Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Story List

Here is a list of Short Stories that we need to have written. More stories will be added over time.

Please do not just start writing a story!

First you have to be approved as a writer. You should write a small short story on your character from the game to prove you can write well enough to write an official story for the game.

After you have been approved to write an official story by Roja, you may pick from 1 of the stories below. These are all short stories(but they can be much longer than your short character story). Only 1 person can write about a story. Post here which story you'd like to write, and I will mark that it's taken by you.

Also, you must follow the Story Submission Procedures exactly! Every step must be approved!

Story List

Grahm's Village Summoning Arena- a story about the summoning arena and of the Red Snakes & Blue Falcons(the teams represented there).

It can also include info on the SKf & Tahraji arenas. Info as in the founding, history, events that took place there, etc.(it doesn't have to though)

[Taken by Nova]Tarsengaard Magic school - there are many things that can be written about in this school. Many mysterious places, puzzles, etc..

[Taken by Peino]Egratia "magic school"- There was an old insane Warlock who lived here. It was a school of some sort..what kind of students did he teach? What are their stories? What is HIS story? :)

[Taken by Pyewacket]Tarsengaard crypt & gargoyle cave - What's the story behind all the gargoyle statues? The unmarked grave?

[Reserved for Pyewacket]The Foundings of Tirnym and Naralik Magic Schools - Why did Rivena choose these locations?

[Taken by Melisande]The Red Witch of Emerald Valley -Who is she? What role does she play in EVTR?

Palon Vertas Cave- a warrior battle ground? What happened here?

Morcraven Battle Hall - A temple of Mortos created by warriors that aren't set on death and destruction.. could this show the followers of Mortos in a different light?

Diary of Mira - The discovery of many modern-day elixers and the story behind Seridia's most famous potioner.

The Portals Room - How was this mysterious place created?

The crystals of Melinis - An evil wizard cursed these lands, and now his magic crystals drain the water and nutrients from the lands. Only little can grow with strong magic aiding it (a couple sections in the city).

------------------------------

FINISHED, by TerrorgrimForest of the Fall- A curse was put on this place, it is always autumn as the trees never grow their leaves nor do new plants grow here..but what is the curse about exactly? Aluwen's temple entrance is here, the curse must involve her somehow. And ruins..an ancient temple of aluwen's, and homes of her followers?

[FINISHED by Enly]Port Anitora & the Dragon Ship- how did a gnome build a flying ship made out of dragon bones? Is he a mage? Did he use magic? Perhasp the magic was imbedded in the dragon bones? Why/how did he land on Anitora?

[FINISHED by Pyewacket]A story on the Present Day Grandmaster mages:

Jerun (Male human) - Air Element, Tarsengaard Magic School

Osreng (Male Draegoni) - Water Element, Palon Vertas Magic School

Rivena (female Elf) - Earth Element, Tirnym Magic School

Nerala (female Orchan) - Fire Element, Arius Magic School

*note on Arius it is full of gnomes. Why would an Orchan be here? And most Orchans wouldn't be involed in any organized magic school, they would behave more tribal like with magic and with anything. They'd ahve shamans and such. A good story can be written around Nerala.

Edited by Enly

Forest of the Fall- A curse was put on this place, it is always autumn as the trees never grow their leaves nor do new plants grow here..but what is the curse about exactly? Aluwen's temple entrance is here, the curse must involve her somehow. And ruins..an ancient temple of aluwen's, and homes of her followers?

I'd love to get my teeth into this one!

I am opting for Nerala, who seems to be the daughter of the previous fire element Grandmaster mage Nerahk.

I have a few ideas and will post up the spec/outline for it in a thread later.

I am opting for Nerala, who seems to be the daughter of the previous fire element Grandmaster mage Nerahk.

I have a few ideas and will post up the spec/outline for it in a thread later.

Actually, we just changed to name to have female grandmasters.

And that selection was supposed to be on all four of the grandmasters. How they came to be, etc.

um ok..it just got bigger then lol...

will have to rethink things a little to integrate the other 3 into what i had planned but well..i will still give it a try and post up the outline (now it will be in a series format tho lol)

It's ok if you do individual stories on them too, in fact stuff like that is wanted! It brings the reader in closer contact with the individual characters.

Port Anitora & the Dragon Ship- how did a gnome build a flying ship made out of dragon bones? Is he a mage? Did he use magic? Perhasp the magic was imbedded in the dragon bones? Why/how did he land on Anitora?

I'd like to try this one. Not sure what to write about it exactly :) but ill give it some thought and post a summary :D

Egratia "magic school"- There was an old insane Warlock who lived here. It was a school of some sort..what kind of students did he teach? What are their stories? What is HIS story?

If no one else has dibs on this one, I'd like to try my hand at it over the winter. :cry: I'll try to post an short summary as soon as I can.

Edited by peino

Someone had was going to do that, but hasn't doing anything on it in months. Hope to see the story finished this time :cry:

Hi, Acelon and Roja,

Just wanted to let you know it's going to be longer than I planned before I can post a proposed outline for the Egratia magic school story. I had planned to have one up by now, but due to a lot of crap, it's not coming together (being me is not a lot of fun just now). Also, I still can't play EL, which means I can't visit the map to get a sense of it and take notes, so...

Anyway, I still want the story and will work on it, but if someone comes up with a proposal before me, that's okay.

--Peino

Hi, Ace and Roja,

I'm working on a summary for the Egratia magic school to submit for approval, per the instructions, but I need to ask:

Where should I post the summary? Here, or as a separate topic? If a separate topic, in which story forum?

Thanks. I hope to have the summary ready for your review this week.

Happy New Year. :bow_arrow:

--Peino

I have an assignment from acelon at present but now I am back ingame and active again, once I have this out of the way I would like to get started on the Tarsengaard Crypt storyline, if thats ok? I know EXACTLY what should be behind the gargoyle statues and the unmarked grave :cry:

btw acelon, when u read this...there may be another npc possibility crop up if this storyline falls into my lap, be warned :cry:

I have an assignment from acelon at present but now I am back ingame and active again, once I have this out of the way I would like to get started on the Tarsengaard Crypt storyline, if thats ok? I know EXACTLY what should be behind the gargoyle statues and the unmarked grave :P

btw acelon, when u read this...there may be another npc possibility crop up if this storyline falls into my lap, be warned :cry:

Looking forward to what you have planned :cry:

Tars crypt storyline done. Written start to end...55 minutes ;)

EDIT: OOPS! I mistakenly wrote about tarsengaard crypt instead of the gargoyle tomb! I apologize for that, and will begin working on the right one shortly!!

:s

Edited by Pyewacket

Pyewacket, and everyone else who wants to write a story..PLEASE FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!

Please, thoroughly REREAD the first post in this topic.