Eternal Lands Official Forums
Gogalthorp

Crash on F2 open browser

openSUSE 13.2 FireFox browser

running from the command line and pressing F2 with a URL in play this is the error

gogalthorp@linux:~/eternallands> ./eternallands.sh
(process:7130): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed
Assertion 'pa_atomic_load(&(B)->_ref) > 0' failed at pulsecore/memblock.c:597, function pa_memblock_unref(). Aborting.
./eternallands.sh: line 39: 7114 Aborted $(which padsp) ./el.*.linux.bin $server

Note the setup is the same as previous version with browser noted as firefox.

(B) is ( b ) no spaces

For what it's worth, the 'GLib-CRITICAL' message is caused by Firefox (afaik, some other programs might be causing it as well) and has nothing to do with the EL client.

I'm using OpenSuse 13.2 and an EL client compiled from GIT (pull and compile from this afternoon, say 8h ago) and that's running w/o any glitches so far (specifically, F2 does not cause a crash, but opens a tab in firefox as expected). Also sound works as usual.

Well FF starts and EL crashes. Note Ihad no problem on the previous version

Might need to pull from git but let's see if we get a general update. I can live without the F2 for a while. And in any case the program should not crash on a chain to another program.

Its only the static build that has this problem. Building your own would work fine. Before the server update, I had time to test the 193 version too, that crashed in the same way. If you turn sound & music off before opening the URL then the client does not crash. I'm going to use that as a work around for now (switching off/on as required) and build a new static binary.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.