Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Egarra

Summoning stones revisited :D

Since the skill migrated from basically a PK skill

Summoning was great in pk, used to help out. But with the addition of stones imo summoning is still there in pk and useful. But it's so much easier to use stones in pk than actually summon, so a lvl 0 summoner can do better than a lvl 100 summoner cos of stones.. I have lvl 50 summon and 70 a/d too, but i'd much prefer using my bear stones rather than summoning a bear, cause they are much less emu, no mana taken, and no chance of fails either.

Just feeling that there should be a benefit to traditional summoning for those that have the level, maybe strength increase, decreased HP loss, or some other special ability. So people will try to level summon for themselves instead of using stones ;) . Any good change would make people happy i think.

Those items are what all manuers/crafters do, there are no other products that are worth leveling with. With summoning there is a range of stuff, from low level to high level it changes all the way... The skills that need revisit are crafting and manufacturing.

this is getting too much off topic, if you want to talk about it feel free to PM in game :P

Since the skill migrated from basically a PK skill (a skill that you had to work at to have an advantage in PK) to a type of manufacturing skill (where the stones are sellable and now anyone can do it)

Yes, very true, in the old times summoners used their skill to pk, but... it was very very very rare, since only summoners with decent lvl were able to mass-summon mountain chims( summoning was way harder 2 lvl, very expensive, so very less ppl at 40+summon).

It would be nice if something high level could be summonable by top summonors. What I imagine is a high level creature i.e Dragon, or what ever creature may someday be created, as a monster that is only summonable in the traditional method. This will bring something to the game for only summonors who may or may not be the best fighters in the game.

Plz read my post about giants once again, they r crazy advantage on the battlefield, few giants( maybe like 10) can easly wipe out all top10a/d. If u will be able to summon dragons now no1 will even try to kill them, all ppl will w8 until dragon(s) die from itself( or use invi smite summon on them :mace: ) coz absutely no point in fighting summoned dragons.

In a pk event, I would expect summonors to be possibly protected by others in the PK party and actually encourage more of a group pk activity. This is not much different then placing hydro in a pk area. It was, iirc, designed to encourage more coorporation amongst players to obtain the hydro. And, this has been accomplished to some extent.

If summoner is smart and has his/her friends near, nothing will happen 2 him/her. Of coz summoner is way more fragile from pure fighters but i think it should be that way. I saw few pk events where high lvl summoners participated and they really did crazy dmg with summons( all that before the stones :P )

About summon stones

I read that thread few times, and i think the deal is: summoning way easier to lvl, not elite skill anymore, more money get out of the game(coz of npc stone-seller), summoned creatures used way often in pk( coz even 0-summon newbz can use stones w/o a problem ).

(Some)High lvl summoners didnt liked it coz it made their summon less usefull in pk+ it was easy for newbies to make that 40-50lvls which took a lot more effort before stones.

eMPi

Very nice article to read about the summoning.

But i have to react on this :mace:

very nice and most of it is right, but about giant stones:

1) why waste 24kgc (48kgc... bc hi lvl fighters can kill 1 summ giant) to kill someone, when he lost only rosto (15kgc) (I want greet bep this way :-)

1) losing rosto u cant get experience.

2) making a giant stone u get 12k experiences

3) now everybody knows i have a sting, and they will always thinks twice to attack a summoner.

4) It is always nice to see a topplayer like u in mine killing list.

Plz read my post about giants once again, they r crazy advantage on the battlefield, few giants( maybe like 10) can easly wipe out all top10a/d. If u will be able to summon dragons now no1 will even try to kill them, all ppl will w8 until dragon(s) die from itself( or use invi smite summon on them :) ) coz absutely no point in fighting summoned dragons.

... but fighter have a bonus every day: yesterday you was not able to kill a giant, tomorrow you'll train with giants and so on because a/d goes up.

I don't understand this discrimination against summoners: no dragon because there's need to wait for skilful fighters.

Nightmares are good in a MMORPG :)

@mp,blodoks: dragon for ings ~200kgc should be very good, it'll be same like giants, a lot of players just waste their gc for nothing

@bep: next time, pay me rosto + 2 giant stones and I'll learn you how to edit kill count :-)

and add 2) 0,5exp you have for 1gc you waste is good for you? (I have 5,5 exp/gc in manuf, 10 exp/gc in craft, 30 exp/gc in alc, 30 exp/gc in pot ...), you must be ebul irl rich to exp sum this way

3) its not right, now I know it, so next time I dont give you any chance

Plz read my post about giants once again, they r crazy advantage on the battlefield, few giants( maybe like 10) can easly wipe out all top10a/d. If u will be able to summon dragons now no1 will even try to kill them, all ppl will w8 until dragon(s) die from itself( or use invi smite summon on them :) ) coz absutely no point in fighting summoned dragons.

Today, they may be a crazy advantage, but what about in a year or so from now. There are already players that fight Dragons. If we were talking about a dragon stone instead of a summonable dragon woulld you think the same way? If a dragon were summoned during pk would it end all PK as we now know it?

I'm very interested in what pk'rs have to say about summoning in pk, and would like to see some more commentary about stones in general and not just the giant. Summoning, as it currently stands, is basically creating weapons for pk'rs. I tried using a yeti once to harvest white tiger furs, but the expense of ingredients and the cost of the essences to keep it alive, greatly outweighed the number of furs obtained. Hey, but it was fun. It was the first time I really summoned since stones were created. Now, I pretty much just manufacture stones. I'm just hoping that leveling can slow down, and then there would be something to do with the skill once I reach the top. As it currently stands, the benefit to leveling summoning is just less failures. I already make all the stones. And there is not a huge market for Giant stones. I may sell 1 or 2 a week, so its great exp, but I cant sell to the NPC and not many buy (only pk'rs), so I don't make too many. Thats not even taking into account that the stone requires many rare ingredients. 3 ele, 1 eme, and a binding stone. Its not just about money, those can be hard to come by. Again the mainstay for summoners is tigers.

I may be interested in getting involved in pk, but with my A/D I have a long way to go. But with summoning, that could be a different story.

I would like to hear what other pk'rs think about a Dragon in pk.......

I think I'm not bad PKer and I want it, as I said ~200kgc summon and ~300k stone :-)

I think I'm not bad PKer and I want it, as I said ~200kgc summon and ~300k stone :-)

Marwen is exaggerating, something like 100k summon and 200k stone is fair :)

if we get a dragon summon (and/or stone) on the future, there are a lot of things involved, so its really pointless to guess how much it will cost.

I would think that if a summonable dragon is implemented, then it def should be only summon and not stone.

This seems to be partly what people are getting at, whats the point in raising a skill that costs a lot to raise (till stones) where the only 2 benefits are profit (though you can get much better in other skills) and the ability to summon things (yet the stones are more effecient (no failures) and can be used with a 0 summon skill.

We need something completely unique to summoners, so for example if pkers want to summon dragons, then train up summoning!

Guest GeekBoy

We need something completely unique to summoners, so for example if pkers want to summon dragons, then train up summoning!

Yea.

Marwen is exaggerating, something like 100k summon and 200k stone is fair :confused:

Wow..this seems high to me. Lets suppose that the dragon was made summonable, but there was not a stone. Then it would be rare in PK since only summonors could summon it. At this point there are very few summonors that can even summon a giant. I think of my experiences making giant stones and HUGE failure rates, and that is with a blessing. I have failed and lost ingredients for 4 giants stones in a row once, hince why I think that NPC prices are low. When you 'click' on a stone, there is no chance of failure. In KF, if a dragon was summoned the traditional way, then there is not the benefit of using a blessing unless the timing was perfect, and there will be a huge chance for failure. If a dragon was made summonable, then I think it should be summoned. If the price is too high, and the failure rate too high then I doubt that it would get much use at all. ---I use the dragon as the example since that is currently the only monster in the game above giants.

When I started this thread, I was thinking about how to improve the summoning skill and make it more attractive to players to start and for players that are already involved with the skill to stick with it. When I started summoning there were no stones and I thought of it as a PK skill. When stones were created the skill changed drastically. I continued the skill since I already had a lot of time and money invested, its much easier to level now and not as expensive, but imho its no longer summoning...summoners are the only ones that don't summon anymore. We make stones for others to summon. There are a lot of skills that make something..Potioners, crafters, manufactures, alchemist are all types of manufacturing skills. Magic is not, A/D is not, Harvesting is not, Summoning was not, but now it is. I would like to see a blend for the summoning skill, keep the stones (they ballance out the skill and make it easier to level which should attract more players to summon), but bring back the reason to summon in the traditional way. I think this 'reason' could be embodied in the ability to summon a dragon (no stone) I think that everyone will benefit. I can't speak for other summonors, but I beleive that most would be happy with this.

Edited by Egarra

I would like to see a blend for the summoning skill, keep the stones (they ballance out the skill and make it easier to level which should attract more players to summon), but bring back the reason to summon in the traditional way. I think this 'reason' could be embodied in the ability to summon a dragon (no stone) I think that everyone will benefit. I can't speak for other summonors, but I beleive that most would be happy with this.

this point is what I tried to explain in my post, but I tend to ramble on about other stuff and get confusing lol.

:icon13:

yeh and if ur under lvl 60 you make barely any profit, so the whole point of the discussion?

i repeat... tiger ings = 20 gypsum (60gc if u buy it in a hyperbag @3ea) + 20 les (100gc) + 4 srs (56gc) + fps (12gc each) + tiger fur (90gc each)

318gc each ... if u dont fail any... and they sell for 315-320... lol @ summoners get rich. yeh summoners get rich if they harv all their gypsum alone... and for average 20k gypsum you need a whole day. 60kgc profit a day for a summoner is acceptable, isnt it?

anyway egarra is right with the listed points, but i think he calced his tigers without the gypsum :hug:

Edited by Tempest