Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Raz

AP and how it works....

This is what I think - feel free to shoot me down.

AP affects the chance of a hit to do critical damage to an opponent.

Everyone, regardless of lvl with max AP has the same chance to Crit hit every time that they hit.

BUT:

The chance to hit (and amount of damage done) is affected by:-

Ranging lvl

Bow

Arrow

Perception

WH perk

etc.

Therefore the better your equipment / lvl the more total number of crit hits you will get and the more damage you do.

This is what I think - feel free to shoot me down.

AP affects the chance of a hit to do critical damage to an opponent.

Everyone, regardless of lvl with max AP has the same chance to Crit hit every time that they hit.

BUT:

The chance to hit (and amount of damage done) is affected by:-

Ranging lvl

Bow

Arrow

Perception

WH perk

etc.

Therefore the better your equipment / lvl the more total number of crit hits you will get and the more damage you do.

Yes. Let's say you're shooting at a giant that's pinned to you in Bethel. Notice how when you hit it you do between 0 and say 20 damage, but a lot of the time you hit it for 0? If you max out your level with the pots you'll hit it for 20 more often than not.

This has nothing to do with actual critical to damage hits. It just adds the 60% chance to deal the damage past armour _after_ the hit is succesful.

Agreed with first post.

This has nothing to do with actual critical to damage hits. It just adds the 60% chance to deal the damage past armour _after_ the hit is succesful.

Agreed with first post.

Exactly.

(And your avitar is pr0.)

Exactly. I believe (and I hope to confirm that soon on the test server) that this is too powerful. I think (still unconfirmed) that for top rangers at the current skill level already this will give close to 100% of chance to deal damage at short range. Unfortunately I do not have ranging perks so someone will have to check that as well, but the perk will make it even more powerful. Besides, I think one should excell at skill by practicing rather than by buying stuff.

UPDATE (real results from test server):

After using 15 potions - I have used 150 training bolts less than normally to kill a dragon

Side note: I hope everyone realizes that this is great for killing things faster, so not that great for training exp-wise.

UPDATE 2:

Many thanks to Raz for helping me to max out Archery AP !

After using 60 potions - I have used 350 less training bolts than normally to kill a dragon. The number of criticals was roughly 90-95%. Deadly*. Comparing 0 AR to 60 AR the savings in terms of gc are great, the drop in exp/creature is immense.

Side note: a 33 gc drop from a dragon is kinda ... humiliating (for a dragon of course) :(:lurker:

*Disclaimer: results may vary at your ranging level. A benefit of this potions shows fully when you do not miss.

Edited by Cruella

OK in the update section it says this potion PERMANENTLY increases critical rate

By permanent, does it mean everlasting ?

You drink your 60 potions and get 100% critical rate and this is forever ?

I know permanent usually means forever, i'm just a little surprised that anything in EL is permanent ...........

The only negitive thing for the rangers with this, is it will make pvp range trainning a bit harder on your partner :icon13:

The only negitive thing for the rangers with this, is it will make pvp range trainning a bit harder on your partner :icon13:

Levelling will be a killer!

Do not *repeat* do not take this unless you are at a high lvl.

Also please note things may well change to make AP worthless

I have one more concern. Practically soon we will be lacking creatures tough enough to train ranging on. There are just three dragon spawns in game, and one of them is practically useless for ranging. Next in line are giants with their 800 hp - I'm pretty sure I will be getting roughly 500 exp / giant after maxing my AP with these potions. Imagine killing 400 giants for the level ? And just to remind everyone, top rangers are not even close in levels to any other skill leaders.

For this reason, I would love to see some creatures with a lot of hp being added, in order to allow rangers to train at reasonable pace (a map with a few Labagiu or whatever these are called would be nice, of course with a way lower chance for any special drops, or drops tweaked).

Side note: under current conditions, in order to hypotetically excell from 99 to 100 ranging one would need to shoot a target constantly, every 2.3 seconds, with no misses, 24/7 for ..... over 400 hours :icon13:

Edit: spelling

Edited by Cruella

once every 160 hours ??? train your a/d there :icon13:

btw, in the 80-100 instance there is a perfect place for that ..... :icon13:

Edited by Cruella

With 60% AP, WH and ER perks it takes 100 pk bolts to kill one ice dragon. Time consumed roughly 7 minutes. Cost will be lower than what PK bolts cost, because using training bolts brings same or even better result thanks to passing armour radically as Cruella too says in her previous post (criticals roughly 90-95%) Result being 3 training instead of one PK, gc value 30 instead of 35/45 :)

For training this brings a problem needing to kill more monsters to get the same exp, but gives longevity thanks to gc profit. Though only possible place for profit is in Hulda, which will be a nice active playground once ppl get moneyhungry. Shame the market can't handle the endless ice dragon armours. Ofc we get items needing ice scales once the problem arises (assuming everyone gets all huggy and not kill eachother in Hulda + form a cartel to keep scale/armour price up etc) but this probably won't solve the issue.

But this I must say, the 60% is effin great for PK! Dealing constant 40+ damage with PK bolt/arrow will hurt bad, and add a nice spice to it. Shame there's not too many archers interested in PK yet.

All in all, I like it.

Relocated Viorel to Naralik.

Fixed a few invasion day problems, and the jegos monster will give some gold if killed during invasions.

Fixed a bug when great swords would sometimes dissapear after being repaired by the NPC.

Increased the chance of the great swords (the non special ones only) to break. The rate is still pretty low though.

Decreased the radiation protection of the dragon armors.

Increased the radiation protection of some of the iron, bronze, steel and titanium armor.

Moved the lions from KJ to Hurquin.

Changed the alchemy level a little for the enriched essences formulas.

New potion that permanently increases your archery chance to score a critical hit by 1%, up to 60% (it stacks). You can find it at Tanta.

The Dvarium can be harvested and smelted. Some uses for the bars will come soon.

you cannot get up to 100%. only 60%

The remaining 35% comes probably from your ranging level, bow and arrow accuracy bonus, probably perk helps as well. Anyway - 95% of criticals confirmed both with bow and pk arrows, as well as xbow and training bolts.

I have tested my critical or AP rate and got the following:

Archery AP: 22

Bow: Elven & Long (same results)

Target: Stationary human player

Exp: 16

Shots: 588 (100%)

Hits 530 (90.1%)

Critical: 239/530 (45.1%)

If AP still adds 1% to this critical rate, the theoretical maximum from my test data would be 83.1%. What are your thoughts on this?

Also, I get a hit ratio of 90% on 16 exp shots, my maximum exp/arrow lies around 18 exp shots. (~15 exp/arrow, ~83% hits, need larger sample size to get more accurate data)

What are the rates at which you guys shoot?

Oct 25 2009

"Some changes in the PvP formula to make the fights a little bit more 'fair'."

Sep 11 2009

"Fixed a bug with the Evanescence bug, also added a 5% chance to dodge hits (which applies to everyone fighting, including monsters)."

Mar 5 2009

"New potion that permanently increases your archery chance to score a critical hit by 1%, up to 60% (it stacks). You can find it at Tanta."