Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Restoration based on rationality

Hmmm I was actually going to get some positive perks when/if atribute 48 cap will come, but with this idea I will need to use my pp's for rationality :/

Good idea, for sure want to try it.

Though the Magic Immunity spell must be different somehow, if you want people to be able to become a mage.

Says all.

No matter how strong magic is, they wont go through mag imm so 100 mage wont be able to kill 1 fighter given that the mages all have low a/d but super high magic unless there is a despell that requires like 25+ rationality or something ent can think of.

One of the good things about the attribute cap, is it will add more character diversity by not limiting the players to only being able to compete by getting mostly coordination. Restoration being based on rationality would have the opposite effect because then everyone would be better off with a p/c/r/w build since it has dex, health and mana (although lacking a bit in reaction, but there is still some coord).

So, I would rather not have it on the pk server. Maybe I'm wrong, but it would atleast be nice to try it out first before implementing. on that note, will there be a PK Test Server after the Beta?

Edited by Ryuu

Its different here on pk server than on the main.

Reasons why it can work out nicely here:

1) new server, all players will have same chances, not like on the main where some1 could make 2k+emu and 140+a/d withouth spending 1pp in will/reasoning :)

2) attribute cap 48 so maximum cross attribute might=48, and not 100+ like on the main server= u will not need col for pking coz ppl wont hit u that hard.

3) Col wont be so powerfull anymore, even if u wear it in most cases u will restore only little more points than u usually restore.

4) 100a/d limit, there wont be any need to fight/train/kill high lvl mobs, fluffy or feros will be just fine for training and for some fun u can always serp desert chims, on that mobs u dont need so big health(col), u r just fine if u restore like 120-160 health at max :)

mp

How will a pure mage (high magic level and only lets say 20 a/d) ever be able to compete with a melee fighter? The mage will need some damage control, or will he just keep healing himself untill he is out of mana and then flee? Doesnt sound like a lot of fun to me...

This doesnt just go for PK, but also against monsters. Say you have 80 magic, you would like to think that that is pretty high, but without the matching defense all you can do is cast 1 offensive spell on a monster, and then you need every 2 seconds to restore your health. No time to cast more offensive spells.

I know someone proposed some shielding spell, that will absorb hp damage at the cost of mana damage. Let's say you cast this spell, and for every 3 hp damage you would normally receive, you lose 1 mana instead?

Or what about a spell that lets your magic level count as your defense? If you cast it you would have 80 defense. Or even better: a combination of the above. And if your mana runs out, the spell wears of as well.

Just brainstorming a bit :)

Then you would have time to cast more spells at your enemy.

Personally I think you should be able to combine both normal melee with magic, kinda like a battle mage. Chosing the mage class should give disadvangtages in melee combat. Kinda like a balance.

How will a pure mage (high magic level and only lets say 20 a/d) ever be able to compete with a melee fighter? The mage will need some damage control, or will he just keep healing himself untill he is out of mana and then flee? Doesnt sound like a lot of fun to me...

This doesnt just go for PK, but also against monsters. Say you have 80 magic, you would like to think that that is pretty high, but without the matching defense all you can do is cast 1 offensive spell on a monster, and then you need every 2 seconds to restore your health. No time to cast more offensive spells.

I know someone proposed some shielding spell, that will absorb hp damage at the cost of mana damage. Let's say you cast this spell, and for every 3 hp damage you would normally receive, you lose 1 mana instead?

Or what about a spell that lets your magic level count as your defense? If you cast it you would have 80 defense. Or even better: a combination of the above. And if your mana runs out, the spell wears of as well.

Just brainstorming a bit :)

Then you would have time to cast more spells at your enemy.

New spell: <your rationality here> chance to mirror hit of the enemy, duration somewhere between 30 and 300 seconds?

Sounds good idea. If there will be CoLs in pk server, it is just good that peeps cannot heal their hp to max with them, if don't take high rationality.

Nidan ur ideas r very nice xD

Pure mage could have some p/c but also 48will/vit so decent health and toughness+mana of coz, it will help to not die too fast.

Still, as long as u dont have blocks on some1 u will die rather fast :)

And some nice offensive spell is needed as well, something like poison but that it should ignore the magic immune and deal 30-40 dmg every round or maybe even more.

There is one problem - fighters usually have high magic lvl as well, so they will use it too, so maybe make its damage depended a lot from ur mana or will or some attribute that isnt neccecary good for a fighter but would be good to have for a mage( reasoning or maybe rationality? i dunno myself).

U also have to bare in mind that lvling magic is very expensive unless u do that while a/d training and u will need some way of making gc for a mage( with low emu, so low p/c it is pretty hard to make any gc).

mp

U also have to bare in mind that lvling magic is very expensive unless u do that while a/d training and u will need some way of making gc for a mage( with low emu, so low p/c it is pretty hard to make any gc).

Profitable spell(s) like "phones to gold", but requiring magic nexus to cast or something? :)

Profitable spell(s) like "phones to gold", but requiring magic nexus to cast or something? :D

Phones to gold, omg selling stolen objects? :)

Phones to gold, omg selling stolen objects? :)
ROTFL!! :D

But isn't that what PK is?....well, you kill the dude first and then steal his goods! :P

Nonono... The goods are gifts from the gods, they reward you because you are good worshipper. For roleplaying reasons we should not give drops for godless people, that would help economy and increase the gameplay-fun and pking-activity :)