Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Susje

Beware of faxie

Just as an FYI, I am one of the mods that has known about this for ages. It was discussed and decided it was not against the rules.

I am also a bot owner and am totally on Faxie's side in this. He doesn't undercut my prices and has always given me fair deals on his bots.

I am insulted that you of all people feel you should speak on behalf of other bot owners. If anyone has caused bot owners like me, who play this game casually and are not around to change prices 24/7, to stop having a bot, it certainly wasn't Faxie.

Susje, stop acting as if you are representing anyone other than yourself.

One: the names of the EL moderators are not secret...

Two: scripts like used here were discussed earlier and the consensus was that they were not against the rules as currently formulated (on occasion of another bot that seemed to use scripts to adjust prices)

Three: you represent yourself unless you have proof you represent others. Please review the rules concerning impersonation...

Edited by revi

Just as an FYI, I am one of the mods that has known about this for ages. It was discussed and decided it was not against the rules.

I am also a bot owner and am totally on Faxie's side in this. He doesn't undercut my prices and has always given me fair deals on his bots.

I am insulted that you of all people feel you should speak on behalf of other bot owners. If anyone has caused bot owners like me, who play this game casually and are not around to change prices 24/7, to stop having a bot, it certainly wasn't Faxie.

Susje, stop acting as if you are representing anyone other than yourself.

Did Radu approve faxie's script? Can I make another script myself for adding some features my bot server doesn't provide without breaking EL or bots rules?

Radu said long ago, bots by their nature are automated, so the script for price changes is a non issue. He doesn't care about it.

Still no better excuse for those haidirs? You disappoint me :(

I am sure that those mods report to Radu on regular bases.

Using a script to train is illegal, my script isn't. All the script really does is beating you at your own game.

I don't need excuses (nor scripts) for changing myself the prices in my bots when I want. And why Bestest bot was selling at the same time 109 haidir passes for 10gc each? Because the owner can do it, maybe?

It seems the mods' names are secret because you don't tell their names.

Beating me at my own game? I don't use scripts for beating competitors. I think you are wrong, the fact you do it doesn't imply I do it too. I've been playing EL for many years obeying the rules.

Because I was next to the bot, trading with it, in case anyone comes and wants to buy them. We were manually changing them to get a proof that your bot is running a programm that will undercut any given price.

Yet again, he did it and your bot made it to 9gc, I mean your script or programm.

And DO NOT speak out for ME, as of I was a bot owner, I don't like you telling bullshit's on my behalf! Stop breaking the rules ....

*sigh*

Because I was next to the bot, trading with it, in case anyone comes and wants to buy them. We were manually changing them to get a proof that your bot is running a programm that will undercut any given price.

Yet again, he did it and your bot made it to 9gc, I mean your script or programm.

So... You were manually changing the prices in that bot and when I changed manually the prices in my bot too, that was for you a valid proof that I was using a program? It seems you didn't learn well about logic when you were in the school. It's not a valid point: that bot owner changed it manually because he/she is the owner. I am my bots' owner (evidently) so I can change manually my prices in my bots too.

If you are looking for an excuse to justify using a script in the bots, look for another better.

So... You were manually changing the prices in that bot and when I changed manually the prices in my bot too, that was for you a valid proof that I was using a program? It seems you didn't learn well about logic when you were in the school. It's not a valid point: that bot owner changed it manually because he/she is the owner. I am my bots' owner (evidently) so I can change manually my prices in my bots too.

If you are looking for an excuse to justify using a script in the bots, look for another better.

So you are telling us you willingly changed haidir passes to 9gcs? As they say in the south, "that dog don't hunt." No way in heck would you do that knowingly, half asleep or not. That is such a bold face lie, I'll go back to this: popcorn.gif

I don't find any problem with people doing that. If you want cheap prices, you have to allow for a free market in EL, which includes monitoring the competitors' price.

Mmmmm... In my opinion competition is good for all if the competition is fair and all the competitors have the same weapons. But if only one has an advantage over the rest, that could to unbalance so much the bots and the market that some owners quit paying the bots for another year. It's my opinion, but I guess who cares right?

It's my opinion, but I guess who cares right?

Fine. It's your opinion, and you've expressed it many times, both here and elsewhere. Some people may agree; others of us have different opinions. You have a right to your opinion, but you don't have a right to force it on anyone else, since this is not your game. It's Radu's opinion, expressed above that matters. Please consider moving along and leaving this fight behind.

Hey :hiya:

Just to add my little bit :sneaky:

The log at the beginning of this post is massively edited. I was on channel at the time and a lot was said by all - including me. I know, not a surprise....

My point being, the 'conversation' shown at the beginning is not the conversation that happened. I just checked my own logs to make sure before posting this and I can say that the 'log' at the beginning of this post has been edited to appear different to how it actually was.

Admittedly, if it hadn't been edited it would've not only been longer, but would've shown it to be the pointless & nonsensical tantrum we all know it was. Although, some of it was quite funny and would've been better to read through than what was posted above. Oh well...

Well, now that I've done my pot-stirring bit, I'm off again :whistle:

Play nice and be groovy :hug::hug:

:mace:

I leave this game and all the fun stuff starts to happen!!!! (p.s HI RADU!!! Hope your doing well!)

p.s.s I still can't type and im sorry for that.

Edited by TrueMen

I leave this game and all the fun stuff starts to happen!!!! (p.s HI RADU!!! How your doing well!)

Yeah, you manually changed prices to 9 gc for 10k worth passes :D

Yeah, you can tell this to 5year old kid, they might believe you.

Seems like you're being screwed over by the crowd roughly. GG.

I'm not using a script in my bots and never used it but now the mods and Radu opened the road to the scripts in EL, I will try to make my own script because for selling/buying in the bots every owner must pay the fee to Radu, have a good bot server PLUS a good external script for having the same features (at least) like faxie's bots.

Congratulations to faxie and the mods. We have passed from controlling your own bot spending time managing it to a script war where an owner can manage the bot without spending a single minute in EL. Good job, that will attract more players and bot owners.....

Edited by Susje

@Susje: Even if you never used any automation for your pricing, I believe that your actions have hurt the other botowners more than my script has (or will do). My script matches the prices of the other botowners and doesn't undercut them like your actions always did. If me, or another botowner would set a price, within the hour you (or a script) would drop under that price to make sure you were the lowest price seller and highest buyer instead of matching their prices. You did this, with enough gold coins to keep doing this so that you controlled the market and making it almost impossible for other botowners to make any kind of profit, at least that was the case for me when I started with Landerion.

My script is quite capable to undercut prices, and I have used it against your bots a few times to annoy you :P, but in general I don't use it because I think that everyone, which even includes you, should have a fair share of the market.

You said in previous post that it wasn't fair that I used a script to do the work for me, but you do think it is fair that you can spend more time at the game than other botowners (if you didn't script it, which I find very hard to believe after Teemoo's post)?

What also amazes me, is that you even made this forum post. In a personal conversation we had in pm's (and I cannot put on forums, unless you give me permission), you even said that you made a huge profit from my very badly written script. So your moral ground to even post this seems a bit flaky to say the least.

Your cynical rant at the end of the previous post made me laugh. However, I did read quite differently than the literal text. I read: "Congrats to Faxie and the mods. We have passed from just me (Susje) using scripts to fair competition and fair prices for everyone."

Edited by Faxie

@Susje: Even if you never used any automation for your pricing, I believe that your actions have hurt the other botowners more than my script has (or will do). My script matches the prices of the other botowners and doesn't undercut them like your actions always did. If me, or another botowner would set a price, within the hour you (or a script) would drop under that price to make sure you were the lowest price seller and highest buyer instead of matching their prices. You did this, with enough gold coins to keep doing this so that you controlled the market and making it almost impossible for other botowners to make any kind of profit, at least that was the case for me when I started with Landerion.

My script is quite capable to undercut prices, and I have used it against your bots a few times to annoy you :P, but in general I don't use it because I think that everyone, which even includes you, should have a fair share of the market.

You said in previous post that it wasn't fair that I used a script to do the work for me, but you do think it is fair that you can spend more time at the game than other botowners (if you didn't script it, which I find very hard to believe after Teemoo's post)?

What also amazes me, is that you even made this forum post. In a personal conversation we had in pm's (and I cannot put on forums, unless you give me permission), you even said that you made a huge profit from my very badly written script. So your moral ground to even post this seems a bit flaky to say the least.

Your cynical rant at the end of the previous post made me laugh. However, I did read quite differently than the literal text. I read: "Congrats to Faxie and the mods. We have passed from just me (Susje) using scripts to fair competition and fair prices for everyone."

The arguments you are using to justify the fact you have a script for enjoying new features in your bot are very cynical. Because you had a hard time competing with my prices, you created a script for beating my bots (and the rest of bots that don't have that script) 24/7. Another bot owner would take advantage of the time I'm not playing EL (because I'm a human being with a real life and must sleep, eat, doing chores, etc) to change the prices. But not you. You prefer having a script that does the dirty work for you 24 hours/day, each week in the year.

I think it's fair that I can play EL more time than you. I can't control the time another owners play EL, nor their timezones. Another owner from a different timezone can play EL while I'm sleeping and have some profit selling or buying cheaper than my bots. On the other hand, EL (and many other games) reward the determination and loyalty playing the game (with experience points and gc when you spend hours training, by example). A fighter who trains a/d less hours/day in EL can't complain to Radu because another fighter who trains more hours has a higher a/d level. The fighter who trained harder deserves more xp for the effort. Why a lazy bot owner (you, faxie) who doesn't want to spend hours managing the bots wants more profit than an owner who spends hours doing it without an automatic script? Gaining more profit (and ruining another owners' profit ) using your script while you work less I think is really unfair and gives a wrong message to EL players.

What amazes me is that you suggested in a private conversation some years ago controlling together the market adjusting the prices so they were the same in our bots. Because I said "no" you started a prices war, and when you realized you couldn't beat me with fair play created that script. The guy who has been hiding for months (maybe years?) the fact he's using a script for having some advantage (I'm talking about you, faxie) now talks about moral ground. So ironic...

Edited by Susje

So if you are a*programmer* you can basically do what you want with bots? I thought we were all on a level playing field.........seems not!...

So if you are a*programmer* you can basically do what you want with bots? I thought we were all on a level playing field.........seems not!...

Yes, that's kind of the very concept with the bots. Of course, you have to follow the bot rules.

Again you have to get the last word in! You have no freaking idea when to shut up! Your attempt at making Faxie the bad guy failed, miserably. Let it go, just walk away and let it go.

At the point as I left the game, Susje was already being accused unofficially to have used some hidden scripts or automations for the bots in question and for some other means of (game) play (abuse). She also manipulated chat logs to draw a different point of view several times. She also only complained when there were an economical loss but not on the situations where the bot generated by automation some revenue from some people who did not realized that the bot changed prices instantly without further notice. AFAIK those unethical gains were kept by her.

I don't see any negative impact, as the automation code seems to have been flawed, there were no considerations for some scenarios.

Previous flaws and coding errors were as is, were never refunded or dealt with. I have seen many many flaws regarding this in the past were the tradebot failed in the intentions of the bot owner(s).

As tradebots are some kind of automated piece of software, I do not see any flaw regarding coding something extra so it can be used by that tradebot. To use only some values in an array to determine a price is only one way of choosing a price.

Well Susje does not give permissions for handing out personal messages but she complains again and again.

When she were an adult she would have given instantly permissions to those personal messages (susje vs faxie) to draw the full picture. The benefit for the community would be to get the full picture and conclude further decisions.