Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
niemand

more xp in magic school

Do you get more xp in magic school for magic spells ?

Like when you manu in manu school you loose item but get double xp ..

if thats true then surely it must be broken.

Should magic in magic school

lose essences + lose mana = no magic effect + double exp??

Edited by MagpieLee

One would aspect that indeed, unless : you will faill less on spells or would be able todo higher lvl spells, so you could gain more xp. (somewhat like using blessing/pots but with also a lower failrate)

The benfit of magic schools is that you can cast offensive spells there...like Harm.

For some time Mana Drain gave magic exp in the schools but that has been changed.

But I agree that the magic schools are petty useless now. :cry:

But what about the Tarsengaard Magic School? There are some monsters there, as well as a PK area. I wouldn't want to go in there without some HEs on me!

One would expect that indeed, unless : you will fail less on spells or would be able to do higher lvl spells, so you could gain more xp. (somewhat like using blessing/pots but with also a lower fail rate)

But if that were true, magic would become a skill like all the rest. I prefer it being a more difficult skill than most, and, as a mage myself, I like being a maverick! >:P

Unfortunately, I must agree that the magic schools at present are not very useful as far as exp is concerned. But I still enjoy them as places of mystery and beauty.

can i do poison/harm as people walk by? :confused: i'd love that if i killed some 1 just chillaxin walking by me as they go to where ever they are going xD

yes you can in the right areas!!!

to be honest really, I think the problem with the magic skill at the moment is more to do with the need for more spells....

I still dont understand how or even if magic schools 'work' now. :D

Magic School = Magic Only PK

To clarify ;)

There is no bonus given atm so school is a confused term. Look at it more like "fighting schools" but in this case "magic fighting schools".

The other things you see on this thread are ideas, suggestions and queries :pickaxe: I hope that helps

There is also a discussion emerging over the fact the Mana Drain spell gives no XP there and the usefulness of Magic Schools. I believe MD lost its XP after some guilds abused the total war options to mana drain at storages and the result was no mana drain xp anywhere except pk, I could be wrong. Seeing as the main leveling spells are Shield/Magic Immunity and Mana Drain, actual schools would be better to have a fast regeneration property and small (2 man) pockets of pk (or magic-pk with MD xp returned) I think, though part of the Mana Drain game is that it requires the players that are using it to be in danger.

One other note is that the magic schools being discussed are the ones that have the magic-pk. TG Magic School is not one of these, among many others.

Edited by kailomonkey