Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
torgy0

Can't get custom maps. Need Help!

Hey EL,

I used to play EL a couple years ago and since I've gotten a new computer. I am running OS 10.9.5 on my mac and can't figure out what to do to get the custom maps to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Torgy0

This is how I got custom maps on my Mac 10.10.4 (might not be the best way, but it worked)

In ‘Finder’ under ‘Applications’, right click ‘Eternal Lands’ (assuming that is where it is)

Click ‘Package Contents’, ‘Resources’, ‘maps’ (open the maps folder, it works better if the folder is open, don’t know why, it just does….probably cuz it’s a Mac)

Get custom maps from here: http://life-is-eternal.blogspot.se/p/burned-maps-unofficial-eternal-lands.html

Open the Burned-maps folder, copy all maps and drag them to the ‘maps’ folder in ‘Resources’ folder in EL

You will be replacing maps in that folder with the custom maps, so click ‘Apply to all’ and ‘Replace’

Restart EL. That should work.

You cannot access ‘Package Contents’ from the short cut on your desktop, you used to be able to, but not now. I don’t know why (maybe Apple hates us).

Good Luck,

EM