Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PaulB

Please read map makers.

I am interested in having a private guild map designed.

It will need to be completed BEFORE the next major update.

I know exactly what I want for the map so it shouldn't be too hard to complete.

You may PM me in-game or send me a forum PM.

I am not willing to discuss details about the map here so please take it to PM :)

Thanks,

PaulB

just FYI: the next major update will (at least it's planed so) include the new 3D engine, and a new map editor which isn't complete yet, so it would be a bit hard to make a map for the new release without the tools needed :)

just FYI: the next major update will (at least it's planed so) include the new 3D engine, and a new map editor which isn't complete yet, so it would be a bit hard to make a map for the new release without the tools needed ;)

What he said :P

just FYI: the next major update will (at least it's planed so) include the new 3D engine, and a new map editor which isn't complete yet, so it would be a bit hard to make a map for the new release without the tools needed ;)

So people won't be able to have a guild map for an additional year after the next update? :P

What about all the maps that are already in game now?

So people won't be able to have a guild map for an additional year after the next update? :P

What about all the maps that are already in game now?

You'll have to discuss that with Roja and Radu before you commission a map maker to do this.

The old maps will still be available/work, but you'd probably want a "new" map that will have 3d terrain so that's why I told everyone to wait for it.

The old maps will still be available/work, but you'd probably want a "new" map that will have 3d terrain so that's why I told everyone to wait for it.

What does that mean for existing guild maps? Will they be 'automatically' converted, or kept 'as is' (so the guild would have to convert their map and resubmit it if they want the 3D terrain).

If the latter, would there be a charge for the map change?

Does that mean that we could still make a change to the old guild map and submit it for inclusion - both now and after the 3d maps are introduced?

Yes Raz-although there will be some other bigger changes that you'll want to wait for probably...like for instance i'm updating all the ships-the old ships are going in the garbage so you're going to have to update your height maps and such to fit them in, some houses as well and things. This will be a free update for all guildmaps to fix their maps for the new objects if they contain them. You'll get more details on it later when stuff is ready.