Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sistema

Want to have a guild map?

Can you have a npc that does nothing. Like all he does is tell info about the guild etc and List upcoming guild events?

Nope. That is the job of a bot.

Or maybe you could use the new book feature, so that you can read a book (this is not like the knowlege books, its when you "use" a book that you can see on a map and it brings up another window which has a book with writing in it that you can read) and it tell's you info on your guild. I'm just not sure if that feature works yet, and if you are aloud to use it on a guild map

Edited by Kedan

its when you "use" a book that you can see on a map and it brings up another window which has a book with writing in it that you can read) and it tell's you info on your guild.
That's an interesting idea, and is already in use on a particular guild map (afaik).

The problem that he has is he wants something that can be updated with new events and such things. That wouldn't be possible with this as everytime he wanted to change the events listed, he would need to have that book either updated on the server (which generally requires a restart), or to have the updated book distributed to all the clients (ie added to the auto update).

I'm just not sure if that feature works yet
That feature has been functional for ages. Have a look at the fireplace on IP. ;-)

and if you are aloud to use it on a guild map
Yes you are allowed to. At least I assume you are because I know of one such book already.

ah yeah you have a point about needing it to be updated, it could only work if it doesn't need updating alot. So i guesss this could work for something like a guild history or guild rules, maybe even a list of guild leaders (but this depends on how often your guild gets new leaders)

And i didn't know about the book in IP, i will have to go check it out :D

very nice post sistema, im sure it will be usefull to people ;) I think you've mention most things, all apart from you can have certain parts of you map pk and other parts not, meaning you could have pvp training area's, or a pk entrance or anything else you can think of

so u can make a whole half of the map one big pk arena if u want it 2

• We can have two entrances and two exits to two different maps as long as they're not strategically chosen.

Is there no consideration of distance between maps? For example there could be an entrance in Tahraji and one in Tarsengaard, even if the distance between both maps is greater than the guild map's size?

No. There is no distance limit to where your entrances are.

But do keep in mind that no matter what, the entrances have to be approved by Roja or anyone she gives permission to.

Do entrances and exits have to co-inside, btw? I mean, can you have 2 entrances at this two locations, and the exits at others?

hope this answers your question:

guildmapar9.png

edit: you don't have to have four different place for exits in the guild map, you can have two if you wish ^^

Edited by sisteMa`

In the design I was thinking of there would be many exits (all leading to the same map) and only 1 or two entrances. Are you saying that all exits need to have a corresponding entrance?

I guess I can consolidate those multiple exit locations into one by using a non-pk zone. Do I have to do that?

According to what Sistema is saying, it needs to be like, for example, naralik. There is one place where you can leave the map into grumbani, and that same place is where you enter from grumbani. There is another place where you can leave the map into morcraven marsh, and that is the same place where you enter from morcraven marsh.

In simple terms, what he is saying is that the entrance and exit points have to coincide.

If a guild map was created with 2 entrance/exit portals, do both of the portals need to be on the same continent? Specifically could one entrance and exit portal be on c1 and the other on c2?

New regulation concerning guildmaps:

After you get your guildmap put in an update, you are allowed to send me your map fixes for future updates ONLY ONCE per update*! And NO ENTRANCE CHANGES are allowed from now on!

So if you have bugs, you better get them all fixed the first time you email me your map. I will not accept any other emails from you to put the map on the test server every other day because you missed a bug or something.

*Until this gets out of hand as well. If we have too many people wanting to update their guildmaps with every update, and too many guildmaps, we will also disallow this, or charge for it. It's ok now until further notice.

What needs to be added to the .def file to make fruit harvestable on a guild map, what needs to be added to make a campfire lightable and how do I define the arena area?

Edited by Jon Finch

Harvesting fruit:

Since your map is a guildmap, harvesting should be disabled:

[general]

map_name: `<name>`

allow_multicombat: 1

allow_harvesting: 0

allow_rain: 0

allow_combat: 0

[/general]

In order to get the fruit harvestable, you will need to add the following to your .def:

[attributes]

[allow_harvesting]

min_x: x1

min_y: y1

max_x: x2

max_y: y2

value: 1

text: Happy harvesting *wink*

[/allow_harvesting]

[/attributes]

And for the Lightable Campfires:

You don't really add this to your .def, just send it in to Roja or who ever you're supposed to be sending it to in a text file, and they will do what is needed.

{0,0,mapid#,objID#,x,y,0},

ex:

//"Isla Prima Outside, startmap.elm"

{0,0,0,547,105,146,0},

//"Isla Prima Insides, startmap_insides.elm"

{0,0,2,111,52,58,0},

{0,0,2,112,55,18,0},

{0,0,2,113,13,24,0},

{0,0,2,114,23,63,0},

Your MapID should be given to you by Roja (if you've sorted out the payment, etc)

More info in the original campfire thread

Cheers! :confused:

- Sistema.

Edited by Sistema

Harvesting fruit:

In order to get the fruit harvestable, you will need to add the following to your .def:

[attributes]

[allow_harvesting]

text: Happy harvesting *wink*

[/allow_harvesting]

[/attributes]

Cheers! :)

- Sistema.

Text in Attributes are t be disabled last i checked :)

I have a big grape vine in a garden on my map for the harvestable fruit but there are a quite a few bunches of grapes on the vine. Can I only make one of the grape objects harvestable or can I make all the grapes on that vine harvestable? Otherwise people have to figure out which grape to click which would be a bit of a pain in the butt.

Oh, and I still need to know about defining the area for the arena.

Thanks,

Theladin

Edited by Jon Finch

well have the harvestable furit in the corner of the area and surround it with a text saying where it is (Not in the attributes)

*sighs* time to go re edit lol...

I have a big grape vine in a garden on my map for the harvestable fruit but there are a quite a few bunches of grapes on the vine. Can I only make one of the grape objects harvestable or can I make all the grapes on that vine harvestable? Otherwise people have to figure out which grape to click which would be a bit of a pain in the butt.

As long as all the grapes are in the same location it's alright.

Arena:

[attributes]

[allow_combat]

[/allow_combat]

[/attributes]