Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Android client, version 1.0.1

The client can be downloaded from http://www.eternal-lands.com/el_android.apk

Here are the changes from version 1.0.0

Made the interface larger

Changed the quick spell location
Made the quick spells a bit larger
Moved the quick items a bit to the left (so you won't accidentally press the Android buttons)
Various small fixes to the Inventory window
Better NPC dialogue menu

An option to make the inventory window smaller similar to the desktop client would be nice.

I also can't click use with pointy finger on inventory items if storage window is open. It will just move them to storage. I can still 'use by clicking on the quick bar. It's just a minor annoyance but fixing that will give some UI polish.

Also consider setting follow camera on by default. It helps tremendously with navigation. This will also make things more familiar for people coming from other android games.

The spinbuttons in the preferences window are too small (when changing max food level for example)

Edit: Maybe also change the "Control click to view achievements" in preferences to something else like double tap or long press.

The inventory window says "right click..." at the sto all, drp all, etc...

Maybe change the text since there is no right click on android phones and attaching a usb mouse won't really allow right clicking there anyway.

Edited by hussam

An option to make the inventory window smaller similar to the desktop client would be nice.

What resolution and screen size are you using?

I also can't click use with pointy finger on inventory items if storage window is open. It will just move them to storage. I can still 'use by clicking on the quick bar. It's just a minor annoyance but fixing that will give some UI polish.

The idea is that when you have the storage window open, you usually want to transfer items, not use them. The items you really want to use, you can use from the quickbar as mentioned.

Also consider setting follow camera on by default. It helps tremendously with navigation. This will also make things more familiar for people coming from other android games.

I don't like that option much, it gives me motion sickness.

The spinbuttons in the preferences window are too small (when changing max food level for example)

You are using it wrong. Just slide the finger left and right on those boxes.

Also, Android has right click.

5.1 inch at 1440 x 2560 resolution.

You are using it wrong. Just slide the finger left and right on those boxes.

Thank you! Now I don't need to attach a usb mouse every time I need to change that.

The idea is that when you have the storage window open, you usually want to transfer items, not use them. The items you really want to use, you can use from the quickbar as mentioned.

Yes, I figured this was a design decision.

Thanks again for the update.

Edited by hussam

oh nice, now I can actually read the interface text on my 3.5 inch, yet it all still looks good on my 8 inch

And now there's room for 6 quick items/spells, like the desktop version

I do agree to make the inventory window size an option, it looks huge on my tablet but just right on my phone. But with a long press (or something, idk) for right click, this option is accessible (assuming these options still exist), along with others that are helpful (eg. keep last/first row, auto close storage npc dialog)

so how do you rightclick on an android (without using a mouse, which would defeat the purpose of using a tablet)?

Right clicking with a USB mouse (using a USB connector) exits the application instead of showing a context menu (S7 running nougat).

I'm not sure if it is a crash or not. I can make logcat.log file if you wish.

Yes, please do. I am mostly interested in the stack dump at the end, where it says in what function it crashed.

Does it happen if you right click anywhere, or only in certain areas?

First of all, right clicking is existing any application including Chrome.

I did logcat >/sdcard/logcat.txt from android terminal while mouse is attached. I started EL.

I tried right clicking on harvestables and on the the "Get All" button in the inventory window. It exits the application in both cases.

I'm not sure I can adb while using the USB mouse since the phone has only one usb port.

This is the content of the logcat.txt file https://pastebin.com/raw/1RmMHCBk

Let me know please if there was a better way to do this.

Thank you.

Just for kicks, I paired my bluetooth mouse to my Fire tablet. It works fine for left clicking on everything in EL. Tried to right-click on the places where there are right-click options and none of them responded at all. Unlike Hussam's experience, nothing at all happened. I don't know if the right-click menus have been removed from the Android version, or if there is some limitation to Bluetooth mouse right-clicking in general in Fire OS. If you want further investigation of this, let me know.

I can't right click or middle click with my Bluetooth mouse. Either acts like a left click if I do them over a location I can move to. And nothing happens where a right click would on the desktop version, like in window title bars.

I would really like my counters file, map mark files to be in an area I can access without being root. Then I can use Dropbox to keep all my machines current.

I am getting some weirdness in the trade window.

When I try and trade items that are at the end of a category, other random items are placed in the trade window. This only happens on my snoops character, not on my alts, and only using the android client.

I did notice that snoops has 300/300 slots used, so I got rid of a few things and tried again, same result.

Not entirely random either, if I try and trade silver bars, it always puts in magic potions, etc.

This is what happens when I try and trade 20 each of the last 5 flowers:

Screenshot_2017-05-28-22-11-25.jpeg

Same thing happens. Doesn't matter where on the screen it is.

Also, it's the last n items in each category, where n seems random.

Eg last 1 in 5 metals, last 2 in 33 magic, last 6 in 16 tools...

Only categories unaffected are food, books, and hazardous

Yes, i can put the item into inventory and it grabs the correct item, then i trade it from inventory, all good.

It's just when trying to trade from storage the wrong items are selected.

I'm still having problems being able to turn on/off names bars etc in android client, earlier versions i could use alt n b h etc on bt keyboard not now and i cant seen to get them to come on in settings either

only way i managed to do it before is to re instal the client,

I am surprised you have not gotten a more standard method for opening the keyboard yet. Any plans on it?