Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
forever

Steel Bars: Fastest method

Ok, I've been thinking, I did 2k steel bars which seemed to take forever.

Would it be more effecgtive to harvest 5k coal and get 3k FE to mule to a spot of iron and make 1k bars or would it be faster to get the FE carry it to a iron/coal spot and harvest iron and coal in the same area?

I feel like it might be faster to get the FE / Coal and mix it all at one time. but I'm looking for other peoples opinions

i find the fastest way is to buy FE and coal then take enough for 60 (depends on emu) bars and food to srm iron mine, make a few extra bars to buy more FE and coal.

i prefer bringing FE and food then get coal and iron at place, be it SRM, Melinis or whatever. :)

But if i am distracted a bit, i still just harv iron in evtr and haul to sto, because then you have no bag that could poof....

Would it be more effecgtive to harvest 5k coal and get 3k FE to mule to a spot of iron and make 1k bars or would it be faster to get the FE carry it to a iron/coal spot and harvest iron and coal in the same area?

I feel like it might be faster to get the FE / Coal and mix it all at one time. but I'm looking for other peoples opinions

If you have a guild or a group of friends, use teamwork. That is the best advice I can give you. If you do, you get to ignore the next paragraph.

If alone, harvesting coal and bringing it to the iron and then going to storage for FE to bring to the iron and hoping your bag is there is not too bad of a risk. Of course, yes, bagjumpers have a chance to get your coal.. Only make the bag of coal as big as you can handle with what FE and food you can bring in one trip.

fastest way i found was to bring fps to place, harv fe ingreds and make them with veggies/toads from there, then move ur fes and fps to the iron/coal spot in the next room and mix all there. I save up to an hour for every 1k i make as opposed to harving coal and fes ingreds separately and then muling them from sto to iron spot...

I think explorers have a big advantage before you. I dont think anyone would give such informations away .. not even for gc :pickaxe:

ah btw.. what do you do with steel bars anyway ?

I personally like to do it with a friend, while he mines the coal and brings it to me im mining iron and making bars we do about 100 bars p/h, and it gets a little better every time we do it.

Mixing on site is best if you have big emu. If you concentrate enough you can usually make 100+ bars/hr.

But I think if your emu isn't big enough to make at least 30~40bars a trip...it's best if you just harv everything then storage mix B)

alternatively..fastest way is to buy the ings :)

Mixing on site is best if you have big emu.
Mule glyphs ftw. :)
alternatively..fastest way is to buy the ings :D
Its only feasible if you buy the ingreds for cheap. Lets see: 8 iron ore @ 3.5gc, 5 coal @ 2gc, 3 fire ess @ 3.5gc, plus food (1 feasting pot per 4 bars)... Total cost around 51.5gc, if you don't fail. Each bars sells for around 51-52gc, so if you don't have a good supply chain, its not worth it, imo. Edited by Lorck

Mixing on site is best also if you have small EMU.

It's not a big problem to make up to 2k steel bars in one day (i made loads of steel bars this way).

Bring FEs (i hate mixing em, so i always haul them to spot) harvest coal, haul it to iron spot, harvest iron, mix 1 load of bars, haul them to storage, bring food ...

Well I lost the cooperation of friends in a 15k steel bar project im doing so im going solo now. I make 100 bars p/h, and haul back 130 iron to sto every trip. In 70 trips i should have 8k iron in sto, and i can make those into bars in an hour and 30 minutes so I would have to say this is the fastest method now.

Well I lost the cooperation of friends in a 15k steel bar project im doing so im going solo now. I make 100 bars p/h, and haul back 130 iron to sto every trip. In 70 trips i should have 8k iron in sto, and i can make those into bars in an hour and 30 minutes so I would have to say this is the fastest method now.

Are you making them with pre-made FEs ? (i was referring to 2k steel bars out of scratch, so harv iron + coal + FE ingreds and then mix FEs + steel bars)

This is the way I see it:-

Steel bars require 2 basic ings and one secondary one, the production of the latter requiring three other ings. IMO, therefore, it makes sense to just buy the FEs and haul them to the iron, especially as essences are only 1 EMU each. If you do some exploring beyond the coasts of Seridia, you can find spots where coal is pretty close to iron. :)

If you have more friends than I do - which is not particularly difficult! - it becomes quite easy to roll out a few thousand bars in a short space of time, even for non-hardcore players such as yours truly. This is also one the reasons why one might consider joining an active guild.

Are you making them with pre-made FEs ? (i was referring to 2k steel bars out of scratch, so harv iron + coal + FE ingreds and then mix FEs + steel bars)

No I'm buying the fe's, and coal.

So, all you need is a good iron deposit close to storage....
They don't come much closer to storage than Nordcarn north cave. There is a small problem there though....! :)

They don't come much closer to storage than Nordcarn north cave. There is a small problem there though....! :P

Hmmm... NC isnt best place for iron afaik.

You need to explore a bit more :( .

They don't come much closer to storage than Nordcarn north cave. There is a small problem there though....! :P

Hmmm... NC isnt best place for iron afaik.

You need to explore a bit more ;) .

Well SC is not a bad place for iron - and its non-PK.

That just match your nickname, seems to be a real RPGing ;)

Fastest way is to buy all ings and mix in storage. Not profiteable tough

buying FE and Coal and bringing it to cave it other fast way, dont forget food, and harv during food cooldown... that would work fine aswell... and u can bring extra iron to your sto with this method