is only one saved window setting for astrology. Using one of the indicators that does work, do you have "Always Print Details To Console" checked in the astrology window title-bar menu? If so and you do not get the window and you do not get the text then we have a very strange problem. The only thing I can suggest is that the server message is getting corrupted before the client can interpret it. I assume you are using one of the standard builds from Sir_Odie or the last release?

Here's a thought. Do you have anything that would match the text in your ignores list?

The text sent from the server is "The higher, the better, negative is penalty: Att: 3, Def: 3"

I added "The" to my ignores list and now the window does not pop up.

I will look to fixing this by moving the ignore filter later in the code but please check if removing any ignore text helps.

I emptied out ignore list and it made no difference; I used #ignores command regularly,

Finally I gave up trying screen resolutions, etc and tested on laptop no issue. I then made backup of directory removing all files and slowly added files of different types back (Quest logs, Chat logs, recipes, counters logs, etc) logging in and out with testing, Finally with last four files I added problem reoccurred and one by one I added them back. Something weird to do with notes.xml file which I never restored. I am very aware of possible interactions with local_ignores.txt file for I frequently ignore "You" like when I am cooking meat but there was no matching phrase in it and did not explain why others did work.

It is working again other than now I need to manually bring up mini-map every time.I log in. I edited el.ini so now changes are not saved to try to prevent going thru that again.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.