Eternal Lands Official Forums
LevinMage

Places to train?

I only trained my ranging skill during that last huge invasion of high level monsters in Bethel when they were all pinned to the wall, which made it very easy to use up my arrows.

I just bought another large supply of training arrows/bolts and wanted to know the quickest way to train archery. Is it pvp, is there a great spot to find monsters where I could then shoot them, or wait until the next invasion?

in my experience pvp is the fastest way to lvl ranging.

pvp is expensive, but fast.

shooting rats/imps in an enclosed area is more cost effective, but very slow..

There are a few training spots, but why would we give them away? They are most effective with minimal amounts of people :P

There are a few training spots, but why would we give them away? They are most effective with minimal amounts of people :D

Lol, just pm or message me then. What's one more person :(

I summon a bear in a confined area, teleport out then fire away. Its like shooting gnomes in a barrel. You can also remote heal the bear to magic train at the same time. :) WHOOO-hooo!!

:pirate:

Well my advice:

Do pvp, that will get the most xp, only no gold payout...

I normally take life ess with me and go shoot in PV or ida the skunks n racoons summoning gives nice xp, and mana fills up while hunting.. and no other archers around like on the NC castle walls

Also try arching during invasions lots of nice spots on c2 where u are completely safe (TP2R) (arius, willowvine) make a h-bag with arrows and wait for an invasion, then take the spot and fire at will

GL on ranging ;)

PvP range but watch out for other players because you wont be engaged in battle

Edited by Ghrae

Well my advice:

Do pvp, that will get the most xp, only no gold payout...

From what I have noticed people that range don't get the bags for the most part because either...

1. Someone jumps on the bag and takes the fur/meats/bones/coin

AND/OR

2. They are on the walls and don't want to travel back down to grab the bags

I would say that PVP is the best for working the skill but it IS more fun if you practice on actual creatures.

Basically I am trying to say this...

If your only motivation for working ranging is for the lvls then PVP is for you and if you are ranging for the love of shooting the arrows then go out and explore different maps to find nice spots to pick off some creatures.

PaulB

I think one decent place to get solid exp in low 20s high teens is in the rat house on C1, go stand on corner on bed and shoot away. Rang 18 I was hitting 85-90% of the time so pretty good exp, plus you can stock on rat supplies if you want to summon later.

Pin yeti to Fort Telmont wall, at low level it will take 120-140 arrows to take one down. If lucky you'll pin two :) Watch for fightrs killing your yeti though ... Same for Bethel, although dcw do not last long

Absolutely best option however is to team up with a good fighter to shoot something big, like a giant or at least cocka when s/he fights it. Pure fun and benefit for both.

Absolutely best option however is to team up with a good fighter to shoot something big, like a giant or at least cocka when s/he fights it. Pure fun and benefit for both.

You can also shoot other monster nearby to bring them into the battle - thus getting multi for the fighter.

hmm before I reset i was fighting clops while a friend was shooting them with arrows

quite a few times the clops actually disengaged me and went for my friend who fortunately was standing a good distance away

just a side not to the teaming up on clops thing, theyre smarter than they look lol the buggers will diss and run for you

it is easy for a fighter to engage a creature again before it reaches you, s/he can cast any offensive spell on it and it'll turn back

If you have a patient summoner, the WS summon arena is a great place. I've been there to summon wolves and got some friends to shoot at them (and the occasional polar bear for fun) from the two towers surrounded the arena. If you get a few archers, the summons will go down like nothing so you don't have to wait too long (for the summoner) and the archers can get great exp depending on how far the summons are made.

Edited by teehee

if you want a place to train just pm me in game therealpooks.... i will let u pvp in my cave for a small charge but at least ur safe no chance of anyone comeing in... I have a couple of bots

look for a small map with a place higher up where you can climb and shoot animals/monsters from (unfortunately most of these places are taken by A/D trainers most of the time).

personaly i just stand at the beam and shoot whatever critters run by. you can make some money selling what the drop but im usualy too lazy to pick it up.

I always hoped that you could use the arrow targets you see in a few maps to train ranging.

this idea is actually really good...unfortunately it makes too much sense to fit into the EL way of things. :P

It would be acceptable only if after a certain number of shots target becomes unusable and you have to choose another one elsewhere, otherwise that would be way too easy. One of the most severe obstacles in fast leveling of ranging is lack of targets (with sufficient HP) to shoot tonnes of arrows needed for the level. For this reason I'd be very cautious with using these.