Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
villekPL

exp ?

is it me or is ranging such a bs skill

sometimes i get like 20 exp and other times 40 from same range?

when its nighttime i miss like 50 arrows of the 60 ?

why do i get same exp from a rabbit and a fluffy ?

i have night visor and big perception.. still miss tons ?

why cant i hit long range at all ?

i ALWAYS miss moving targets .. do you expect people in pk to stand still ?

i always miss with a longbow long range.. but not if the target is 4tiles away

/complain

1. is it me or is ranging such a bs skill

2. sometimes i get like 20 exp and other times 40 from same range?

3. when its nighttime i miss like 50 arrows of the 60 ?

4. why do i get same exp from a rabbit and a fluffy ?

5. i have night visor and big perception.. still miss tons ?

6. why cant i hit long range at all ?

7. i ALWAYS miss moving targets .. do you expect people in pk to stand still ?

8. i always miss with a longbow long range.. but not if the target is 4tiles away

/complain

1. It's you.

2. Conditions other than distance affect xp

3. Uh, its nighttime, and everyone has relatively nab range levels

4. Coz they are just as hard to hit as each other?

5. Nab levels. How boring to be hitting perfectly from range 1. For all we know the scale of excellence for ranging is far harsher than the other skills.

6. Its long range? See 5.

7. I bet you don't. If you are, see 5.

8. Isn't this the same as 6?

Stop crying now plx :)

S.

I believe the ranging formula has been changed the first server update after the client update. Used to get 4k xp per 300 arrows and after the update i hardly get 3k xp. And unless i use elven bow rarely hit anymore.

I wonder if you won't get more xp per gc if you use magic arrows

so if its nighttime i cant train at all? how silly is that

I did the bulk of my training at night, probably blew more arrows than I needed, but I liked seeing the big numbers :)

I have elven bow of coz, I don't slum it :)

S.

i was wondering.. if perception decreases exp, and so does leveling up how would you increase the exp? i mean you cant expect us to get like 400k exp for 5exp a arrow at some point right?

also have any of you noticed it you get attacked by a wolf for example.. and you flee, you instantly flee? or is it just me

Dunno when a wolf attacks me it dies instantly. Anyway it seems a good idea to train on something you kill instantly. This way you get more drops and no chance your bow will break. Plus training on stronger critters doesn't give you more xp (per 100 arrows), maybe this will change with level ups

so far iv seen only exp reducing :/

i dont understand why it doesnt start with like 50 exp up close and 100 exp long range.. and then go lower each lvl + i think perception should give more exp.. not reduce it.. why would i even want perception if it only reduce exp..

so far iv seen only exp reducing :/

i dont understand why it doesnt start with like 50 exp up close and 100 exp long range.. and then go lower each lvl + i think perception should give more exp.. not reduce it.. why would i even want perception if it only reduce exp..

It's a fair point.

I guess it is a trade-off between being effective in the skill (high perception, everything is "easier" for your char so he doesn't "learn" as much) not being effective in the skill (low perception, things are harder to see and hit, you work "harder" for each hit).

Still, I personally can't think of a fairer way to do the xp for ranging (distance and level of difficulty for your char to hit)

S.

A fiar way wuold be if the skill was based on the done damage and your level (better level - less xp per damage). The problem is the skill (just like all the new skills) are made to be a gc sink

So the people using magic arrows and elven bow get 4933xp per hit and the player using trainers with a short bow gets 4xp? For the same hit at the same distance on the same critter under the same conditions?

Glad you think that sounds fair. :wub:

S.

i dont understand why the exp has to be so low from hits.. even long range 30~ exp ..thats nothing

how am i suposed to get higher lvls with 20-30 exp per 3-5 arrows ?

The more experience you are, the more successful you'll become in hitting targets from a bigger distance, thus bigger exp.

For now, in order to maximize "exp per arrow" stick to shooting very weak creatures from very short distances - it is better to get 10 times 10-15 exp. than to miss 9 times and finally get one shot for 50 exp. :)

I think not low exp is a limiting factor here, I would say it is arrow cost - I suspect one needs to spend roughly one million gc in order to get to 80's in ranging (just for arrows)

Not exactly, since the further you advance, more often you hit, and from bigger distance -> thus more exp per gc/arrow.

The rate you mention is typical for 0-20's, I'm pretty sure I hope it will improve as you become a better ranger ;-)

Edit: see above :confused:

Edited by Cruella

even if you get 3exp/gc (thats a lot) in 40s you still need 13M exp to lvl 80, so 5Mgc... and you have to add the training time if you dont range pvp :confused:

yeah what a bs :< i dont mind the arrows being 10gc.. since u hardly have to heal / use sr

but it would be more fair if exp was around 80-100 :/ :/

Which other skill in EL is all about training? I think none.

You train A/D to be able to kill high level critters. Same with other skills - leveling up to be able to manufacture/harvest higher level items.

So is ranging all about training? The more perception you have, the better chance to hit, which is better for PK than with lower perception, even though it's less exp. So in my opinion, ranging is not made just to train it, but to use it in battle. And then again, if you want ranged skill to be useful for you in shorter amount of time, first train a lot with low perception, and after you reach a certain point, boost perception back up, so you have the exp/arrow, a good level, and a high perception.