Eternal Lands Official Forums
Cruella

Harvester medallion

My only one harvesting medallion is currently just a dustcatcher in my storage. But good luck Cruella on your painful rite of knowledge :(

If its collection dust in your storage you might want to sell it to someone who wants an extra 100gc while harvesting.

HAHA thats kinda funny that it cost 6Kgc to possibly get a little extra gc while harvesting.

I think that people mostly wear them for the chance at extra exp other than the gold. :P

I'm certain it is the case that folks wear them only for the extra experience

Exactly this is the case, but judging from the statistics based on the numbers provided by Ghrae, these are one of the most expensive exp points you can imagine (1k exp for 1.6 k gc) :)

moreover, same 1k harv exp can be gained just by harving 17-18 tree mushrooms lol

from financial point of view this amulet is a disaster, unless losing 6k gc means nothing to you

Ask blodoks what his cost per xp was before summoning stones. I think you need to look at the skill you're getting xp to determine the worth.

Alchemy or fighting is easy xp.

Even magic isn't so bad if you're fighting.

Ask a tailor if that would be bad though? Hmm... might beat the cost of dung harvesting or square vials. Even with dung harvesting, having a higher harv skill could make it faster for them. And a harv medallion could help them gain levels faster.

I'm not suggesting you go out and buy 20 harv medallions from your guild crafter. But you do have to look at the complete picture over time and then judge for yourself on its worth.

That's what I'm doing - I wasn't referring to any skill other than harvesting :P

The picture is clear and comes from your couters:

Blessing: 177795

Gold: 7668

Breaks: 17

even putting the cost aside, the benefit you've had on the average in terms of experience gained from a single amulet equals experience gained from harvesting 183 tree mushrooms

now I fully agree that everyone shall decide on his/her own whether he prefers to harvest 183 more mushrooms or to spend over 6k gc for the amulet to get the same benefit ...

I got about 20k experince and 200-300 gold on my first one. (I did on tree mush's mostly, and only during harvest exp)

Meh, wasn't really worth it to me, but I like to do something new every now and then :P

~kGn

Update : 6450 + 2190 + 3550 + 3740 + 4390 + 6470 + 4700

while typing, I've got the last blessing :icon13:

new blessings added :D

Edited by Cruella

Ask blodoks what his cost per xp was before summoning stones. I think you need to look at the skill you're getting xp to determine the worth.

Alchemy or fighting is easy xp.

Even magic isn't so bad if you're fighting.

Ask a tailor if that would be bad though? Hmm... might beat the cost of dung harvesting or square vials. Even with dung harvesting, having a higher harv skill could make it faster for them. And a harv medallion could help them gain levels faster.

I'm not suggesting you go out and buy 20 harv medallions from your guild crafter. But you do have to look at the complete picture over time and then judge for yourself on its worth.

yeh, and spending 6k for something that breaks like shit is definitly not worth it. no1 is retarded enough to pay 200k for a harvest lvl 50 to 51.

the medallion is just useless like black dragon armor, bronze sword, cyc summoning.

just as an example, summoning a cyclops costs like 7kgc while every newb with 30 a/d can kill it.

Edited by Tempest

even putting the cost aside, the benefit you've had on the average in terms of experience gained from a single amulet equals experience gained from harvesting 183 tree mushrooms

The point you are completely missing is that the 177k of extra exp Ghrae got was exactly that... EXTRA exp. It is experience points he would not have had at all (well he would have had 10% of it) if he wasn't wearing his meds.

If Att/Def, Alch or Manu had a 120 item limit, don't you think folks would be prepared to take whatever advantage they could get to advance that skill?

Harvesters get told their skill is a "newb skill", yet it is the hardest to level, as harvesting is the only skill that has a limit (plus the maximum exp you can get for a single harvest is around 120exp... depending on rationality), so harvesting exp bonuses are very welcome, and sometimes it is worth paying for the bonuses. You cannot buy experience, but this comes close.

My last harve med survived

# of Harvest Hours = 71

Damage and bad things

---------------------

15 damage Teleports 11

15 radiation Plain stops 3

9 damage

8 Bee sting

8 Bee Sting

7 Bee Sting

11 damage (MN PO)

17 damage (MN PO)

7 Bee Sting

10 damage (MN PO)

6 Bee Sting

6 Bee Sting

15 damage (MN PO)

16 damage (MN PO)

20 damage (MN PO)

7 Bee Sting

10 Bee Sting

17 damage (MN PO)

13 damage (MN PO)

13 damage (MN PO)

10 Bee Sting

7 Bee Sting

9 Bee Sting

leather Gloves destroyed

15 radiation

20 damage (MN PO)

17 damage (MN PO)

15 radiation

13 damage (MN PO)

7 Bee Sting

16 damage (MN PO)

18 damage (MN PO)

leather Gloves destroyed

15 radiation

and gave me...

Exp

---

----

Coins

-----

----

I keep using them

Stewbaby (TC)

Edited by stewbaby

Well, the point you are missing is that your 14k of EXTRA harvesting experience is very little in comparison with the amount required to gain a level. In order to move from 50 to 51 you need 125,472 exp, from 70 to 71 485,538 exp. etc.

From 50 to 90 you need 25,000,000 exp - compare that to to yours 14,000 that came from medallion

Based on this obvious numbers my feeling is that the harvesting medallion is a nice toy, it makes you happy when you get a blessing, but it absolutely has no significant influence on your levelling speed whatsoever since the benefits it offers are negligible compared to the game mechanics.

Of course, as I said a number of times, it is everyone's personal choice whether to use the medallion or not. I'm still using one, but I treat it now as something that gives harving a gambling edge rather than as something that really helps :)

edited spelling errors :D

Edited by Cruella

14k harvest exp = 1 - 2 harvest hours saved.

So i don't agree with you that it's useless. The more exp you get from harv meds, the less time you need to level ...

When you get 200k extra exp from it, you save ~20 harvest hours and i think it isn't bad.

There are people who think it's wasting money, but there are also people that think it's not.

I can train magic by casting restoration while fighting, but i can buy 60k AEs and train on MD...

It only depends if you are willing to pay the extra money to train faster (and for harvesting this is the only chance to get extra exp).

The way I see harvest med :

I get exp when I harvest the ingreds

I get exp when I mix them

I get extra harvest exp and some gc when I use it

The ingreds are cheap, no EFEs or other expensive yngreds.

I use it if I remember to bring if - it's rare :(

If it give me some harvest exp or gc - nice

If not - to make it gave some exp

And better than to use school to level and get no items

14k harvest exp = 1 - 2 harvest hours saved.

Please note that these 14k was obtained during 71 hours of harving (according to the numbers above). I would say (based on my own experience and Mufossa post) that the owner was very lucky that hiis medallion has last that long. Even in such lucky case it just makes 1-2% time savings.

When you get 200k extra exp from it, you save ~20 harvest hours and i think it isn't bad.

You will use 14 medallions and spend 1014 hours harving - 20 hours is still only 1.9% difference (if, I repeat, you are lucky enough that your medallion will last that long)

There are people who think it's wasting money, but there are also people that think it's not.

No question about that :-P

Well i'm not the lucky one :(

I used 2 harv meds and the first broke on 3rd event (and i got only some gc) and the second broke after 10 events (i got ~2k exp)

So i don't use them :)

If i was able to make them, i'd use them for sure ... (like Zamirah said: "The ingreds are cheap, no EFEs or other expensive yngreds.")

nah, that's a bad idea, I'm sure they would be have been scammed immediately by various "dudes" :-p

Like mutha natuer :) First event, harvester medallion gone :(

At level 53 harvest, it may not seem like much. And I'm not here to sell you on "What a great, miracle the Harvest medallion is!!!!~11!". But get your harvest into the 100s. Currently at 103 Harv. I need millions per level. I'm limited to 120 harvs per hour. Do the math, it's a lot of hours. Now, the last 17 medallions have earned me well over 200k harv bonuses. That adds up.

Will I catch the harv leaders with it? No. I'm not saying you're going to fly up the levels. But unless I move to dung, there's no way for me to gain more harv xp during the time I play. And though dung may equal more xp, it means less actual play time (dung takes longer to harv). So a middle ground in playability and a slight increase in harv leveling is a harv medallion.

And, as has been pointed out previously, if magic users can buy AE to burn in MD against a partner, how does this differ? It is spending money for slight increases in a slow skill.

I would say there is no reason to go any deeper into that debate - we can all agree that this thingy gives you a small bonus, and we can agree as well that everyone should decide whether it pays off to use one

However ;-) .... I'd like just to point out that you have had your 17 medallions and you've gained 200k of exp along the course of many, many levels. If it has happended between level 103 and 104, it would allow you to reach 104 a bit (10%) faster.

This is what differs buing harv medallion from buying AE's for MD - slow, negligible progress vs much faster benefit. The difference is with an impact the purchase can have on your leveling speed.

However ;-) .... I'd like just to point out that you have had your 17 medallions and you've gained 200k of exp along the course of many, many levels. If it has happended between level 103 and 104, it would allow you to reach 104 a bit (10%) faster.

6000gc for a Harvest Medallion = Approx 10-11k on average xp

6000gc = 750 AE = 125 Mana Drain Spells = 25k xp (+ rationality bonuses)

What is radically different about this? If you have deep pockets you can buy AE all day long to train. But can you show me a faster way to train Harvest? Something at the same rate? It's a different skill. And while there are similarities (people paying money to try to get some edge on the skill) they don't work the same way. Just like Alchemy doesn't work like Summoning.

The harvest medallion is a bonus to the game. And you can even argue that it is for entertainment value (the joy of getting extra xp). But it can over the long run help with the harvest skill as well, which has no other way to improve xp once you are on dung.