Eternal Lands Official Forums
SolarStar

The Most Hidden Features

After many years of playing, I still discover new things. I have found the Mana Bar !

Why is it so hidden ? Because there is no keyboard short, there is no checkbox in the options. There is also no configuration tag in the EL.ini. Instead it is safed in binary in the EL.CFG If you have Disable Context Menu like me to prevent opening a menu when clicking on yourself, then you have missed a really usefull feature. Vanyel agrees btw ^^. How often have you died in invasions because you forgot to fill up your mana ? Answer that question for yourself :bangwall:

So, What is your most liked and hidden feature that deserves to be mentioned ? Make a post here and let me know :icon13:

Grüße von

Solar

Edited by SolarStar

Ummm...

What I agreed on was the somewhat random name of the key in el.ini. I wouldn't come up with the name myself. I think you mis-interpreted my words :)

Cheers,

~v

Edited by Vanyel

In other words "Don't tell people so they die in invasions". :lipssealed:

My favorite feature is menu bar. A bit of effort to configure but very useful. I have multiple versions and just add suffix ".no" to ones I do not want and remove ".no" to ones I want to see and click "Reload Menus".

Not sure if it counts as a feature or a mod.

Heard people have their spells on function keys rather than the alt keys. Awesome as.

You can change the keyboard mappings in the file key.ini. This file is normally located in your data directory but you can put a modified version in your configuration directory (it will then be preserved though updates). Make sure you have only one line for each key.

If you change your keyboard mappings, do keep in mind that the system can grab certain combinations, which will thus never be 'seen' by EL...

exemples from my system (and those are the defaults for that OS): Alt-F1, Alt-F3, Alt-F4, Ctrl-F1 to Ctrl-F10; other systems may have different key combinations.

Also, when you modify key bindings like bluap suggests, you are on your own, the moderators cannot help you (i.e. do not use #help_me if you get stuck with this)