Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
deneochris

Your opinion on ranging.

why do you ppl use diss rings? the creature will not attack you if you shoot it from a proper distance (not less than 4 tiles between you and the target) and preferably it shouldn't be moving towards you when you aim - keep these simple rules and you'll never break any bow

why do you ppl use diss rings? the creature will not attack you if you shoot it from a proper distance (not less than 4 tiles between you and the target) and preferably it shouldn't be moving towards you when you aim - keep these simple rules and you'll never break any bow

If you were to pk you would want to keep diss ring with you unless you want to take your bow off and switch to sword wouldnt you?

Although if you were to keep inviable potions with you, you wouldnt have to worry about being engaged in combat while ranging in pk unless your opponent is true sighted

You are right, and the bows i broke were in my first weeks of ranging, before i know these basics. But i keep my rings because even i have a animal in the perfect place i seem to freeze sometimes in the moment i shoot the arrow, when the arrow hit the creature might have turned and come closer.

But i realy would like to know if a com/col can be damages when someone shoot on you.

~Lan~ ;)

lanjelin I would say yes , it probably is possible to have these items break during PVP ranging, as you are going to take damage from the shots and I assume that this damage , as any other combat damage , could break an item you are wearing.

I might be wrong, but logic tells me it will be possible. However as a side note, from all the PVP ranging ive done, havent broken a single peice of armor, but i do have NMT perk.........

never broke anything in pvp ranging, shooting 5k arrows per level on each other now ....

btw, what has ranging training in common with pk in terms of diss rings ... go figure

i have a broken like 123 training arrows

I've broke one bow but only about 30 arrows, however it seems "every" time I'm attacked I break an arrow. Is it a 100% break chance or it must at least be very high - even when its snakes/boars I always loose my training arrow on first strike. Anyone know break rate?

i have a broken like 123 training arrows

I've broke one bow but only about 30 arrows, however it seems "every" time I'm attacked I break an arrow. Is it a 100% break chance or it must at least be very high - even when its snakes/boars I always loose my training arrow on first strike. Anyone know break rate?

Assume it is 100% and never allow it to happen, since each time you fight anything with your bow and arrow equipped both might break. It is better to be safe than sorry :) What I do when I see the creature will surely attack is to unequip bow/xbow asap, same for arrow/bolt. There is enough time usually to do both before combat begins.

As for the CoL/CoM/MoL breakage, I am not sure, but MoL does heal you sometimes when you get hit by arrows (which would probably mean that you can damage other armors too).

As for arrows breakage, it breaks if you successfully hit your opponent. I have been engaged in battle with dragons many times in invasions (used a diss ring of course), but never broke a single arrow while fighting them. Although some PKers use arrows for additional magic/fire/ice/whatever damage in battle, I'd like to hear what they have to say.

As for the CoL/CoM/MoL breakage, I am not sure, but MoL does heal you sometimes when you get hit by arrows (which would probably mean that you can damage other armors too).

Yes, MoL does heal you when you get hit, but arrows still do not degrade any armor as of today.

As for arrows breakage, it breaks if you successfully hit your opponent. I have been engaged in battle with dragons many times in invasions (used a diss ring of course), but never broke a single arrow while fighting them. Although some PKers use arrows for additional magic/fire/ice/whatever damage in battle, I'd like to hear what they have to say.

Special arrow plus sword combinations work fine, but you just lose arrows very fast if hitting your target successfully.