Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nixxy4ever

afk fighting at spawns should be bannable

for ages now when i go to do my dailies i see some moron sat at the middle of the spawn afk, obviously lower def than the mob so they attack him, takes forever to do my dailies because of people like this. yes i know its not against the rules but surely it should be as it is really annoying and total bs

it useto be ban... and then it was unban and i think it should stay allowed... its not total BS, its a specialty build... but whats good for you about it is if you take in healing essence and heal the creature that is atting the afk fighter then you can kill the fighter and he will lose a rosto or items and that will make your day happyer...

:D

Part of this problem was fixed with moving ignore levels of some creatures from combat level to defense level.

I'm not sure what can be done about the rest apart from racing the AFKer for the monsters.

took over an hour to kill 30 fem orcs, its so annoying, sure i could race them but when they are right in the middle i can never usually get to them fast enough and i could heal them but would be a waste of essences as they wouldnt learn anything from it

Yes and player was AFK there on Sun Tzu. All four spawn in same general area but AFK player was in closer to exit area as has been there many times when I went in mine.

Is it against the rules to block resources from an AFK player?

it useto be ban... and then it was unban and i think it should stay allowed... its not total BS, its a specialty build... but whats good for you about it is if you take in healing essence and heal the creature that is atting the afk fighter then you can kill the fighter and he will lose a rosto or items and that will make your day happyer...

It should stay allowed? If you mean the build, then sure, build your character however you please. However, AFK fighting, no way that should be allowed. Because if we allow this, we should also allow macroing and botting. Same result, just another method to achieve it. If you don't have time to play, then don't play.

So I would suggest the following: if you suspect a player from being AFK and he/she is still fighting then use an #abuse to bring this under the attention of a mod and have that player banned. If that is not in the rules now, then put them in there.

Edited by Faxie

So I would suggest the following: if you suspect a player from being AFK and he/she is still fighting then use an #abuse to bring this under the attention of a mod and have that player banned. If that is not in the rules now, then put them in there.

NO!

Has been done, and AFK training was found to be within the game rules.

So all you do with an #abuse for AFK training is to annoy everyone involved (including yourself, the time we look into it tends to interfere with _your_ playing as well).

Now, if you have reasons to suspect it's not just AFK training that's of course another matter, but for now, AFK training in itself is allowed.

(Note that afk training is bannable in invances which have their own specific rules, and indeed #abuse it there when you see it)

Edited by revi

NO!

Has been done, and AFK training was found to be within the game rules.

So all you do with an #abuse for AFK training is to annoy everyone involved (including yourself, the time we look into it tends to interfere with _your_ playing as well).

Now, if you have reasons to suspect it's not just AFK training that's of course another matter, but for now, AFK training in itself is allowed.

(Note that afk training is bannable in invances which have their own specific rules, and indeed #abuse it there when you see it)

Afk mob farming allowed???? LMAO, I will make 10 of those chars and run them while I sleep ...

(MOD edit by revi: I moved the added line outside my quoted text)

Edited by revi

In all honestly, this "specialty" build you are so happy about is not special anymore since many people are going back to it after the addition of MLF.

But even with the classic build of high vitality, full p/c and only 4 will, with amount of negative perks out there and some knowledge of the combat system in EL, I can make an alt that can farm female orcs at early 20s a/d and hardly get damage. In fact, I have done that before and more than once.

If they want to run the risks of afk training, fine. You can serp them, you can heal the monsters, or have someone with high level mag heal them. At 80k+ for a rosto, they drop a few and they'll feel the pain. Besides level 2 votd underground has it's share of invasions, They'll get caught sooner or later