Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Android client, 6th release

That's strange. So you mean you can't type normal sentences because the space key is not working?

Did you have any windows open on screen? Did you try in console mode?

I'm late with my answer, sorry. Right, I can't make a correct request to bots for example as no any reaction on space bar pressing. No windows are opened. The same trouble is in the console mode also.

OK, I'm finally on the forum. I have been using this app to harvest. It has been going well so far. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A running Marshmallow and I use it in conjunction with a Bluetooth Logitech keyboard, K480, Here are a couple of things I've noticed.

1. Using the Logitech keyboard in console screen, the spacebar doesn't make a space character. I've used underscore to make sentences instead.

2. Without the Logitech keyboard in console screen, the android keyboard doesn't come up.

3. If I have the app on then I press the home button on the tablet and then I click on the app's icon again, the app will show a black screen until I close out the app and log in again.

Those are the major problems.

Minor problems:

1. It only works in landscape mode.

2. Buttons at the bottom are really small for normal size fingers. They are also really close to the screen border. Making them bigger would be helpful.

3. Storage window items list on the left: the words are too close together. Its awkward to select them. Books is hard to select even with a stylus.

4. Closing windows such as storage and inventory with your fingers is a chore because the X on the upper right is too small. I can do it fine with the stylus, otherwise my character is moving around like she's drunk while I'm trying to close the windows.

Thanks.

Yeah, X's are hard to hit. That is for sure.

How do we change the options for the buttons when they have multiple possible options on the desktop client?

OK, I'm finally on the forum. I have been using this app to harvest. It has been going well so far. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A running Marshmallow and I use it in conjunction with a Bluetooth Logitech keyboard, K480, Here are a couple of things I've noticed.

1. Using the Logitech keyboard in console screen, the spacebar doesn't make a space character. I've used underscore to make sentences instead.

2. Without the Logitech keyboard in console screen, the android keyboard doesn't come up.

3. If I have the app on then I press the home button on the tablet and then I click on the app's icon again, the app will show a black screen until I close out the app and log in again.

Minor problems:

2. Buttons at the bottom are really small for normal size fingers. They are also really close to the screen border. Making them bigger would be helpful.

3. Storage window items list on the left: the words are too close together. Its awkward to select them. Books is hard to select even with a stylus.

4. Closing windows such as storage and inventory with your fingers is a chore because the X on the upper right is too small. I can do it fine with the stylus, otherwise my character is moving around like she's drunk while I'm trying to close the windows.

Thanks.

1 & 2. Did you try to disable the keyboard altogether (turn of BT for example), and see if it works?

3. What tablet do you have? "Samsung Galaxy Tab A" doesn't mean anything.

As for your minor problems, I am not sure why the fact that it works only in landscape mode is a problem. Most games only work in one mode. I can touch the icons just fine on my Samsung S5, and I have relatively big fingers. The storage window yes, I will see if I can make the categories bigger. The windows can also be closed with the back key.

Yeah, X's are hard to hit. That is for sure.

How do we change the options for the buttons when they have multiple possible options on the desktop client?

What do you mean? What buttons?

Hmm, what keyboard are you using?

Actually, I've tested two bluetooth keyboards. The China noname. Both got the same trouble with space bar. They were bought here:

1. http://www.dx.com/p/portable-folding-wireless-bluetooth-v2-0-keyboard-black-91033

2. http://www.dx.com/p/mini-handheld-rechargeable-bluetooth-3-0-49-key-wireless-keyboard-black-156970

These keyboards have no problems in standard android applications like browser or email.

Minor problems:

Thanks.

1 & 2. Did you try to disable the keyboard altogether (turn of BT for example), and see if it works?

3. What tablet do you have? "Samsung Galaxy Tab A" doesn't mean anything.

As for your minor problems, I am not sure why the fact that it works only in landscape mode is a problem. Most games only work in one mode. I can touch the icons just fine on my Samsung S5, and I have relatively big fingers. The storage window yes, I will see if I can make the categories bigger. The windows can also be closed with the back key.

I don't know why you say Samsung Galaxy Tab A doesn't mean anything when that's the model name. Here is the Samsung webpage to my tablet since you were not specific in your request, Entropy:

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/tablets/all-other-tablets/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-8-0-16gb-wi-fi-smoky-titanium-sm-t350nzaaxar/

I don't personally regard landscape only as a problem, I actually like it. I saw that others mentioned other options other than landscape and I thought I'd mention how mine behaves differently.

I have used the app with both the Bluetooth keyboard and without the Bluetooth keyboard. I believe the fact that I had disengaged the Bluetooth keyboard in 2. was clearly stated.

I'm not here to get into an argument about fingers. If you're not willing to believe me or others about the game play, why have this forum? If you like, just take note about the sizes of some interface items and deal with them at a later time when major issues are taken care of. It's minor and not a big deal.

Now, I didn't make this list to make your life harder. I made it to point out some things I noticed and experience. Apparently others have noticed as well. The app is good. I am duly impressed on how well it works and the creative solutions you guys came up with to make it work intuitively. Keep up the good work.

Call me old fashion, but I believe a little politeness goes a long way.

Edited by Ralpher05

I don't know why you say Samsung Galaxy Tab A doesn't mean anything when that's the model name.

Because there are like 20 different models under that name?

I have used the app with both the Bluetooth keyboard and without the Bluetooth keyboard. I believe the fact that I had disengaged the Bluetooth keyboard in 2. was clearly stated.

You stated that the android keyboard didn't come up, but I am not sure I understand the problem. You mean after turning off the keyboard, the software keyboard won't come up in the console mode? What steps did you take to make it come back?

I'm not here to get into an argument about fingers. If you're not willing to believe me or others about the game play, why have this forum?

So wait a second, only your opinion matters here, or what?? My opinion is that the bottom icons are quite big, especially for an 8" tablet. I don't think I heard from anyone that they had problems with the icons size on a tablet. And after adding some spacing, I didn't hear people complain much about the icons at all, on phones or tablets.

Call me old fashion, but I believe a little politeness goes a long way.

@.@

After testing the client now for a little while, i must say i like it.

A few suggestions so.

As walking with the client is a bit more trouble in this client then on a computer screen where you can move with the mouse for rotation while selecting where you go it would be nice if a different set of the maps would be used, like burn's one instead the standard ones who are nice enough on a screen where you can select more exact where you go.

Its good that we have the minimap so as it does help a lot with walking in the game.

It would be nice if we would have in the options a way to add an URL for custom clothes. or have sir_odies custom clothes services hardcoded as an enable disable button there. i am pretty sure many people like to see their custom clothes.

A extra Button that when clicked raises the keyboard would be nice. trying to click on the spot where i get the keyboard up regularly leads to me walking somewhere else, even with sit log on.

Otherwise its a great work

A message i regularly get come up after pressing return when typing on hard keyboard is :

'Video change will take effect at next restart' in cyan colour

this doesnt happen when using virtual keyboard only

using hard keyboard the space bar does work on the login screen only

not related to keyboard issues, is there a way to get the spell short cuts up? if not there is space under the inv short cuts (right hand boxes)

also something probably less important to you , is there a way / posibility to zoom in on the mini map like the comp client does, at the present it just enlarges or reduces in size, which is good to keep, though the 1.50 limit is small for tablets, yeah i know you are trying to do the best for all screen sizes.

You stated that the android keyboard didn't come up, but I am not sure I understand the problem. You mean after turning off the keyboard, the software keyboard won't come up in the console mode? What steps did you take to make it come back?

Clarifying my keyboard issues.

So, with the Bluetooth keyboard, I turn on the keyboard before turning on the app. Then I log in with the BT keyboard and am able to chat in console screen.

Without the Bluetooth keyboard (ie off), I turn on the app and log in with the android keyboard. I cannot bring up the the android keyboard in console screen by tapping once or double tapping.

Now I just discovered today that I can bring up the android keyboard in the gameplay screen, I hope I'm making sense, by double tapping on the horizontal or the vertical control areas.

So maybe I just don't know how to bring up the android keyboard in the console screen?

So maybe I just don't know how to bring up the android keyboard in the console screen?

In the console screen, swipe left to bring the keyboard, right to dismiss it.

Wondering if it's possible to make a setting so people can log into other servers than main. I have a char on PK server I'd like to try the phone app with, and others may want to do things on test server with it.

Thanks,

Jeff

Wondering if it's possible to make a setting so people can log into other servers than main. I have a char on PK server...

It's perhaps obvious, but I'd like a nice clean select-server option when logging in on the client too. I suspect some might like access to the test server also.

Yep, that worked. Thanks.

Ok, I found the bug I think.

BTW, it works fine with the android on screen keyboard?

Yes, the space bar trouble was with external bluetooth keyboards only. The standard onscreen android keyboard is OK.

With the onscreen keyboard I met another problem: it overlaps the text input field in console mode (the input itself is working, just it's not seen what I'm writing until sending the text to the chat). In normal mode - OK.

Hmmm...while it does not handle landscape mode as gracefully as the Crunchyroll app, I think I found out something useful about how it handles landscape mode. Make sure EL is not the active app, turn on autorotate, hold the tablet in landscape mode with the jacks/antennas in the left or right side according to preference, bring up the EL app and then turn on landscape mode if you want. Repeat if necessary. I hope that helps.

I think somethin is missing, I did as you said:

1) Make sure EL is not the active app

2) Turn on auto rotate

3) Hold the table on the desired orientation (antennas on the right hand)

4) Bring up EL

In the multiapp selector EL show as desired but as soon as is tha active app it rotate upsidedown.

I repeat turning off auto rotation before 4) and it work! Now EL keep in my desired orientation.

Thank you very much.

I have found this thing, at first I believe it was a bug, perhaps it's.

Sometimes when moving around trying to catch a bunny or a snake the keyboard show up, but was I wasnot in console mode it was a little difficult to hide.

After a little research:

- The keyboard show up after tapping twice on any of the two camera control boxes (like double click witha mouse).

- Using Hacker's keyboard hide it pussing it down from it's top edge.

- Using Samsung (virtual) keyboard the top edge thing doesn't work, as a work around press the app selector and return EL. :-/

If it's a bug please keep it! It's a nice shortcut for single commands as #beam me

Now one that is not an Android issue but a multiplatform user one:

When I play on the tablet the quest window doesn't show the progress I have done on the desktop computer and vice versa. :o