Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest underdogslayer

i need info about how to be a moderator

Guest underdogslayer

ok i know its almost impossible to get to be a moderator but i just want to know how to be one ofcourse i want to be one so i could help ppl and announce contests:D but i know thats almost impossible but every step even the smallest step gets you closer to your dreams.so please help me,please give me information if you know and want to make a player happy.

Why do you dream of being a mod? IMNSHO the job itself sucks, when you get an abuse report you have to drop everything and go there, you get a lot of shit from players that think they've been treated unfairly, you can't flame on the boards etc. The only advantage I see is that high lvl mods get to wear a cool cape.

So, why?

EDIT: btw, i think a first step would be to get an account on the forums...

Edited by Grum

Guest underdogslayer

i hoped for a bit more cleaner reply but maybe i like to help people,well its not exactly a dream but i dontk now why i like to help ppl and i always try to be fair and of my relatives is a judge so i like to clear out mistakes,well i hope its not in your way that i want to be one but i just asked for help.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10677

Try to read throughly before you post this was in the Announcements section. A search would have turned it up.

And there are people who have been playing a long time and have been active in the community, that will likely be considered LONG before you would have a shot.

In addition to what's in that link, I would have to agree with Grum.

Get a forum account, and show through your posts here that you are mature and fair.

And then don't be suprized if it still doesn't happen for years.

EDIT: If you want to help people, help people... You don't need a title or powers to do that. Hang out at the beam... heal people... offer the newbies veggies for free... etc.

Edited by Kenneth916

time is no problem i dont feel like getting to be one right away even 10 years is a possible waiting time to me,but that doesnt mean i will play 10 hours every day until i get to be a moderator if it ever happends.i just thought its a easier way to help newcomers and also make new good friends.i can still help people on the channels but in the last days i havent ben seeing alot of people asking for help in the channels.i hope i am not making anyone feel dumb

Oh, I don't care if someone wants to be a mod, I'm just interested in why you would want to be one. I'm also not trying to discourage you, but I do think that being able to explain why you want to be a mod should be an important part in the selection. Anyway, to asnwer your question: play the game, learn it well. Help people out on newbie channel, or anywhere you see them. Build up a good reputation, with other players, the current mods, and with Roja.

Don't expect to become a mod overnight. It takes time, maturity, effort, and tact. Given the name you chose on this forum, I think you will need to invest a lot in all of them.

Guest Guest

oh my i have one bad recording,i once choosed a wrong channel and talked on a wrong topic and someone sent an abuse to a moderator right away,i hope its not a big mistake.

Guest Guest

Well ofcourse i have an explanation why i want to be a moderator.its not beacuse i want to be famous its not about that all i dont care if anyone knows about me at all as long as i can help someone i dont know why but its just feels great after someone says "thank you" after you help him/her.And also i like competitions a bit.

I don't think that anyone here is mad at you... and none of us have used any 'bad' words.

You are not being mistreated or handled harshly.

Please do not try to read between these lines... It's blank. :D

Edited by Kenneth916

Guest Guest_underdogslayer

Just to say that i am not a professionalt player(my levels arent the best),but i

know alot about the game.If you want to test my information go ahead and ask me questions about the game i will gladly ancwer them.

A.) Please register for the forum. You'll find that questions you'll be asked don't all relate directly to the game. A registered forum presence will be needed.

B.) Wait. A lot of players play for 1-3 months and then get bored and go elsewhere.

C.) Channel 1. Go to #jc 1. This is a great channel for helping players. Start here and help them.

D.) I don't know how long you've been playing the game, but I've been playing now for over a year and I still learn things (nearly every day).

E.) Most people who constantly ask for how to become a moderator aren't given the option.

F.) Roja and various moderators & noob helpers ususally nominate helpful people in the game for any openings. From there, the nominations are usually confirmed and then the player in question is confronted and asked if they would like the position. Please note: they will come to you if they would like you as a moderator, not the other way around.

(You'll note a lot of repitition in what others have posted... that is on purpose).

Edited by Kit

i have ben playing for more then a year,i am always in channel one but when im really busy i cant help people alot,i dont ask to be a moderator all the time i just post replys,i am a forum member and i dont want to bother people all the time with telling them that i want to be a modrator.

Underdogslayer,

Can you tell me what I said that was 'unpolite'? I thought I was just making factual statements, but if it hurt your feelings then I may need to improve my communications in the future.

What is your in-game name? I spend 3-4 hours a day on #jc 1 (more on the weekends) but I dont remember "underdogslayer" being there. Do you go by another name?

So you haven't played much lately, and before that for five months you've been focused on making money and not on helping people on jc 1?

Edited by Kit

no i said that 5 months ai have ben making money and before that i have ben helping people,the thing is i help people by funding them,if i see someone asking for help outside the channel then that means hes in greater problem cause he propably doesnt know how to use the channels so i give them a litttle money to get started and i have met alot of people who to help that way but ofcourse i help on the channels too but i dont waste all my time to help people when i feel tired i cant be up all night to help people.

Sounds like the gym,you cant do anything wrong,ill ancwer you then about the notifications,viruses well people send me emails alot and sometimes i get viruses and if you want me to tell the names ill be glad to:trojan horse,worm,s s boggle,i have gotten lots of viruses cause the virus protection program i have isnt working but soon you will propably start sending that you dont need to know what is wrong with my computer well then just dont ask,if you ask be ready to wait any kind of ancwers.someone mencioned about helping people on channel 1 all the time,i do help people there only that please listen i cant do it all day just beacuse you dont see me helping anyone there doesnt mean i dont help usually people PM me when i ask who needs help on channel one.And oh about the vague sentence...i live in Estonia.

and thank you for the information but dont get so private about all i tell:D

Edited by underdogslayer

The most important part of being a mod is that s/he can be trusted. I'm sorry to say this, but in this thread, you do not come across as trustworthy. Your excuses for not being on channel 1 look like you just made them up. You didn'texplain to kenneth why you told him he was being impolite (unless that was addressed to me, in which case i'd tell you to be less sensitive). A "not well known" country sounds very vague.

As I said, work on building up respect. You need it to be a mod.

EDIT: friendly word of advice: the EDIT button is your best friend. Well, the edit button and google. Please don't make multiple posts in a row.

Edited by Grum

Lately my computer has ben getting weird viruses so i havent had the option to play so much but its all going to change soon and also i have concentrated 5 months lately to gather money.

hmmm something about this souns fishy..... <_<

edit: if you have read the post on the anounments then you would know no sloppy or short hand writing or l33t

Edited by sonic808

Just BTW, spamming "if you need help, pm me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" in the newb chat (More excalamation marks followed) is not a very good way to become a moderator.