Eternal Lands Official Forums
bkc56

Getting off IP

Hey, I'm the one who wants no modifications at all! Probably also will be the one who get PK'ed the most!! :D Seems city areas being safe so trade can go on is reasonable, but then there will be lurkers at the gates just like at the docks. Who knows, maybe players will hire themselves out as bounty hunters, mercenaries, or bodyguards.... maybe I'll start the "Blackwater Guild" and call myself Prince!* :D It already takes place in RL....

Learner, that's great! I was wondering if someone would post that "Noob" page!! It's just like the PK forum categories!! :D:laugh::laugh:

*JFYI Blackwater is one of the American private companies in Iraq protecting VIP's. Many bloodthirsty stories about them. The CEO is named Prince. Blackwater USA (clicky)

Edited by Mugwump

Hey, I'm the one who wants no modifications at all! Probably also will be the one who get PK'ed the most!! :D Seems city areas being safe so trade can go on is reasonable, but then there will be lurkers at the gates just like at the docks.

We need a few modifications, because leaving IP will be a serious problem. Making the docks a safe area gives you the chance to go safely to a city where you can hide, go to a storage and get some rings or teleport essies.

For C2, i just would say make whole idaloran non PK, thats fair enough, since its a big map and has a lot of exits, so players can come back from underworld and wont pked by cementary campers.

But its not needed IMO, that all docks on C2 are safe. Idaloran map is enough, and C2 on the PK server should be a little bit more dangerous IMO. The point is, make it fair to leave underworld on both continents. For C1, this can be done with the docks, for C2 Idaloran.

maybe I'll start the "Blackwater Guild" and call myself Prince!* :D It already takes place in RL....

Yeah, but in opposite to RL you have to follow some rules here :P

Learner, that's great! I was wondering if someone would post that "Noob" page!! It's just like the PK forum categories!! :D:laugh::laugh:

The noob comic is a very good example what *NOT* should happen.

We should *NOT* have isolated safe areas where you have no chance to escape. All docks on C1 have at least 2 exits, all Cities have at least 2 exits

Making the docks on C1 a safe zone doesnt lock you in that area, you can always go to Portland and hide in the city. Or just leave to DP, VOTD. You dont *need* to stay in a small area, you can move. Well, and if you go afk at docks, the gargs in whitestone will still get you, or any random invasion at the next full hour.

So, going afk on docks is a *BAD* idea :P

About the idea to leave C1 underworld to portals room, i dont like it. ppl train magic to be able to cast the portals room spell. Just dumping stuff into storage and do #suicide and you can access to portals room is way too easy IMO.

Just my 2 euro-cents ;)

Piper

Or instead of making the docks safe, make the underworld go to the Map Room, so you can go to muleiple maps right away.

Yup, that would solve this problem.

Probably also will be the one who get PK'ed the most!!

If u leave safe zone than yes, very possible :)

Altho i would prefer to pk ppl who buy a lot of rostos for $$$, its good for the game :>

mp

yeah lets put a storage on IP and give every 1 what they want and make things difficult \o/ just make CERTAIN docks safe and imo it'll be fine >.> what will be hilarious is the tinnnnny little seperation of the docks and the "safe" area of the city in votd... people get 3 steps away and die \o/

yeah lets put a storage on IP and give every 1 what they want and make things difficult \o/ just make CERTAIN docks safe and imo it'll be fine >.> what will be hilarious is the tinnnnny little seperation of the docks and the "safe" area of the city in votd... people get 3 steps away and die \o/

And that will surely make less people to visit Votd. Being the highest-traffic-map of main server, that will be only good idea.

that level is about oa 7 or something... you can make that in your first minute on veg

True but if you have played on the real srvr and have been reading on these posts you will know away to get to where you will prob spend most your time either training or w/e you know i mean as soon as it comes up i wanna pvp so i get my lvls faster...or am i saying to much here tks for the info

you know i mean as soon as it comes up i wanna pvp so i get my lvls faster...or am i saying to much here tks for the info

:confused: erm pvp would cost alot (considering no drops/gc + cost for posts/essences...specially early in game).......or perhaps i said to much here :)

Edited by yaserhameed

im pretty sure people will wanna make gc for training(before taking anti) so harving and selling will be some peoples top priority first off then in comes the pking

IMO u can get 31 PP fast as soon as u hit 10 oa using anti/godless/pH so it wouldnt be hard to get 40 coord b4 20 oa but theres also other PK stratigies some r p/c/w and p/c/v and other just w/c, so it wouldnt be hard just to PK really early in the game to get GC and then reset to train a/d or get full negged after 10 oa+ and u could have 40-50 coord and be owning every1 from docks lol well just my opinion

~bigk

you know i mean as soon as it comes up i wanna pvp so i get my lvls faster...or am i saying to much here tks for the info

:) erm pvp would cost alot (considering no drops/gc + cost for posts/essences...specially early in game).......or perhaps i said to much here :P

2 chars, instinct/will/vit, safe place, beaming to tutorial npc if needed healing = easy exp.

Even if you reset after you have high enough def, it will help you a lot while training monsters.

Edited by ville-v