Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Android client, 6th release

Hmmm...while it does not handle landscape mode as gracefully as the Crunchyroll app, I think I found out something useful about how it handles landscape mode. Make sure EL is not the active app, turn on autorotate, hold the tablet in landscape mode with the jacks/antennas in the left or right side according to preference, bring up the EL app and then turn on landscape mode if you want. Repeat if necessary. I hope that helps.

I think somethin is missing, I did as you said:

1) Make sure EL is not the active app

2) Turn on auto rotate

3) Hold the table on the desired orientation (antennas on the right hand)

4) Bring up EL

In the multiapp selector EL show as desired but as soon as is tha active app it rotate upsidedown.

I repeat turning off auto rotation before 4) and it work! Now EL keep in my desired orientation.

Thank you very much.

Sorry. I thought I had the instructions worked out and worded right. Oh well, you seem to have it figured now.

Yeah, X's are hard to hit. That is for sure.

How do we change the options for the buttons when they have multiple possible options on the desktop client?

What do you mean? What buttons?

Mix one vs Mix all, drop one vs drop all, etc

Those being buttons on the upper right side of the inventory window.

Last I knew, those buttons and right click options as do the windows themselves in the desktop clients.

The only way I found to use mix all was from the mixing window, awkward, since it required an additional window open.

It is also not possible to save and recall recipes and item lists?

Edited by Maxine

Why is it awkward to mix all from the mix window? That's kind of the idea of that window, to mix things, no?

As for the recipe window and items list, it's a bit of a pain to do properly without a right mouse button. I might add them eventually, but not a a big priority, since the game is totally usable without them.

I don't know if you plan to change anything in the current Inv window, but... due to the current sizing, the equipment slots are very small. I wonder if it would make sense to take those five buttons on the right side and arrange them below the equipment slots. You could then make the equipment slots a bit bigger, and add a 6th button for 'Mix All'.

Why is it awkward to mix all from the mix window? That's kind of the idea of that window, to mix things, no?

Screen space is precious when the screen is small. People will want their inventory, a bag and have a mix all button. With the mix window (which it would be nice to only need it open for setting the recipe), it is a bit hard to see the stuff around you and move around.

Thanks for bringing back the minimap.

I tried packaging the Burn maps with the Android client, but it wont install when I do that (using 7zip to add to the apk). Is there another file that needs to be changed/added?

The screen space/mixing question was already addressed by Nathan, a mix all below the mix one would help, or just a mix all instead of mix one, if you click it again you stop mixing anyways so it can do the job of the mix one button, but not vise versa.

It doesn't install? Hmm, no idea then. I guess I can put Burn's maps, eventually.

As for the screen space, we don't support bag mixing, so the bag window shouldn't even be there when mixing. I stand by my decision, the mix all should only be in the mixing window, at least for the android client.