Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wormwood

Att & Def Level's Difference

Hi,

Currently my char is at Att 45, Def 53 and he follows Aluwen. May I know if the Att and Def difference is too much and if so, how will it affect my char? Many thanks :)

While your defense is a little on the heavier side, your current levels will pale before the XP you will need to earn by, say, 30-50 levels from now. Hence, the attack lag will evaporate if you work on it. If you follow good training attrib guides like Korrode's here: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51536 , your attack and defense will be at their optimal levels throughout your development. All the best :)

Earlier on, with low monster hps, and lots of training mobs have a>d (orcs, ogres etc.), it's natural to build up a gap between a/d. Some people don't mind this and continue to let the gap rise, or you could switch to the attack god later on and try to even up the gap. Doesn't make a massive difference tbh.

I am not really a pro fighter. I am more of a blacksmith. Here is info on me though.

96/103 a/d

24/42 p/c

I recently put a number of pickpoints into coord to help me hit more. I needed to use a sword to hit things that gave me xp that I found acceptable.

I have no idea what your other stats are since you didn't post your character name or full stats. I think I was on either troll or male ogre when I was at your level and I could stretch out male ogre for a bit of xp when I fought them.

One nice thing about having a high defense is you can stretch out the xp from some monsters while using less healing supplies. You could also have good tank potential if you have the right stats and a defense level that is higher than your attack level. You won't be able to take down a monster very fast in an instance though without a cutlass or some other high accuracy sword to help you hit.

When it comes to combat, I would also suggest a guide like Korrode's (he knows his combat training). It does people who are serious about combat (I am not all that serious about it) good.

Thanks for the advice guys :)

I restarted awhile back and is currently following Korrode's guide.

Nathanstenzel, my in game name is anixos. Training on Female Orcs atm.

Having a higher defence than attack is a good thing when it comes to training. if you have higher def, your not getting hit as much so you take less damage, saving he/srs while allowing you to stay on the spawn for a longer period of time, getting more experience per hour and saving money while doing so.

The only time you might want a more even number would be when you start to PK (assuming that you do), so you would want to switch to attack god to even up the gap a bit more then.

EDIT: and also, you might want to look at my guide (link) for the time being until you start to train on desert chim and up. my guide starts from the very beginning of character making and ending to where korrode's guide starts. Either way, you wont be going the wrong way if you look one or the other, korrode is a pr0 guy and KNOWS the combat system, and somewhat an influence on my guide (more geared to being able to PK your own levels early, while still getting pr0 exp) :> (R.I.P. wWw, was best times in EL ^^.)

Edited by ChrisC