Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Artwork Updates

Hey guys,

I'm making this a permanent post where I can post screenshots or pictures of new artwork you can expect for the game!

Basically, it is to replace those status reports I post every so often. I usually make new art every week, and I have a lot of it just sitting on my computer, so I figure that if I can show people it'll at least have more of a use.

------------------------

12/12/08

Mage Robes

Screenshot

12/10/08

New Bronze Helm

12/04/08

Horses 1

Horses 2

10/24/08

Puma

10/20/08

New Bears!

10/4/08

New Gargoyles!

9/26/08

And the ugly Orcs!

9/13/08

And here's the ugliest guy yet(imo anyway) :(

Ogre

Before & After

9/4/08

And here's the next one!

Troll

Before & After

8/26/08

Here's the first of the artwork improvements that I will be working on for the rest of the year:

Cyclops

Before & After

5/16/08

White Dragon Armor

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...=si&img=609

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...=si&img=608

3/1/2008

Here's another new pet :)

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...=si&img=440

2/11/2008

And here is the harvesting pet! Brown, Black, and Gray.

Mules

2/1/2008

Here's the first look at some pets for the game. These pets will be p2p, meaning there'll be some other default pets.

Pet screenshot

Pets

1/28/08

Quivers: Regular, Magic, Fire, Ice, Explosive(top row is for regular bows, bottom are bolts for crossbows)

Bows: Long, Short, Recurve, Elven, Crossbow

1/23/08

White Dragon

Concept Drawing

1/5/08

First test of them in the game:

Bows & Arrows

10/25/07

And the last art update before The Update...Black Dragon Armor!

Now, before you ask why "where are the dragon scales?!?", let me tell you. There will be many different dragons of different colors, and if I was to make dragon scale armor each time, it'd get pretty redundant fast-there's only so many variations of that I can do. So I thought I'd go with making a different style of armor for each dragon color. The scales are ground up and mixed into the metal :P

High Resolution texture pic

In Game Screenshot

(also, not sure if those "gloves" are going in or not, so I left them outta the screenshot).

9/10/07

Some more new hats:

3 new hats

Screenshot

9/6/07

More new clothing outfits!

New outfits

-4 new pairs of pants, and 9 shirts!

Note that the boots in the image above are the same color as your default boots, even though the shape changes a bit.

hardy har har!

-and another new "hat". Comes in black, read, and skull & crossbones :P

8/30/07

Robes

*If you're wondering why the rope belt doesn't hang down, it's because then I would have had to made a separate texture for a skirt without a rope belt, and I didn't want to do that. These "robes" are actually 2 separate items: the shirt and the skirt. All "skirts" will look the same as these.

8/24/07

Some more clothing:

Skirts

There will be other colors, this is light blue. Other colors are: white, black, red, green, blue, brown, gray, purple.

8/17/07

Some new clothing!

Tunics

6/23/2007

Since after the updated I started to work on fixing up the character models. Mainly this was to fix buggy things that made it difficult for me to create new stuff for them. And secondly it was to just overall make them look better, more realistic and natural, without adding too many more polygons.

So here's the result of almost a month of work...as you can see they're a lot less blocky now, and the staff is held properly too :)

Before & After 1

Before & After 2

Before & After 3

Before & After 5

4/26/07

One last creature in before the update!

A Cockatrice

Read about it here: Wikipedia-Cockatrice

4/16/07

The Black Dragon

4/6/07

I didn't care for the mace I made earlier, and since I highly doubt we'll have more than one mace in the game, I decided to redo it and make a cool looking one. So here is the Golden Star Mace.

3/16/07

A Night Vision mask. I picked the owl design because they have great night vision. This you can wear to increase your night time visibility.

Night Vision

3/10/07

A new animal! And yes, I'll more than likely make a lioness too, just don't have time right now.

Lion

3/1/07

A new set of armor! Made from the scales of a red dragon!

Red Dragon Armor

2/23/07

A couple new weapon types: a spear, halberd, and a mace.

New Weapons

2/17/07

The first items in the EL clothing line!

We've got bandanas, Adventurer's caps, tiaras, and crowns. These items won't have any stats, and they will only be available from the EL Shop when the get in game.

Hats

2/14/07

Since I was thoroughly disgusted with how the wolf looked, I decided to redo it:

New Wolf

*Note that the texture shown in the image above is high-res..it will be much lower in the game.

And here's a before/after pic(with actual game res texture shown):

Wolf Before/After

2/13/07

Another bird

Falcon

2/8/07

Flying birds!

Hawk

Hawk Screenshot

1/29/07

Penguins!

Penguins

12/17/06

Dun dun da daa....!

Red Dragon

11/18/2006

Made a new monster, the Feros!

Feros

10/26/2006

A new armor set!

Bronze Armor

And before making the armor I was working a lot on maps. Finished North Redmoon for the update, got the outsides of Willowvine ready. Also worked on the website a bit and other misc. things.

10/7/2006

Lately I've been doing a lot of map fixing and object fixing work, so nothing too exciting. The new maps & map retouching work will continue on until the update almost, so I will mainly be working on that. But I do have a few new cool things that I will do inbetween all that. And here's one of them, a Bronze sword:

Bronze Sword

9/20/2006

Fixed up some more textures on the houses, also did some optimizations on some of the 3d models & textures.

House fixes1

9/15/2006

Started to fix up the house textures that looked like crap. I can't really change the models for 2 reasons: 1. We'd have to fix up all the maps, and in some cases that means make big changes. 2. The only way to really fix them to look nicer is to add more polygons and MORE textures, and that's never a good idea in a game like this.

So I just fixed up the existing textures to look nicer:

House fixes2

9/12/2006

Updated the races page finally with pics of all the playable characters!

http://www.eternal-lands.com/page/races.php

9/10/2006

A new ground tile for WSC. I didn't really like the old one, it was one of my first ground tiles ever made and it looked kinda crappy. So this is the start of fixing up some of those old textures. Hope you like it!

New WSC tile

9/4/2006

A new draegoni skin, white horns/scales:

White Draegoni Skin

9/4/2006

Made 7 new hair colors:

dark brown, strawberry blond, light blond, dirty blond, brownish-gray, dark gray, dark red

New Hair

9/3/2006

Today I made the first normal map for EL, well, hopefully for EL anyway :) We need a programmer to make it happen in the game!

The normal texture is on the left, normal map is on the right.

Normal Map

Here's info on what normal maps are and what they do: Normal_mapping

9/2/2006

I worked this week on fixing up the tree textures, and some of the models. Here are a few samples of Before(on the left), and After pictures:

Trees-before/after1

Trees-before/after2

8/27/2006

A willow tree! I finally got one made that looks decent. It'll be put in new maps with the next client update.

Willow Tree

Kewl, that looks alot nicer IMO. :D

Nice work, once again Roja :P

Nice work! I like the new Tiles for WSC and the new Draegoni looks cool. ;)

I love the willow tree and new WSC tile...and I just might have to get one of those new hair colors when the come out...I've always wanted to be a strawberry blonde! ;)

Fab work ;)