Eternal Lands Official Forums
Learner

Rent-A-Ant

With the current bot rules, they can't really do anything to help you. They can not alch, mule, or attack animals. They are just for fun & looks to have one around.

That would be funny if they could summon though O.o

and what if I had hellspawn? would they follow me to hell or what?

Edited by Aerowind

Usually they will wait where ever they were, but that is one of the reasons they have the 'beam' command so you can try to meet them.

i got a question......, can we rent the ants for in-game items, because first i dont have a paypal account and second i dont have any real money, plz :unsure:

Yeah leaner as they cant really do much appart from look cool, would it be better to make it so you can buy them with in game money? ofcourse it would have to cost alot, maybe 100k for a month or more because you dont want everyone to have one, nad maybe limit it to 50 ant bots rented out at a time, you dont want to put to much lagg on the server, people wopnt be happy if there's like 300 rented ants runing around :P

Why do you think learner want's ingame money ? O.o

The 'come' command has been fixed, when you issue a 'stay' command then walk ot port away and return they will continue to stay until you use 'come' or 'follow'. Some issues with them not tporting in some areas has been fixed.

Please PM if your rented and has other problems or other tports aren't working.

Ha! How about the Queen ant sets up a kiosk right next to Mira.....

We could get our pot from Mira, then see the Queen to rent an ant for a few hundred GC

for the day.....wander the wilds of WSC with the little buggar........

.....point and laugh as a bear eats em....

...I can see some entertainment value here and there.....

storm the problem is you can't make them attack, and you can't buy them with ingame money as of yet

170220[/snapback]

One reason real money is being used is so that everyone doesn't have an ant! That makes them more ineresting to the people that have them and prevents lagfests from everyone having them at once in one place. Just think if everyone in game had an ant and issued the beam command at the same time!

To fine too where an Ant is standing, they now understand forward and backwards along with left & right commands.

Ant's can now dance following there master desired moves. Possible moves are:

s - Sit

t - Stand

l - turn left

r - turn right

f - step forward

b - step back

p - pause

So, a short dance for my ant could look like:

/ant_learner dance s t l r f f b p s p t p l l r r

Hey learner, I would be interested in this but I cannot create new characters (i had to get my current one whitelisted, could you maybe make it for me then give me the psswrd so i can lvl it? Because I would like to level it before i buy it.

A couple of questions:

(i) If I lure my pet ant into a PK area, then can I fight it?

(ii) Will monsters attack the ant?

A rented ant without MM will be attack by monsters, and a rented at on PK can be attack by anyone, just like a normal player.

I think this is a great idea and when i get the money to spare im getting one...i wonder is it againt hte rules tohave your ant sit on your hyperspace bag or any bag for that matter till you get back...like sit ant good boy stay...run to sorage come back make it move get more stuff..and repeat :)

Is there a limit to how many we can rent? Cause if not i would like to rent them all.... hehe :huh:

To reduce problems & complaints by players, there is a limit of one Ant per person.

But when you take them into PK with you and then you get attacked and die, will they attack the person who attacked me, just like the regular ants do?