Eternal Lands Official Forums
Olivine

New C1 C2 Maps available (upgrade to higher resolution maps)

New Tab Maps (zipped map pack) are available at http://www.el-cel.com/info/files.php

The maps are available in two resolutions:

For newer computers please download Olivine Map Pack HiRes (Zip)

For older computers please download Olivine Map Pack LowRes (Zip)

The lower resolution maps should will resolve the problem of the white maps on older computers.

These are current as of July 22, 2013 and include many corrections (listed below)

Previews of individual maps are available on the EL-CEL site Game Components>Maps

and through the following link:

https://drive.google...dEk&usp=sharing

The .dds maps also be downloaded individually on the EL-CEL site Game Components>Maps.

Guild maps can be map upon request.

07-22-2013: Updated maps (also available individually on the EL-CEL site) include VOTD; VOTD Lower Mine; Arius Insides; EVTR; Melinis; Melinis Insides; Melinis Caves; Sedicolis; Idaloran; Thelinor; and Irinveron Caves, Tarsengaard (all); Bethel Cave; DP cave; Porland; misc1; mapundeworld; Seridia; MM insides; and RoT

Edited by Olivine

Thanks Olivine. The maps look good. :D

The maps are very nice, the slight criticism I have is that its hard to tell where a map entrance is on some maps. The sign markers are hard to make out.

Nice work!

Previews of the maps are also available on the EL-CEL site Game Components>Maps

Previews are all great but there is no link for Sedicolis preview showing up.

Nice work!

Previews of the maps are also available on the EL-CEL site Game Components>Maps

Previews are all great but there is no link for Sedicolis preview showing up.

Fixed - sorry about that

So I know I am not supposed to ask for help in getting these maps installed on my Mac because it is not an official map. Please re-direct me to the appropriate place to ask for help.

These maps are unofficial [referring to Bloodsucker maps in this case] and not supported via official means, e.g. official forums or help channels. Please check the site you downloaded them from for additional help.

as chr0nik said, custom content is not officially supported, but you might find this link on the wiki helpful:

http://el-wiki.net/Custom_maps

at the bottom it gives specific instructions for installing on the Mac

Followed instruction on wiki page. tried several different ideas. (1.right click on application icon->"Show Package Contents"->Resources/data/maps/ then paste new maps into maps folder. 2.opened Library/Application Support/Eternal Lands and added new nested folders named updates/1_9_3/maps/ then pasted new maps there. 3. pasted new maps into Library/Application Support/Eternal Lands/main/maps.

I now see all my map markers on a white background. I know I did this correctly before when I successfully installed the Bloodsucker maps. LOL!

GreyElf,

What version of OS do you have on your Mac. I also have a Mac (OS 10.8.4 recently upgraded from 10.6.8) and have not had a problem with them being in ~user/Library/Application Support/Eternal Lands/updates/1_9_3/maps. I do not have them in any other location. The Library/Application Support/Eternal Lands/main/maps is where the data for the personal map markers is stored.

Edited by Olivine

About this Mac says: Max OS X version 10.4.11

Hardware Overview:

Machine Name: Mac mini

Machine Model: PowerMac10,1

CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (1.2)

Number Of CPUs: 1

CPU Speed: 1.25 GHz

L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB

Memory: 1 GB

Bus Speed: 167 MHz

Boot ROM Version: 4.8.9f1

Serial Number: ********

I successfully re-installed Bloodsucker maps. Maybe my hardware and OSX are just too old.

I re-installed BS maps by right-clicking EL application icon. I selected "Show Contents" from sub-menu.

I copied and pasted the .dds files into the map folder that I found there. (Contents -> Resources -> Data -> maps)

vert_de_gris and sable in game

small error on DP coal cave map: The exit is not on the right spot. Should be more to the left

small error on DP coal cave map: The exit is not on the right spot. Should be more to the left

Fixed in latest update (see beginning of post)

Tarensgaard crypt - Magic School and caves - should be Tarsengaard

Thanks, I have corrected the spelling of Tarsengaard on many maps in latest upload - see link at beginning of topic

Small note -- in the .zip file, Irilion.dds, Seridia.dds, and Anitora.dds are capitalized. This causes them to be ignored on systems (e.g. Linux) with case-sensitive filesystems.

Z

Hi :pirate: after installing your high res version of the maps, while inside of the EVTR sulfur cave the map comes up as a white screen. I'm not sure if it's my computer or somewhere I could have screwed up during installation

I had the same problem. Also have the same problem with Tahraji Desert map. Replaced said maps with BS versions.

I agree they are nicely detailed maps, while they are fixed i'll replace the evtr sulfur/iron cave with the BS one for the meantime. nice work :icon13:

Edited by MilesBreezy

Small note -- in the .zip file, Irilion.dds, Seridia.dds, and Anitora.dds are capitalized. This causes them to be ignored on systems (e.g. Linux) with case-sensitive filesystems.

Z

I will fix this, and let you know when the next iteration of the maps is uploaded - Olivine