Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
morrigan

Asclepius/Multanex scammers - BEWARE

These 2 toons are scammers, trust and deal with them at your own risk, they will try to scam you at some point

They should be banned in my opinion, if you agree then please feel free to post your opinions as well

Im sure some will disagree, so please feel free to explain why you would like known scammers kept in game

You were channel muted (can't talk on the channels for 20 minutes) by revi.

This is all I get when I try to say something about this fucking situation.

People get banned for breaking rules.

Scamming is not against the rules.

You cannot get banned for scamming.

You share your password at your own risk (rule 8)

Moderation is not a topic for public discussion (rule 2)

And then there are rule 1,2, 5-7 which are constantly broken in discussions about this topic

With respect to the rules of this forum, proof is needed of accusations, which I do not see.

So please give me a reason why I should leave this thread here?

Ask Radu if you want proof, although I am pretty sure it will have been discussed by the Mod team so you all know exactly to what I am referring.

As for not breaking rules, no he hasnt, and yes it was naive of Cad to give his password. None of that I dispute.

However, my point is that in exceptional circumstances where proof has been given (by dint of his own mouth) that a character has been stolen (call it scammed or whatever, all amounts to same thing) that things can be done about it.

Not by the Mod team - Im not asking you too and you certainly shouldnt as that would be a violation of the rules as they exist. However the game owner could.

If you think it is a good idea to lock this topic then please go ahead however be aware that by doing so you are effectively playing into the hands of these 2 scammers and almost semi-condoning what they have done which is not a good example to set everyone else.

I would like to see more comments and replies on this thread so we can see what the mood and opinion of both the players and Mods are towards what has happened.

As for rule 2, like I said, there is nothing that Mods can do about it, I accept that so I am most certainly not 'discussing moderation' and to suggest or infer otherwise as you have in your post is being disingenuous

Well, I did try to explain why the moderators can't do anything; effect: zero.
Given that, and the "friendly reactions" in @6 and local chat (let's not even start about PMs...),
make me decline your invitation to discuss anything further here.

And, as a moderator I'm also bound by the rules about not discussing moderation.

Just one thing: you started this thread, which means you have to support any accusations with proof.
"Ask Radu if you want proof" does not replace or fulfill that obligation on your part.

How about rule #1 and rule #7?
pls change rules description to: "making shit to others- these are a normal part of gameplay and will be treated as such."

8. Do Not Give Out Your Password.
Once you give your password out to anyone for any reason, even for the purpose of character sharing, you relinquish all rights to that character. Eternal Lands is not responsible for the return of your character or account, or for the actions of your character once you have disclosed your password. Characters that break the rules can and will be locked, regardless if "someone else" was on it.

Rule 8 will not be changed. We refuse to waste our time dealing with situations created by people who knowingly ignore this rule and willingly and voluntarily hand out their passwords.

In this situation, the "victim" knew full well the consequences and chose to take the risk anyway. The rules warned him and prior experience warned him.

That said, I would never trust these two people and would not be unhappy to see people like this leave. They add no benefit to the game. I also would prefer character sharing/buying/selling was completely against the rules as well. Unfortunately, I'm probably s*** outta luck on both.

I also would prefer character sharing/buying/selling was completely against the rules as well. Unfortunately, I'm probably s*** outta luck on both.

That probably would add to the game a lot.

We refuse to waste our time

Why you can not create automatic password restoring system for example via electronic mail? It will solve many problems at once...

Edited by kapbepucm

Char selling, swapping or sharing shouldn't be allowed! Ever!

8. Do Not Give Out Your Password.

That said, I would never trust these two people and would not be unhappy to see people like this leave. They add no benefit to the game. I also would prefer character sharing/buying/selling was completely against the rules as well. Unfortunately, I'm probably s*** outta luck on both.

Aislinn for mod...

surely there could be a poll created to see EL player base thoughts on toon sharing and gc buying, like what happen for changing rule 5

Edited by Rokk

Ok, my first reaction to the last post by Kapbepucm was: "get rid of it", as it is absolutely irrelevant to the discussion... after discussion, we decided to leave it in place

Edited by revi

They add no benefit to the game. I also would prefer character sharing/buying/selling was completely against the rules as well. Unfortunately, I'm probably s*** outta luck on both.

+1

Why you can not create automatic password restoring system for example via electronic mail? It will solve many problems at once...

This kind of functionality (email password recovery procedure) is a standard almost in every game. Good point.

This kind of functionality (email password recovery procedure) is a standard almost in every game. Good point.

So what happens when I sell you my character, and then I retrieve it from you via automated password recovery?

Edited by darrock

So what happens when I sell you my character

It is another topic for discussion similar like "So what happens when I sell you my character and I do not receive paypal money from buyer". We discuss here about moral aspects stealing character(s) and how to prevent another shit.

Edited by kapbepucm

So what happens when I sell you my character, and then I retrieve it from you via automated password recovery?

Ideally two things:

* all your chars and all chars of the other person are perma-banned

* You'll be prosecuted on grounds of fraud and subsequently fined or jailed.

Ideally two things:* all your chars and all chars of the other person are perma-banned* You'll be prosecuted on grounds of fraud and subsequently fined or jailed.

+1

How is this topic a topic?

You/your friend got scammed because of asininity and now you want to punish the one who did it? How else will you/he learn and evolve?!

wow, asininity! what a great word, I actually had to look up the meaning of that one. Brilliant and thank you

But to answer, yes, I think he should be punished, isnt that what civilized cultures (and the not so civilized) do to thieves?

Well, civilized cultures don't pass ex post facto laws. That principle is enshrined in the US Constitution, in fact. It's not considered fair play by most people to change the rules to punish something that wasn't against the rules when it happened.

There are a lot of people to some would like to see leave game, as well as many who add no benefit to the game..including this topic starter and many of the people flaming in it..however you have to realize that like darrock said, you cant change the rules to benefit a certain party to make something illegal after it happens and punish them like that rule existed then. Would be more beneficial for the mods to do things to make gameplay more enjoyable than deal with more rules that are hard to enforce.

Not to mention this particular topic has gotten way old and not going anywhere..maybe move on and find something else to bitch about

Oh dear Talon, you couldn't resist a personal dig could you. After Im trying to do something nice for someone as well. Let us hope that it never happens to your shared characters then Talon. You might have to go see a doctor and get some very expensive medical bills with the sharp U turn you would undoubtedly pull if it did.

To be clear, Im not asking for a rule change, I dont think its needed to deal with this situation satisfactorily, and the issuing of any punishment/banning is my opinion only (which I realise is worthless in the grand scheme of things before you decide to point it out Talon). Im just trying to see what everyone else thinks

Oh dear ... Im just trying to see what everyone else thinks

I think there are many other MMORPG games a person can play. I also think this topic is about warning others about new disputes, any other discussion is pointless.

A reminder about "bumping":

13. No Spamming.
Spamming is excessively communicating the same post, phrase, similar phrases, or bumping or posting without any real content. Do not post for the sole purpose of increasing your post count (i.e. popularity contests, post bumping, cross posting).