Photo

ideas on changes to draw more people

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: idea to increase population on pk server (15 member(s) have cast votes)

increase a/d cap extra pay than standard pk server pay?

1. yes so that all instances can be done! (5 votes [27.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

2. no I Play and like it how it is! (5 votes [27.78%] - View)

3. would need more info! (3 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. if a/d cap increased a pay for non PK with limits to be decided later! (5 votes [27.78%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Starlite

Starlite

Leprechaun

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:55 AM

Handy Isnt that what we have with instances ? you have to be a cetain a/d level to take part

#22 handyman

handyman

Spider

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:59 AM

OK I would say this cap needs to be moved to lets say 120, Why so we have a chance to fight the pro instance, WHy should we have to be capped to the bottom lvl of the pro instance when we pay, Becuase those who sat down with radu and came up with the rules for the pk server don't play anymore.

So if the rules that you set were so good, than why are you not playing anymore, I quit for a year because the pk got so boring because of plvling.

What Branedon says here does have some weight.
When the PK server started we didnít have instances. So they have not been planned into the build of the PK server.
I believe the CAP should stay for the same reasons that I have already stated in my last post,
But raising the CAP to 120 a/d would make us be able to use all the Instances. It would also get my lazy A$$ back here to do some more levelling :)
It might get some of the other capped players back too

Handy

#23 Starlite

Starlite

Leprechaun

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:00 AM

The pk server has its safe area's for mixers (ok resource gatherers are still under threat but that's part of the fun)
I still think the cap is a good idea. The idea in the beginning was everyone would end up as strong as each other and if you took a break from the game you could come back and still be competitive and not have to train 12 hours a day to keep on top.

If you want to improve pking and maybe get competitive players join then they need an incentive. The problem has always been why fight when my stuff that took so long to get will just break. Or if I do attack someone I will be called an alt attacker and don't want the backlash from it.

An Idea

For every player kill you get points. These point can be traded at an npc for items/resources. Ok just 1 kill won't get you a binding stone or some tit armor but you can see where I am going with this idea.

On the Main server people always complained that pk was not profitable. Well why not make it on the pk server.

An Idea

Tournanment npc
would need so many players to enter. Once a week or month. Win your fights go through to the next round and win pk points to spend on the npc

Handy

P.S Hi guys its been a while :)

Handy isnt that what we have with instances? , the rewards are good and you cant enter until your a certain a/d level. We are at the point on this server now where we are getting teams and doing them

Edited by Starlite, 21 October 2010 - 07:01 AM.

#24 ProHibited

ProHibited

Leprechaun

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:00 AM

And don't say you do, BKC and my self are the only ones playing that started day 1 on pk server, and I just came back a month ago.

I do ;(

Higher caps means those who are capped will probably train a few levels once they get back, meaning the number of people that can enter the 80-100 instance decreases. Right now we can barely get a team together and with less players able to join we will be back to where we were a few months ago.

100 a/d seems high enough to specialize a build, higher a/d cap will ensure everyone gets enough overall levels to get a more 'all-round' combat build. I actually think the game is fairly well balanced now combat wise. Leaving the cap in place ensures tank,mage,whatever builds remain a valid option... As opposed to an all-round build that would be effective against ANY non-capped specialized build.

Edited by ProHibited, 21 October 2010 - 09:13 AM.

#25 handyman

handyman

Spider

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:16 PM

The pk server has its safe area's for mixers (ok resource gatherers are still under threat but that's part of the fun)
I still think the cap is a good idea. The idea in the beginning was everyone would end up as strong as each other and if you took a break from the game you could come back and still be competitive and not have to train 12 hours a day to keep on top.

If you want to improve pking and maybe get competitive players join then they need an incentive. The problem has always been why fight when my stuff that took so long to get will just break. Or if I do attack someone I will be called an alt attacker and don't want the backlash from it.

An Idea

For every player kill you get points. These point can be traded at an npc for items/resources. Ok just 1 kill won't get you a binding stone or some tit armor but you can see where I am going with this idea.

On the Main server people always complained that pk was not profitable. Well why not make it on the pk server.

An Idea

Tournanment npc
would need so many players to enter. Once a week or month. Win your fights go through to the next round and win pk points to spend on the npc

Handy

P.S Hi guys its been a while :)

Handy isnt that what we have with instances? , the rewards are good and you cant enter until your a certain a/d level. We are at the point on this server now where we are getting teams and doing them

The only problems with the instances were what to do with the spoils and the arguments they caused. They are fun for group events but that where it ends. They take a lot of resources and many armours and weapons were broken The instances were designed for the main server where all the top equipment is readably available. After doing 2-3 instances on here you wouldn't have any gear left to do anymore. I built my char to tank in the instances but even with a ntm cloak i still lost many items.
To get people to play this server be it for 2 hours a week or everyday you need give them some incentives
Mixers need customers, Pker's/ trainers need mixers and so on. Give players an incentive to play the game and you might up the numbers.

#26 Korrode

Korrode

Panda Bear

• Members
  • 3848 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:49 PM

No one's willing to get to 100 a/d, and get every attribute to 48, and have every positive perk.

No need to be artificially obtuse, no one does that on main either. I was on the server when it started. I saw all the bragging by people about how they were going to own the server in a couple weeks. I saw how many of them vanished never to be seen again.

It's not that people aren't willing to max out a char, it's that they aren't even willing to take the time to create a PK build (there are many to choose from) and get a decent a/d to use it.

I'm a harvester/supplier. I don't PK. It's taken me almost three years, but even I am into the 90's a/d. And I've trained less that 10 hours total in the last 20 a/d levels. I've seen motivated people do the same leveling in a few months.

I basically agree with what you're saying, my afore mentioned essay would describe a server with a short cycle to upper combat strength (and with no one having the option of spending insane time/$ to get ahead of what's meant to be the upper limit) and would also basically remove any requirement or dependence on mixers and make fun PvE easily provide enough gc for more fun PvE and PvP.

I know many current PK server players wouldn't like it.
Some of you like being mixers and harvesters and playing politics on the server, I know some PK server players aren't interested in combat very much at all, but you enjoy having 'power' over the combatants by a way of being the sole providers of required wares.

Screw that game model, we have that on the main server, why repeat it here. Just make it fun and easy for people to PvP and PvE competitively.

...but most current players won't like it, and you'll all cry out against it, and thus radu won't consider such a change, and you'll be the reason the server remains dead.

It's simply not that hard to be PK competitive on the server if people want to.

There's still the risk of the big pp buyer, why should I bother while it exists?
The amount of time/gc/$ to get and replace (on an ongoing basis) top level equipment is still far too much.

Monsters dropping and NPC's cheaply selling everything.
"How will it impact the mixers/miners" not considered for any part of the game design.
Enough gc so people can always replace their gear and supplies.
Cooldown.
Less PK area. (Remember I don't suggest a re-design of the PK server, I suggest redistributing the resources being used for the failed server on a PvE+PvP combat oriented server.)

Lots of other stuff but i'm still trying to resist a bullet point list, let alone the essay.

#27 Lexi

Lexi

Wolf

• Members
  • 884 posts
  • Interests:Currently my hobby is running my farm and website(s).

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:37 PM

The point in playing here is because there's no mini events/cooldown, which is a big plus for mixer, we don't have that in main, so yeah, we'd be upset. THose are 2 big reasons a mixer/harvester would come over from main.

People just need to grow up and actually work for their character, not a lot of pkers actually BUILD their character, most people buy them, so thus a lot (not all) are lazy.

Some of us don't mind restarting an actually playing the game. But I understand why people wont covert, it takes FOREVER to level in this game.

Edited by Lexi, 21 October 2010 - 11:38 PM.

#28 Sabbath

Sabbath

Racoon

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:24 AM

I was on the server when it started. I saw all the bragging by people about how they were going to own the server in a couple weeks. I saw how many of them vanished never to be seen again.

It's not because the PK server is hard, or the PKers there are anything to worry about(lol) it's because it's incredibly boring to play an essentially "dead" server let alone level a character to 100s... and even if you do get motivated and get there there's shit all going on. 10 or so *active players with not only c1 but c2 to hide on.. it's ridiculous to think anyone would train up a PK character when there's no reward once you have and even then when I played the small populus there was, was making alliances lol.

Like Korrode said, PK server needs mass changes to get any decent or competitive PKer's interested.

Edited by Sabbath, 22 October 2010 - 02:29 AM.

#29 bkc56

bkc56

Black Panther

• Members
  • 2254 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Lego, Video/Computer games

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:48 AM

There's still the risk of the big pp buyer, why should I bother while it exists?

That would actually be a trivial change that I would support for the server: removal of the Nexus removal stones.

You could still "buy" nexus. You could still remove attributes to re-configure a character. You just couldn't remove nexus to turn them into more PPs for attributes.

Although, honestly, I don't think anyone is doing that now on the PK server because it's simply too much work. Although some (including myself) are using hydro for any future nexus points.

#30 ProHibited

ProHibited

Leprechaun

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:39 PM

About the breakages, you need to consider a different kind of build if you feel like you are breaking too much. To not break armor get 48 toughness and to not break weapons make sure you use a weapon with which you do not hit too often.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users